Season 2011-12

What do I watch at 1:30 today?

16 Comments: First  |  Last

Here I am, working for one month in the Philippines, life-long fan and season ticket holder. But cometh 1:30 (8:30 here), do I watch what I have loved for 40 years? or be entertained watching the Manchester derby? My heart says one thing and my head another. So which bar do I go to, the one full of Mancs (glory supporters) with atmosphere?

Or sit with a few depressed Evertonians...
Mike Hargreaves, Philippines     Posted 23/10/2011 at 02:25:20

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Paul Cullen
1   Posted 23/10/2011 at 07:37:19

To a certain extent I can understand the sentiment of your question as obviuosly it isn't great being a blue latelty.

However entertaining the football might be wouldn't it be more depressing watching the other game realising how far behind we are? Particularly if the Mancs in question are of the crowing and patronising variety. Perhaps the question should be should I watch Everton or do something else non Football? ( can't offer advice here as I have no idea what else you might do in The Philippines at 08.30 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!)
Kevin Hudson
2   Posted 23/10/2011 at 07:55:56

Run that past me again:

You're asking US if you should follow "what you have loved for 40 years," or watch The Mancs?

If you're EVEN asking the question in the first place, then I suggest you're half-way to becoming one of those "glory hunters," you reference.
Brian Hill
3   Posted 23/10/2011 at 08:06:21

If you support Everton, watch Everton. If not, what is the point of this submission?
Tom Hughes
4   Posted 23/10/2011 at 08:55:16

Put I this way.... if you were at home would you consider going to old trafford ahead of going to Goodison (or wherever we were playing)? Personally I would prefer to watch Everton in the simod cup than anyone else in ANY game and a manc derby would be way down my list in terms of TV viewing. I've also been to the philipines.... and it's certainly changed if you can't find better things to do in your time off!
Matt Traynor
5   Posted 23/10/2011 at 09:41:24

Paul (#1) It'll be 8.30 in the evening.

If he's in Manila, then watch Everton, and if we lose, then there'll be plenty of ladies to take your mind off it, and relieve you of a few pesos!
Paul Cullen
6   Posted 23/10/2011 at 09:45:38

Matt (5) - apologies re the am/pm thing, I never was great on Geography! ? although I guess the alternative pastimes you are refering to would be available 24/7!

Incidentally, just because my first post was polite dosen't mean I disgaree with the others. For me personally, if football is on TV and it's not Everton, I'm not interested ? unless of course it is Liverpool and they are losing
Trevor Mackie
7   Posted 23/10/2011 at 10:08:25

Let discretion be the better part of valour on this one, tell everyone you watched the shit clubs then watch the interesting game.
Domino Darkley
8   Posted 23/10/2011 at 10:58:36

I can't understand why you even pose the question, Mike.

Of course you will watch your own team.

How could you even concentrate on another game whilst EFC were playing at the same time?
Colin Malone
9   Posted 23/10/2011 at 11:10:30

Not a question I'd ask myself. Anything Everton would be priority.
Colin Malone
10   Posted 23/10/2011 at 11:15:12

If it was a Brett Angel highlights or watching Tommy Cooper (very funny man)?

It would be Brett Angel. Only because it would be more funnier.
Shane Corcoran
11   Posted 23/10/2011 at 12:26:23

It's a choice between watching the United derby on Sky or a shit streaming of the type of shite the Blues have been playing lately then it's the former for me. Cue the abuse. The head has ruled over the heart.
Gerry Quinn
12   Posted 23/10/2011 at 12:25:39

Mike, I once thought and acted like that before "THAT" Wimbledon match ? and then took it one step further and went outside to work in the garden when we went 2-0 down.

Do I still regret turning my back on the team and my fellow Evertonians? Yes.

Don't watch the Mancs ? think of all the plastic mutant fans who have jumped on their passing bandwagon ? we will impress today ... fingers crossed
Mike Hargreaves
13   Posted 23/10/2011 at 12:45:26

Well chaps, of course I am going to watch Everton, but the point I was making 'we are so boring to watch, we know the way we will play and its not very entertaining' so a few San Miguel Lights and a few pretty girls and maybe something to smile about. COYB
Mike Hargreaves
14   Posted 23/10/2011 at 12:52:14

Quite excited now, team news below

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Drenthe, Neville, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Vellios
Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Bilayletdinov, Stracqualursi, Saha, Coleman, Cahill
Chad Schofield
15   Posted 23/10/2011 at 12:55:40

Vitamin D.

Silly question, silly answer.
Mike Coates
16   Posted 24/10/2011 at 16:52:18

Here's how fracked FOXTEL in Australia is.

Posts that, EVERTON game starts at midnight. And the Manchester Derby is at 11:20pm.

In fact, both games started at the same time and only fortunate my mate messaged me to tell me.

I had no plans to watch the Manure game, even though originally I believed I coulda watched the first half. I was going to sleep until my alarm woke me for the Everton game. Blue all the way!

In the end, both games were at same time, I switched to viewers choice and watched EVERTON and it was a great game :)

FOXTEL on the other hand could have been ripped a new a-hole if I had missed it though, and I still question who is in charge of the scheduling on that blardy thing! :(