Season 2011-12

Missing a trick again?

48 Comments: First  |  Last

I've just read this article on the BBC website that says Spurs are looking for funding to redevelop White Hart Lane with the help of money from the Regional Growth Fund.

I had thought that funding for redevlopment was no longer available but it turns out I was wrong, as per the second web link... sadly, looking at the latter, the deadline for applications was today and I'd bet everything I have that the club Everton haven't bothered.

Before I get the usual responses saying just another article aimed at slagging off the board... well, yes it bloody well is given this was a pretty obvious avenue to investigate given the board's reluctance to dip its own hands into its pockets and seek a free meal and publicity.

Gavin Ramejkis, Upholland     Posted 01/07/2011 at 23:41:49

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Karl Meighan
1   Posted 02/07/2011 at 07:20:17

It looks like Talkshite and cronies have already made the decision that we move ground or be happy with a lick of paint and soundproofing in the Lower Bullens.

It's wrong as, even if they had applied and been knocked back, at least it puts the stadium issue back in the headlines. Let's face it, any posible buyers would instantly be put off by the ageing Old Lady.

I imagine most potential buyers of any club know they have to put money into other things and pay off debt but get stars in there eyes by dreaming of the players their money will help to buy.

Everything has gone cold on any stadium move so developing Goodison stage by stage should be given priority, it may even lead to the club looking like a good investment.

No money for players; no money for ground improvements? So I hope this was considered.
Chris Bannantyne
2   Posted 02/07/2011 at 08:17:26

For a club that is having so much stadium trouble, whether it be trying to relocate and build a new one, or try and redevelop Goodison, you would THINK that any and all avenues would be looked into and considered.

I don't see that we would ever find out if the board overlooked this avenue, but I don't hold much faith in them. With their history of mismanagement it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they overlooked such a scheme.
Richard Dodd
3   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:09:10

If money from this source was on a `matched funding` basis, I see no way the Club could apply. All the available cash is required to keep the Club afloat and `dining at the top table`. How long they will be able to do so is certainly debatable but I do think BK is doing a good job on `keeping the lid` on.

As suggested in another thread, much of the stadium problems are as a result of flawed decisions taken in the early 70s (Main Stand) and early 90s (Park End) when Everton was totally controlled by John Moores.

Shaun Sparke
4   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:10:22

I most certainly hope that Everton have not made any such bid for this type of funding. I hope that the Spurs bid is kicked straight back at them as any money given to a Premier League football club would be an abhorrent misuse of public money.

When a club can spend millions on players' transfer fees and ridiculous amounts on wages that the rest of us can only dream about, and then go cap in hand asking for public money to help fund the building/renovation of a new stadium, then something is incredibly wrong.

I hope that our much maligned board for whatever reason have stayed far away from even thinking about asking for funding in this way. Football needs to get its own house in order first before it starts asking for money from you and I to help build stadiums.

Al Reddish
5   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:22:05

Richard, wasn't Kenwright on the board in the 90s?
Kunal Desai
6   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:21:38

With no clear business plan or strategy in place, I would imagine this scenario has either been ignored or the board are simply no longer interested and have no cash to look at alternatives.

Every business has a mission statement. I have worked in the past for some small, medium, large businesses and they all have a mission statement, clearly outlining a visible 5- or 10-year business plan and working towards these goals whilst also updating its employees as to how they are doing and where they are in those timeframes. Just my experience. It may differ for others.

What is Everton's mission statement? We will run the club like a tuck shop??
Gavin Ramejkis
7   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:23:34

Shaun, you've missed the point of that funding which clearly states it's about regeneration of areas to provide jobs. The funding would need to be sought to provide additional facilities for the location, some lateral thinking could say, leisure facilities at the end of the stadium, accommodation, retail outlets. Whilst I agree that a private company shouldn't be looking for a handout purely for itself, this regeneration fund is to work with companies in a symbiotic relationship to create jobs.

Doddy, Moores resigned from the Everton board in 1977, he was on board when the Main Stand was redone but that was built to meet criteria at that time which hadn't changed much in a few decades. The Park End was done much later whilst other clubs were building with longer term capacity planning in mind and terracing was dead; your beloved BK was on the board then.
Declan O'Shaughnessy
8   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:11:24

I don't think I'm as cynical as you, Gavin! The problem, as I see it, with your stance is when you say "this was a pretty obvious avenue to investigate given the board's reluctance to dip its own hands into its pockets and seek a free meal and publicity". The RDF isn't a free meal at all ? it's intended as an enabling fund for developments that are pretty much already "green-lighted".

