The cow follows the trawler!

OK, I know there's been a couple of threads regarding Rooney recently, and most people have given there opinion about:

1. Do we want him back.

2. Do we think its possible?

3. And for some, do we even care?

Now the press release from Old Trafford today is basically "No comment"! But for me, that in itself is a statement, ie, something strange is going on. Wayne wont sign a contact, Redface says he wants to leave... yet today they're asking there fans to be patient.

Some of there fans (sorry, most of their fans) already have gone into scouse hating mode, death threats have been mentioned, i take this as a warning if he were to sign for the arabs!

So, then you look at other clubs, and apart from chelski (Terry and Cole tapping him up) and Real Madrid aka, the chosen one. I can't see him going anywhere else. So why would manure not say today?

We are still talking to people, you know, Stretford, and whoever else and when its decided, we will let the fans know. But one thing is for sure: Rooney is leaving sometime in the near future.

There are manure fans that realise they could, and probably are on a downward spiral, and are desperate for Rooney to stay! Their fans are living in hope that he stays.

Why wouldnt a simple statement that, whatever happens, Rooney's going, have been said today! I cant understand why they haven't confirmed that he's leaving to sign for whoever. Not who too ? that can come later, but at least don't torment your own fans.

So, I now believe that he may stay there! All they have to say is, Wayne's deffo going at the earliest opportunity. Instead of limbo, even just for one more night? Put their fans out of misery, at least they would know.

Strange, very strange!
Robert Daniels, formby     Posted 21/10/2010 at 22:42:03

Comments

Michael Kenrick
1   Posted 22/10/2010 at 14:29:09

I was getting a bit worried... but you got there in the end, Robert. Well done!

What a lot of wasted fretting though... or was it? Have United just made sure they will get a massive fee for him???
Mark Murphy
2   Posted 22/10/2010 at 14:29:31

I reckon you may be right!

I'll bet he agrees a new 5 year deal earlier today to stay at UTD until june 2015!

And all to make sure that we get a bigger cut of his transfer next summer!

What a palaver!

Dick Fearon
3   Posted 22/10/2010 at 14:50:00

I empathize with SAF and Manure supporters, I know exactly how they feel. At the same time my sympathy is tempered somewhat in the knowledge that to cover for Rooney the fans of another poor teams will suffer being raped.

On something slightly different I wonder where SAF will open negotiations, will he do the same as Bill Kenwright and set Rooney's initial sale price price higher than what he realistically expects. I will have a stab at £50 mil opening gambit with the deal done at £30mil... plus add ons of course.

Bill Slater
4   Posted 22/10/2010 at 14:49:38

Just seen a news announcement that he has signed a 5 year deal at Man Utd. So much for all those pseudo Manc fans issuing death threats. Fuckin arse holes the lot of them. I hope the end up worse than the Red Sox II as they deserve to go into administration.
Roberto Birquet
5   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:20:56

You were right.

A strange saga. There has to be significant clauses fro him to leave if there's no success or whatever.

I expected him to go January. So I am likely wrong when I say I expect him to go in two years. Remember that Ronaldo agreed to stay one more year before joining Madrid?

And for Heaven's sake, the question whether he'd come back to us is ludicrous. We are light years behind United. They have a 75,000 capacity stadium, massive receipts and are a brand as famous as Coca Cola. Sorry, but we are not. Most foreigners probably do not know where Everton is. It's all about the brand (and the ground) - i.e. money!!
Brian Williams
6   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:33:12

...and then he could always stay at Utd *LOL*
Larry Boner
7   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:56:26

A typical outcome for Everton, Rooney stays at Utd and we miss out on £6-7m ? fucking unreal!
Michael Kenrick
8   Posted 22/10/2010 at 16:02:18

Was there ever confirmation, from a reliable source, that we would've gotten any sell-on bonus? I vaguely recall that it related to Rooney's sale during the course of his original 5-year contract at United... a trawler that has already sailed over the horizon!
Lee Kidd
9   Posted 22/10/2010 at 16:15:11

Annnnnnd... Rooney is a moneygrabbing moron. No surprises there, let's move on and try to forget the embarrassment that was a handful of Evertonians praying for this idiot to come back to Goodison.
Dave Roberts
10   Posted 22/10/2010 at 16:06:06

I agree with Holloway. There is something fundamentally wrong with football and the people who administer it. This little turd (according to latest rumour at least) has managed to double his wages! This, after declaring his teamates weren't good enough for him to play with.

That will be his downfall I'm afraid. The usual platitudes will emerge but he will not be a very popular guy within his own club. Everyone may be 'over the moon' now at Manure, but within this little saga lie the seeds of further decline, perhaps even destruction.

Football overall would have been granted a big favour if the club had told him to fuck off. But given the moral corruption that pervades the whole edifice of the Premiership, I suppose that was never going to happen was it?!

Dave Charles
11   Posted 22/10/2010 at 16:14:54

Hibbert and Osman have also signed extentions to their contracts. Happy endings all alround really :-).
Tony J Williams
12   Posted 22/10/2010 at 16:26:51

It will be a laugh in the training ground won't it? "Ey up, here comes our Wayne, he thinks we are all shite, what a lad!!"
Charles King
13   Posted 22/10/2010 at 15:44:26

For all the media bollox surrounding anything Manu, Rooney is'nt that good.

