Season 2011-12

The Smoking Gun?

76 Comments: First  |  Last

This document I received, shows that Kenwright has had offers from Man City's owners as well as Mittal and other billionaires.

I'm quite sure, if the document is real, it will signal the end of this board. This is or could be the smoking gun.

Alt_Text
I do think that when the truth outs, there will be a new era, owner and manager. If more people understand what has gone on at Goodison Park under Kenwright, there has to be a groundswell against him.

Robert Daniels, Liverpool     Posted 23/09/2011 at

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1   Posted 23/09/2011 at 14:47:52

So this looks to me like something from the Companies House website. That's what the layout looks like but it's a while since I was on there, and you have to know what to look for.

I never got to see Mergers and Aquisitions data before...

Perhaps someone can confirm this is really the source?

And what's with the blank entries ? the horse with no name!?

Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
2   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:06:08

Michael was away earlier this week when this was kicking around and consensus was more or less reached on other forums that this is fake. BCR Sports, for example, is listed as "England" despite being registered in the Virgin Islands and City's owners are from Dubai not Qatar.
Kevin Tully
3   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:07:21

Wow. Is this a wind up?
Harry Reynalds
4   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:31:33

It's fake. All a bit too convenient to be true.
Ryan Holroyd
5   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:32:29

It's a fake supposed to be from Experian, the credit check company.
Martin Graves
6   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:34:43

Its got to be fake, and The QIG bought Citeh in 2008 didnt they? Would be interesting to see though if such a record did exist, could it be published? And how?
Dave Roberts
7   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:39:05

This is just the brown stuff that comes out the back of a cow's husband....Oh yeah...bullshit I think they call it!
Neil Pickering
8   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:41:43

This must be a fake. I thought City were bought in Sept 08, so why would the same owners be interested in us? You cant have money in two clubs in the same league can you?

Load of poop this is!
Neil Pickering
9   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:44:06

M AND A DATA TARGET

APRIL 1ST 2011 O.BIN LADEN EVERTON F.C
ADDRESS UNKNOWN
Colin Wainwright
10   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:47:05

City were bought by sheiks from Abu Dhabi in Sept 09.

This Qatari mob were rumoured to be interested in buying United last year if memory serves me right.
Neil Pickering
11   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:51:26

Sorry Colin #10 it was Aug/Sept 08 they were bought out. I was in Florida on hols at the time. I remember they bought Robinho on deadline day.

What a holiday that was.........
Victor Chang
12   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:45:25

Is the "Abu Dhabi United Group" that bought citeh, the "Qatar Investment Group" Mentioned above? or do the people above think all Arabs are the same?
Neil Pickering
13   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:55:00

At Victor#12. Potato-Potaato mate. What matters is this is the biggest pile of poo since big Vic Anichebe, and is potentially damaging to the club.
Colin Wainwright
14   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:55:05

Aye, your spot on Neil.

Memory obviously doesn't serve me right.
Victor Chang
15   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:57:36

Neil, How is it potato-potaato mate? its 2 Completely different companies from 2 different regions.
Lori Fekete
16   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:59:55

Is this Ian Ross doing his Men in Black routine again?
Dave Roberts
17   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:59:59

Email it to the club (and the Echo) for comment. That should flush 'em out!
Neil Pickering
18   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:00:17

Colin #14. Don't worry about it mate. A lot of people are calling Kenwright and the club liars on here regarding investment/bids etc. and then someone goes and makes up a malicious document like that. Pot and kettle I say!

Oh, and I am not a Kenwirght apologist either before anyone asks! Have a bit of balance people...
Neil Pickering
19   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:03:55

#Victor 15. It's potato-potaato because its a made up document mate; designed to stir up trouble. Its the last thing we need with the games we have got coming up in the next month!
Colin Wainwright
20   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:06:20

How do you know for certain that it's a made up document Neil? Am I missing something obvious?
Liam Fogarty
21   Posted 23/09/2011 at 15:45:43

As tomorrow's trip the Etihad Stadium will confirm, Man City were bought by investors from Abu Dhabi, not Qatar.

The Qataris' alleged interest in Everton was reported in the Daily Mail in April 2009. The interest from Indian squillionaire Amil Ambani made the Daily Mirror in September 2008.

These dates tally with those posted on your correspondent's smartphone, as indeed do the entries for Lakshmi Mittal, BCR (Robert Earl), Paul Gregg and BK's True Blue Holdings. So this mergers & acquisitions data - if legit - would simply confirm what's been in the public domain for some time. And would an entry in this register be evidence of an actual offer-to-buy having been made?