Successful bidders all have to have demonstrated how much funding they are putting in themselves, how much they've secured from the private sector etc. It's not free money for any old pipedream you happen to have.

So, in terms of securing RDF for redeveloping Goodison, here are the problems you'd run into:

(i) Everton Football Club is broke and can't contribute anything to the development (because it has nothing to sell off to raise funds);

(ii) The private sector isn't going to commit funds because it can't see a way to generate enough profit from the scheme ? our season ticket sales are already mortgaged and the site footprint isn't big enough to put an enabling development like a hotel or shopping centre in there;

(iii) The scheme would fail to provide secured jobs in any significant number in years to come (a handful of extra stewards and some extra programme sellers is not exactly going to slash the dole queues, is it?), again because it has no enabling development tacked onto it.

The RDF would have been perfect for something like Kirkby, and would have helped significantly reduce Everton's own contribution to the scheme. But, for a modest redevelopment of Goodison, I just don't see how you could have gotten a bid through the process.

I'm personally pretty sure that EFC did actually look at this and came to, or were given advice similar to, the conclusions I've outlined above. So, what you're asking is for Everton to waste money assembling a bid anyways, just so they can say "Hey, we're bidding!". And then when the bid fails, what happens? Let me guess... everybody starts writing articles about how inept the board is and they can't even prepare a bid properly.

I'd be amazed if Spurs got their bid through but, if they do, good luck to them ? they have the money to bring the scheme to fruition. We don't. But I tell you what: if the EFC board acted in the same knobby manner as Daniel Levy has around the whole Spurs stadium issue, I wouldn't be too bloody happy! But that's an issue for another day.

Gareth Humphreys
9   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:30:13

Richard, good god, you talk some shite ? but this one is a belter. John Moores wasn't on the board at any point after 1977.

The stadium issue is a result of successive failures by the board to do anything about it. That fuckwit Kenwright has been on that board since 1984 ? just about the same time we were dominating Europe and should have been improving the ground.

Shaun Sparke
10   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:33:08

Gavin, with the greatest of respect to you, I have not missed the point for that funding and fully understand what the bidding criteria was. Spurs can attempt to use smoke and mirrors and claim that if they receive funding then it will create more employment and help to regenerate the area. Really? How can they or any other club possibly justify this?

Granted, Joe?s Chippy may sell a few extra bags of chips every fortnight and the Queen?s Arms might pull a few extra pints... But are they really trying to say that they are in it regenerate the local community? NO, they want to get their hands on public money to help increase their own revenue so they can pay more of that in inflated wages to players.

It?s as simple as that. Football is a grubby business at the best of times and I stand by my statement that NO public money should be used to support it in this way. If Everton had applied for funding to build a sports centre for their own charity, Everton in the Community, then this would be a different matter.

Gavin Ramejkis
11   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:35:40

Declan ? what would you deem the failed development at the Park End recently? 9m retail outlet? If you take a moment to review the footprint of the land behind the Park End stand, you'll find it's quite some size and certainly large enough to build a considerable construction. The development on this "wasted" ground, to remove the gravel car park, Billy Smart's circus tent, and look for retail partners to build on it, for example retail or hotel, would have secured the cross-funding from the application.

Look at areas that have been redeveloped; they attract other businesses like a magnet creating a microcosm of businesses... maybe worded incorrectly but that's the plan Spurs are hoping for ? a stadium with various surrounding businesses to create a number of varied outlets all in one location.
John Otway
12   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:49:25

Richard Dodd. A cursory glance at the life of Sir John Moores will show you that he resigned from the board of directors in 1977. He had two operations in 1986 one of which was for an enlarged prostate and, apparently, never recovered full health. By 1988 he was wheelchair bound and began to lose his power of speech. He attended Everton games up until a few years before his death and died on 25th September 1993 aged 97.

I think that accusing Sir John Moores of being complicate in the Park End decision is besmirching the name of one of the greatest men that our City and our Club has ever seen.