Ronaldo did it for them in the big games disguising "wazzer's" anonymity, England don't have a Ronaldo so he looks even worse at tournament level.

Thick as a brick he lets his shitehawk of an agent, Stretford, pull the strings and, ironically, he's now in danger of being hung from the Stretford end.

With the mentality of Gascoine and the waning touch of Michael Owen, Manu's last minute pot of gold contract to Rooney could be the biggest own goal ever.
Mike Green
14   Posted 22/10/2010 at 18:20:19

Unbelievable stuff. We should thank our lucky stars we're rid of Stretford and Rooney. Complete scumbags.
Dave Roberts
15   Posted 22/10/2010 at 18:44:26

After what Holloway said, Lawrenson has just been on the box saying players will have to be reigned in, in terms of their behaviour and their wage demands. He agrees with Holloway and Pulis that players have too much power.

Not that I usually give a shit what Lawrenson says of course, but something decent could come of this......but I won't hold my breath.

It's getting a bit obsence now and while I have no wish to see players in virtual slavery like they used to be, at a time when up to a million people could be losing their jobs and millions of others will have their living standards severely reduced these pricks have got to show some fucking restraint. Clubs too have got to be stronger although I know that's easier said than done.

One of the first things that could be done is all the clubs in the Prem should get together and refuse to deal with agents. Every club would have to do it or it wouldn't work. The players could ask the union then to negotiate on their behalf and without having to pay them fees or percentages. This might stop the constant pushing by agents for players to move. Let's no forget, it's all about Rooney at the moment but we have had Lescott do the same and Pienaar isn't exactly behaving himself either.

Wherever the money in football appears to come from, through the turnstiles, from television or merchandising, at the end of the day it comes out of the punters' pockets first.

I'm sick of buying Bentleys for them!
Dave Charles
16   Posted 22/10/2010 at 19:12:31

Dave Roberts - 15. Spot on mate about coming from punters pockets. The next couple of years look bleak according to experts. Football is a luxury people can't afford now and with the future looking bleak, people will tighten the purse string and football will be the first to be hit.

Also glad to read some posts from people not wanting Rooney back. I was beginning to think some had lost their memories.
Bill Slater
17   Posted 22/10/2010 at 20:51:37

Without fans, it's just another 22 fellas kickin a footy around the park on a Sunday afternoon, with some fat blokes holding the peeled oranges. That's it.

The rest is bullshit and we all know it.

Anyone heard the fable of the king walking through the streets with no clothes on?
Mike Newhouse
18   Posted 22/10/2010 at 20:56:28

Mike Green 14 - I hate to say this but if my memory serves I seem to remember that Jack Rodwell is signed to Stretford's company..... so we're not totally rid of the slimeball. I just hope Rodders is more his own man than Rooney; only time will tell.
Robbie Muldoon
19   Posted 22/10/2010 at 21:06:08

Some great comments here, especially the comparison between the harsh cuts on the less well off and the greed of Wayne Rooney and his agent (I don't think for a second it was Shrek's idea, he simply hasn't got a brain).

The quote about without the fans its just 22 lads in a park is spot on as well, players should never lose sight of this.

And for the comment on Rodwell being on Stretford's books, I googled it and couldn't find anything - but I found this comment from a United fan on a Utd forum...

"Jack Rodwell is a Manchester United player wearing the wrong shirt. This might sound arrogant but I already see him as being on loan at Everton from us.

Comment by Spirit of '68 ? August 30, 2010 @ 6:54 am"

Here's hoping Jack Rodwell is made in the mould of Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta and shows he is a million times the person that Wayne Rooney is and plays for many many years at our great Club!
Robert Daniels
20   Posted 22/10/2010 at 21:54:50

Manchester brothel workers are celebrating the end of the recession, after local businessman signs new five-year contract.
Tony McNulty
21   Posted 22/10/2010 at 22:40:43

The agent of a player whose marriage has been rocking, who has trouble with the in-laws, and who is in the worst form of his life, to the point of having been recently dropped, gets an over-the-hill Scottish manager to raise his client?s salary to more than that of any other player in the Premiership.

I dislike agents in general and this one in particular, but have to admit he?s done a good deal for the Fat Boy.

Matt Traynor
22   Posted 23/10/2010 at 04:44:11

To be honest, and especially with the way things have panned out, clubs would be crazy to be so open with fans about these kind of things.

What Man U stated was that discussions were ongoing, but they also stated Rooney's position (re-affirmed by the player's statement), and their position which was they hoped to still reach agreement.

The reaction of "fans" who made the threats, turned up at his house etc. makes this all the more necessary. Of course, the media laps this up as it's exactly what they want.

Whether you find his wages and earnings abhorrent, or just him and his advisers taking advantage of football's lunacy, the "game" has changed drastically and quickly since the advent of the Premier League.

Personally, I found the comments from Man U fans on various news websites hilarious. How "they'd made him" (so he was just potential when they bought him from us?) How "he's supposed to be one of us" (so he doesn't have a right to an opinion about the anti-Scouse songs every match?) How "he's all about the money and there's no loyalty" (Tell us Blues about it!)