Victor Chang
22   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:06:37

Sorry Neil ? not having a pop at you, mate... just stating that it's two different companies. Your potato-potaato statement suggests you believe it's the same one company that people are referring to by two different names and that QIG are the people that bought Citeh.

I agree with you that's its probably a load of potatoes mate, but that's not to say it definitely is.

Michael Mcloughlin
23   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:06:44

The question still remains. Who were the 3 possible investors 2 weeks ago. Not a mention since. I cant understand for the life of me that if Bill and Co have jad offers for the club Why would they not accept if their investment gets covered with a little bit of extra
Michael Mcloughlin
24   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:12:47

You would have also thought that if there was bids as above, wouldn't they have amounts there?
Neil Pickering
25   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:10:01

It's just uncanny for me that it has taken over 2 years for this document to come out (if its accurate that the last offer was made April 09 by Quatar group).

In light of all that's going on at the moment it's perfect timing; a bit too perfect IMO. I ain't a Kenwright fan, I don't think he has a clue about how to run a club properly, but I do think he is an Evertonian. So why would he knock back bids from 3 of the richest consortium's on the planet? Because it's a load of poo, that's why. Even if Kenwright wanted to knock them back, Earl and the other lot would have been rubbing their hands together if they really had come in for us, and would have forced Bill's hand.
Neil Pickering
26   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:23:06

I reckon the P on the far side of the M AND A section must be for price offered then! Any guesses at what they were whilst we are in make-believe land?

I will kick it off: BCR Sports = £898 million!
Dave Roberts
27   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:20:27

Spot on Neil. This is mischief-making. Perhaps if the OP could tell us exactly where he received it from? And if he won't, or doesn't, shut this thread down as it could be construed as libellous by somebody like Ian Ross who has probably seen it on Toffeeweb by now!

Shaun Brennan
28   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:27:01

You've only got 56% battery left on your iPhone.. Best plug it in!
Neil Pickering
29   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:26:45

Qatar Investment Office = £1.2 Billion

Bill still said no!
Chris Bannantyne
30   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:21:52

For sake of the argument, let's all assume this document is legitimate. Well, what does it mean?

It lists a number of companies that have previously been rumoured to have made enquiries - so it would confirm those rumours, but (from what I can tell) that's about it.

It doesn't show the figures of the offers made - or whether an actual offer was made at all.

It doesn't really show anything really.

So if legit it leaves a number of questions. Were any serious offers made? How much did they offer? Why weren't any bids accepted? What were the various groups plans for the club? Why did some groups lose interest? What deterred them from buying?

While these questions remain, and whilst the current board continue with their silence policy, I don't really see where this document can take us.

Am I not getting something?
Danny Burke
31   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:32:54

This needs proper authentication before people hop on a bandwagon that potentially has no wheels, hell not even a driver! If it is a false document, at best it is mischief making and worst I would guess libellous (as someone else mentioned above). I don't know the law on these things but Mr Kenrick I would cover my back if I were you.

If true however..............
Chris Matheson
32   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:48:59

I want Kenwright out, but that must be done by honest argument - there's enough evidence to damn him. But I am not sure about this. It smells too convenient to me.

Why do you have to report enquiries about sales to Companies House? Surely you only report actual deals done.
Gavin Ramejkis
33   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:46:16

Anyone can lookup M&A data against any business, the killer heading thats missing is M&A also lists rumours, these dont have the type heading so in terms of Mergers and Acquisitions data these could be nothing more than rumours. Releasing half a story or non-story doesn't do anything other than firm up the BK defence.

Here's an example http://zephyr2.bvdep.com/version-2011920/List.serv?context=3EFZ6FVR60G6Z99&_cid=3 anyone not taking time to actually read this would think old Thaksin Shinawatra and Anil Ambani had looked to buy the club, the key is both are rumoured M&A and clearly labelled as such

The OS is creaming itself running with this non story on it - http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussion/1647/bus-fake-ma-document.../p1, theres nothing quite like carefully handling a negative media bubble is there?
Paul Knox
34   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:18:42

The unnamed entries could be previous bids
Gerry Quinn
35   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:24:51

Which one is the 1 bedroomed flat bidder?
Chris Morris
36   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:31:53

BOLLOCKS
Michael Mcloughlin
37   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:28:57

Quite right Gerry Which one is the Inventor as well lol
Gavin Ramejkis
38   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:42:22

The well timed bunkum carefully draws away the obvious and more pertinent questions of what happened to the fictional three bidders that BK was adamant he was seeing the week of the protest. Misdirection and misinformation to divert the viewers from the sleight of hand in the background.
Michael Mcloughlin
39   Posted 23/09/2011 at 17:41:02

