Season 2011-12

Is Kenwright the new David Icke ?

11 Comments: First  |  Last

I've read the Blue Union report a few times and I'm mortified by the Kenwright delusion and how he conducts himself ? more importantly, it explains why we're dead in the water and why we'll remain that way with him in charge.

Pressured on the "no sale" of the club, he produces a roll call of names adding ?I don?t know?.I have no idea why they can?t sell it." I wonder if he's ever played Pontius Pilate washing his hands, I thought.

No, flummoxed by the Elston/Keith Harris conversation he trumpets "no-one can sell the club better than me??. Adding in the refusal of seeing the purchase of LFC and Blackburn as "major sales" these are ramblings of a deluded man.

But the "Uncle bill" routine is entirely self-serving, when queried on Elstone's Enquiry declaration that no major shareholders were looking to sell - he swerves it like the "Golden Vision" at his best. One of the most crucial features of the meeting because a conclusive answer shows one or the other has been lying.

Away from that trap he continues his obscure utterances slowing only to vent his ego again: "make me President" he says, and on the subject of an interim board to sell the club: ?No, because I don?t agree that anyone can do a better job?it?s me, it?s me?" ? what a dangerous mindset.

The conversations about stadia and the fact the Blue Union lads knew more than him was painful illustrating his ineptness but not knowing where 24 million quid has gone!!! For an enterprise dying on it's feet through lack of money, this is obscene. This exchange on the operating costs encompassing the amount is enough to have the man run out of Goodison.

?Well, surely as Chairman you should be aware what these other operating costs are?? Bill, ?No, absolutely not, and why should I? I can?t break down the accounts for you??

There was loads and loads of stuff were the general attitude to the lads was patronising and obstructive but the clear picture was he feels he's doing a great job completely in line with the aspirations of the fans.

David Icke, the sports presenter who suddenly thought he was the son of the godhead had followers you know ? maybe we could get blue tin foil hats!
Trevor Mackie, Liverpool     Posted 20/08/2011 at 00:17:35

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Mike Allison
1   Posted 20/08/2011 at 09:02:10

"Stating no-one is a bigger Evertonian, then declaring he doesn't want to be here before trumping it with ?How can I get out and leave my Football Club?? ? It's like a blissful child talking gibberish to his favourite toy."

I think I disagree with your interpretation of this. Its not quite clear what you take him to mean, but I take him to mean that he is a fan who wants to enjoy Everton, which is what he could become again if he sold the club.

At the moment, he has stresses and responsibilities he doesn't want, and is pilloried and even hated by fellow Evertonians. He also seems aware that he is not the right man for the job, and so wants out, but is hamstrung by the fact that there is no other man for the job, as no-one else wants to take Everton on either.

Thus he is stuck in a position of massive responsibility that doesn't want, which is preventing him from enjoying and appreciating the football club he has always genuinely loved.
Chad Schofield
2   Posted 20/08/2011 at 09:22:31

Yes Mike, receiving plaudits for his running of the shoestring budgeted and ensuring that he is always on show on sunshine days... only to close off all communications or state "he's only the Chairman" and therefore shouldn't be expected to know take interest in some fairly fundamental things.

Bill is a fantastic ambassador in so many ways... but he is also an egotistical fantasist whose been acting (and has done for many years) like a child desperately clinging onto his train set. The Toffee Lady would have more clue - perhaps she could sell the club?

I agree with Trevor, it's a very dangerous mindset.
Gavin Ramejkis
3   Posted 20/08/2011 at 10:58:18

Hmmm

Best person (only person) to sell the club - after 12 years and counting of not finding a penny of new money I'd say fail

Keith Harris is helping - he brought the club the head of ICI and an enterpreneur who turned out to be someone in a one bedroomed flat in Manchester I'd say fail and get shut of Harris, if you were selling your house with an estate agent and the whole street sold with different estate agents a few times over I'd say common sense would be to go with another agent but no the wisdom of the man defies basic common sense

Mike if he doesn't want the responsibility he needs to give it up, he refuses point blank in one of very few straight answers he gave in te meeting - he is the best and only person to sell the club, he simply refuses letting anyone doing it - 12 years he has had to get himself out to "enjoy the club" he's not done a single thing to do so.
David Hallwood
4   Posted 20/08/2011 at 12:04:05

Slightly off piste: looking at the articles and mailbag selection there are no articles about football, it's practically become an economics forum, despite the fact that this is our first home game of the season. It is an indication of how worried all Evertonians are about the current situation-my advice, stay at home because I can't think of any other way i can protest at the running down of my club.
Simon Gilmovitch
5   Posted 20/08/2011 at 13:34:38

I thought he sounded pissed, but whatever he is on he is off his rocker thats for sure, I wish people would stop making excuses for the guy he is a fucking liability.
Andy Crooks
6   Posted 20/08/2011 at 14:21:03

Ideally a very rich fan fits the bill. Next, a very rich man with business acumen. Then, someone with a bit of money who knows what they are doing. Finally, someone with no money who has a plan and knows what they are doing.
After that, it's Bill Kenwright.
Ray Said
7   Posted 20/08/2011 at 14:21:29

Gavin (3) i totally agree, if he and his mates wants to get out of the club it easy to do .Put their shares up for sale at double the price they paid for them. This would net them a healthy return on investment and price the club at around 60 mill. At that price a buyer would be easy to find.
Alex Kociuba
8   Posted 20/08/2011 at 14:56:24

Ged.. http://www.toffeeweb.com/comment/live/
Jimmy Sorheim
9   Posted 20/08/2011 at 17:01:53

Jesus christ we are piss poor. I am so angry right now I could explode. The Qpr game we lost as suspected because of heitinga and Rodwell in midfield we have no spark whatsoever. I am sick and tired of Moyes shitty tactics and rubbish player pickings. I have had enough of his bull.
When will he ever learn, we lose against a new promoted side. I am gonna cry tonight. Never before have I felt this bad for Everton.
Lee Smith
10   Posted 20/08/2011 at 17:16:52

Quite simply, it is obvious that Kenwright really is the Son of God. Trevor Mackie, Colin Fitz', Gavin R et al, are shape shifting reptilians and part of the New World Order, trying to control our brains from the 5th dimension to be Anti Kenwright. And the sooner the official website publishes these facts and allows the national media to reveal this shocking truth the better.
Gavin Ramejkis
11   Posted 20/08/2011 at 21:23:04

Love it Lee, got to go must get back in my vivarium