I would agree with the perosn who stated that htese are rumours and not actual offers. Would explain all the other missing data. I don't actually see the link from the originator.
John Audsley
40   Posted 23/09/2011 at 18:11:05

Yes, I'd love to know what happened to the 3 bidders BK was in discussion with a few weeks ago

I was so convinced that deal would be made as well...
Andy Crooks
41   Posted 23/09/2011 at 18:13:08

This document, if fake, is good news for Bill Kenwright. It shows him as a victim of misguided supporters. Bill has a strong pr team behind him and as Gavin says there is undoubtedly sleight of hand in the background.
Bill Kenwright is not the bumbling imbecile he appears. He is ruthless, self serving, untrustworthy and duplicitous . I believe there is a smoking gun out there. Unfortunately this doesn't look like it.
Robert Daniels
42   Posted 23/09/2011 at 18:38:14

I received this document a couple of days ago, i was unsure if it was real or not!

I have not claimed it is real, and at the same time, I won't dismiss it either.

Would like to know, when the exclusivity deal with Knowsley and Tescos ran out. Maybe Kenwright had to turn bids down.

If it is real, it shows to me that, people are interested in buying Everton, unlike what Bill said: "No one's buying football clubs." Also, there are no billionaires out there interested.

If we have had to turn down serious bids, from the likes of these people, because of the deal for DK, then he and the rest of the board should go straight away.

I have forwarded this on to other people who are connected with Everton, and am awaiting their response. When I have these, I will post them, good or bad.
Gary O'Flynn
43   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:08:42

This is the guy who started it all off
Karl Masters
44   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:05:54

This could quite probably originate from BK's cronies to stir up the opposition and then damn them as misguided fools who will believe anything.

Of course, there may be some truth in theses bids.

Guess we don't really know, but we could look at some indisputable facts:

No players purchased for cash in over 2 years.

Kings Dock fell through his fingers.

No AGM's

Fortress Sports Fund, NTL, Dan Gosling - just how 'unlucky' can you get?

Proven lies aplenty at Kirkby.

All Assets sold off, Debts at breaking point.

That Recent Interview with Blue Union.

I think there's plenty to be unhappy about anyway.

This little episode changes nothing if a Fake, If it's real, then......
Trevor Mackie
45   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:12:38

Elvis Presley just seen in Norris Green.
Dan Brierley
46   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:04:28

Gavin, where did you get this information that Kenwright was 'adamant' he was speaking to three potential parties about a takeover? I thought it came from the internet. Can you give a source? Or is it more bullshit?

We are continually told that Kenwright somehow controls the local media, how come the stories of the 'three wise bidders' wasn't printed in the Echo?

Suddenly since the emergence of the protest groups, we are treated to censored emails and phone screen shots of evidence that proves that billionaires have been rebuked for years. It starting to smack of the 'there ARE WMD's in Iraq' story eh?
Steve Ferns
47   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:46:50

That is not a Companies House document, nor any over legal document I have seen. For a start the margins are all wrong. I highly doubt it has any authenticity.
Gavin Ramejkis
48   Posted 23/09/2011 at 19:48:00

Chris Leyland
49   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:02:26

This could be a quadruple bluff by Blue Union for all we know. It could be a quintuple bluff by Ian Ross or more likely it is some one with photoshop or a scanner.

Anyway I'm off to meet Elvis on the grassy knoll. We are putting together a bid to buy out Kenwright. If it does succeed then we will be investing 200million in new players and building a new stadium on top of the Liver Building. If it doesn't come off then feel free to post on here that you know for a "fact" that Kenwright doesn't want to sell and knocked back a bid from the Blue suede shoe group
Chris Leyland
50   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:12:18

Gav - "the truth is out there" sounds like a case for Mullder and Scully to me
Sean McNally
51   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:09:58

Karl masters...43....

You cant blame bill for that.....
David Thomas
52   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:16:50

Absolute shite, end of.
Dan Brierley
53   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:14:41

Gav, I am surprised at your reply to be honest. I just asked you to back up your statement:

"what happened to the fictional three bidders that BK was adamant he was seeing the week of the protest."

When did BK suggest he was adamant at meeting anyone? Like I said, I thought it came from the internet and that BK had not made any comment on it. Is the 'adamant' part something you have added on yourself? Thanks for the clarification.

I fully understand that you want rid of the current board with a passion, I am under no illusion that you will never change your views on that. But re-reading your reponse, you are really in danger of sounding like some mad-man conspiracy theorist with too much time on his hands. Thats the first time I even heard that Kenwrights mother was at the match, what relevance does it have with anything? And whats this about Kenwrights face being 'timed' during matches? Are you actually counting how often he is shown?

If the club dismiss something in the press, you advise us 'how quick they are to defend their position, no smoke without fire, sounds like a cover up etc.'. If they dont comment, you suggest there must be something behind it! Anybody that voices an opinion on supporting the club has been 'wheeled out'. Even though the majority of them are from outside the club. Anybody that supports the BU is praised as 'the enlightened'. It sounds bonkers Gav, it really does.
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
54   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:50:27

Bugger.

Sorry Gavin, I just lost the text of your message #48... Damn program does it when I least expect it, and I'm screwed if I didn't copy the text. I don't suppose you kept a copy? Click back in your webpage history...

Alasdair Mackay
55   Posted 23/09/2011 at 20:54:27

I think this is fake, but assuming for a moment that it is genuine it still doesn't incriminate Kenwright for not actually having the club for sale.

There are no details as to the amounts that were bid and how far the process progressed in each case. For all we know The groups could have got a certain way down the line and then pulled out of the purchase for one reason or another.

It is interesting to note that there are no bids that post-date the rejection of Tescodome.
Peter Fearon
56   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:01:20

Whilst part of what is shown above may, in fact, be true, this document is clearly a forgery so don't be taken in.

Having spoken, to the owner of a Premier League club this evening, there are minor inaccuracies in the document, including the basic poor layout, hence the screen grab from an iPhone no doubt.

Surely incidents like this just undermine the message that the majority of Blues fans are trying to convey and that is that we need investment and quick....which makes me think this could be the work of the Dark Lord himself.....Ian Ross.
Chad Schofield
57   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:01:53

It's a pity Gavin's text went.

I thought it answered you fully Dan... I'm surprised at your response - well mildly anyway. You accuse Gavin of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, but you're increasingly relying on semantics to support your blind loyalty.

I agree with Gavin that the "smoking gun" seems more like a red herring. The fact that it's being paraded on the OS while as pointed out there was no denial of the interested parties during the club's shameless propaganda campaign in the build up to the march, perhaps concisely answers your question Dan.
Steve Cotton
58   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:07:56

Sean #51 says "Check your facts mate. The law was changed in 2007 that companies are NOT required to hold an AGM any more.

You cant blame bill for that....."

thats right Sean but the law doesnt say that AGM's should not take place, it was his decision to stop them because he was being asked questions that he didnt like!
He didnt have the intelect or acumen to handle tough questions so he took the easy way out..

sh*thouse tactics...........
Gavin Ramejkis
59   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:16:48

Dan the story of the three bidders was leaked to the press strangely just in time to coincide with the protest march. No one at the club came out to deny it. Do you not think that smacks of a little bit fishy given at the very same time the club wheeled out:

Tim Cahill to denounce the protest
Andy Gray to denounce the protest
BKappearing in one of the most self serving stomach churning gushing pile of woe is me utter bullshit by Martin Samuels in the Daily Mail
A sudden unexplained rise of previously unheard of fans appearing on multiple web boards claiming to wanting to speak for the "silent majority"
The appearance of BK's 92 year old mother on the very day of the protest march to deflect media attention from him and his sudden appearance on the screens - ask when his mother was last wheeled to the game and when his face was popped up during a game before - did anyone see it at any point during the cup match or during the Wigan game?

Coincidence? Do you genuinely believe a sudden concerted media barrage timed to a tee with the protest seeking media attention of its own isnt a form of dealing with negative media bubbles then I'd like to hear just why.

Regarding the M&A "smoking gun" I've posted already that this is bunkum and not a smoking gun so no claims from me that this is a stake to drive through Black Bill and questioned why this is even getting the same level of attention that supposed bidders haven't, if the club had been using the media for the best part of the week leading up to the protest and since then how come not a single one liner denying this story as nonsense?

Daniel the truth is out there and it isn't black and white, it also isn't as ridiulous as the pro BK lot claim to be debunked. When pertinent questions such as Earl's involvement via BCR and subsequent disappearance from the face of the club - who genuinely bought those shares? What is Green's involvement at Everton and more importantly how is BK beholden to him? What has been the final word on all of the previous mythical investors that BK has dangled during annual season ticket renewals - remember those FSF, Russian Billionaire, the US based Evertonian that actually denied it himself with no further mention by the club, these multiple interested parties that BK has spoken about in the BU interview which didnt amount to the same numbers he has previously told the press, the three the week of the protest that the club didnt ONCE deny despite the CEO, PR Director and Chairman, ex player and current player ALL speaking to the press either face to face or through releases.

Your statement regarding the local press needs a little clarity as you've either ostriched yourself or just nt read it. In Dave Prentice's first attempt at recent defence of BK through a poor article he responded to the many postings back at him after his editor asked him to respond, in his own words he admitted he is weary of writing anything that upsets the current incumbents as it earned him and his colleagues a ban from both Goodison and Finch Farm. Does that seriously sound like an independent media route?

But if you dont agree thats your perogative eh? Just dont try to belittle those who dont agree and can see past the bullshit.
Alex Kociuba
60   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:22:11

Niall Clinton
61   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:18:05

Can someone lend me a tenner? I want to buy Barcelona
Trevor Mackie
62   Posted 23/09/2011 at 21:32:01

Agree gavin, particularly the bit about the myriad of names that appeared on here in support of BK which have now mysteriously vanished.
Tony McNulty
63   Posted 23/09/2011 at 22:31:24

Nial - it was the Three Tenors that wanted to buy Barcelona not the one tenner. And come to think of it, the Three Bidders sounds more and more like the Three Stooges to me.
Tony McNulty
64   Posted 23/09/2011 at 22:40:15

Or (warming to his theme) the Three Little Pigs (with their porky pies)
Ray Roche
65   Posted 23/09/2011 at 23:23:18

AND it's been on Sky that Kenwrights phone was hacked by the Murdoch crew.
They had to top it up first,though.

I'll get me coat...
Eric Myles
66   Posted 24/09/2011 at 02:53:52

Karl #44, my thoughts exactly, it's a plant by the club PR machine.
Gary O'Flynn
67   Posted 24/09/2011 at 07:38:36

Eric #66 This is no plant, the lad who posted the picture of the report on twitter has now got cold feet and deleted his yfrog account which contained the picture and also tweets between him and Greg O'Keefe. I had a feeling he would do this so took screen shots of it before he closed it down
Gary O'Flynn
68   Posted 24/09/2011 at 07:55:53

Oh and just another quick update, he has now deleted his twitter account, (not before i took screen shots like),
John Audsley
69   Posted 24/09/2011 at 06:53:08

Gav 59

Nail on head on pretty much every aspect

The disappearing fans thing is certainly very telling and your right about BK's face being on the big screen at "certain" moments then disappearing when the heat is seemingly off

It all gives you a very bad taste in the mouth, like my 92 year old Gma's cake made with flora.............urghh
Chad Schofield
70   Posted 24/09/2011 at 08:20:39

Good work Gary. Have you put screen grabs up? Might be best not to post in this thread, but I'd be interested to see chad.schofield@live.co.uk

Cheers
Paul Gladwell
71   Posted 24/09/2011 at 09:11:08

Someone told me the reason they banned AGMs was because a very well known Evertonian gave Ian Ross a smack in the face in the toilets, has anyone else heard this?
Chad Schofield
72   Posted 24/09/2011 at 09:45:30

I wish everyone ever linked with the club no matter how obscure did, Paul. The thought of Bakayoko suplexing Mr. Ross before Andrea Corr rains the pain on him has cheered me up.
Gary O'Flynn
73   Posted 24/09/2011 at 10:32:40

Chad I am in work at the moment and they are on my pc at home... Will email you them later
Richard Porter
74   Posted 24/09/2011 at 10:45:43

Karl masters, #44: "No players purchased for cash in over 2 years."

This is something I've heard quite a few fans saying recently, there's even a website keeping track of the exact time down to seconds.

Problem is it's just not true. In the last two years we have signed magaye gueye, Joao silva and apostolos vellios for cash. Not much cash maybe, bit still cash. There are enough valid points in your post without just making things up
Kevin Sparke
75   Posted 24/09/2011 at 12:06:59

If this is a fake and it looks like it is - you guys at Toffeeweb are on pretty dodgy ground, from a legal perspective.

Hope you know what you're doing

Gavin Ramejkis
76   Posted 24/09/2011 at 20:35:23

Richard #73 I think to be fair the players you name were never seen as immediate first team players. Silva has never kicked a ball for the first team and has been shipped back out on loan; Gueye has been introduced after being hailed as a secret weapon but that appears to be due to lack of numbers; and Vellios again was bought for a nominal fee and originally seen as "one for the future" (whatever that means with a squad this small).

The debate about lack of player purchases appears to have always been about lack of players bought for the first team. Denis and Royston have very recently been brought in but the two are loans not purchases and in the last two years the club has shed/lost/sold far more than even these added together and claimed as first team players.