Bill Kenwright was elected to the board of directors on 23rd October 1989
Gavin Ramejkis
13   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:48:19

Shaun, the club was willing to sell its soul to a supermarket for a scrap of poisoned ground in a backwater; the funding wouldn't be for matchday-related builds... it would be predominantly non-matchday in the same locale. The world isn't a perfect place and if you don't seize the opportunities that are there, or at least try, all you are left with is what-ifs. Tidying up the footprint of the ground with new developments cross-funded by money which either way is going to be spent, well, why not apply? I live nowhere near the ground but haven't a problem with it being redeveloped.

Our taxpayer money is still supporting the banking system, it's already back to the old bonus schemes, 2% of the UK's GDP is ringfenced for foreign aid to countries like Somalia (pirate land)', Pakistan (able to develop its own nuclear weapons) and China (fastest growing economy in the world) to the tune of billions of tax payers money. I've had a gutful of morality and being left behind.
Shaun Sparke
14   Posted 02/07/2011 at 09:54:47

John, with regards to Sir John Moores would you know of any figures that are available for how much of his own personal wealth he gave to Everton Football Club? I am aware that he loaned the club considerable amounts of money but I am not sure if he actually donated any money to the club. I am sure that there is someone out there who can answer this question.
Shaun Sparke
15   Posted 02/07/2011 at 10:00:32

Point take, Gavin, and I am not suggesting that football is the only dirty business out there. I am just not comfortable with any of mine or indeed your money helping Spurs to become bigger than they are already.
Gavin Ramejkis
16   Posted 02/07/2011 at 11:00:47

Fair play Shaun, I know some bugger somewhere will though so not not our own club?

An interesting question about the money loaned to the club too, not sure if that was ever answered but can't have been crippling as our debts have only seriously mounted during the Premier League days.
Fran Mitchell
17   Posted 02/07/2011 at 12:23:11

Shaun, #4 & #10 ? well fucking said.

Hospitals being sold off, public workers being made to look like demons for caring about their and their colleagues' future, rich looking after rich.

Private companies always say they are hoping to help the wider community. But it is pure bollocks. They want to turn a profit.

We get told of the need to privatise the whole fucking country, becasue it costs too much money. Then it gets privatised aad it costs the taxpayer the same, but with some rich twat making a profit too and thqt leaves us, the mugs to accept it, paying more.

All for the good of the wider community, of course.
Richard Dodd
18   Posted 02/07/2011 at 13:10:03

Gavram, I bow to your superior knowledge of Everton`s ancient history but I do know from aged Littlewoods employees that that organization ? even if not Moores himself ? allowed no decisions to be made other than by them, right up until the time the family`s shareholding was disposed of. Yes, BK became a shareholder during their reign but he was a token shareholder and director who had little no say in the club`s affairs until he assumed the Chairmanship.
Al Reddish
19   Posted 02/07/2011 at 13:48:25

Now he is just a token tit!
John Audsley
20   Posted 02/07/2011 at 14:03:12

Or a token twat... take yer pick.
Ryan Holroyd
21   Posted 02/07/2011 at 15:26:22

Richard

That's the problem with people like you and Bill Kenwright. It's always someone else's fault.

From Kenwright all we've had is fuck-up after fuck-up after fuck-up. If it was not for David Moyes, we could be playing Championship Football.

Kings Dock, NTL, Fortress Sports Fund, Kirkby... The man is useless as Everton Chairman.

Rebuilding Goodison is not an option because there would be no profit in it for the current owners of EFC. What Everton want is for some company to subsidise the stadium and to attach the 'New Goodison' to a retail park.
Richard Dodd
22   Posted 02/07/2011 at 16:56:23

The level of debate reaches new lows!!!!!
David O'Keefe
23   Posted 02/07/2011 at 18:01:30

Gavin, that ship has long since sailed. The Kings Dock contribution from the club was 30 million for a project costing 150-200 million.
John Audsley
24   Posted 02/07/2011 at 18:42:03

No debate needed, Doddy... unless you can prove otherwise?????

I get the feeling yo u'd back BB even if he took us down!

The fact that he and the board put practically nothing into the club year after year is shameful, aside from remortgaging or adding mortgages to our already unstable business model.

Moyes must feel that he is running up a down escalator... and the escalator is speeding up.

But please prove me wrong.
Peter Warren
25   Posted 02/07/2011 at 20:48:09

Richard ? you say flawed decisions in 70s... perhaps, but I don't remember many clubs developing at this stage. In the 90s, lots did but we've been left behind.

I realise this is going over old ground, but Kenright fucked up big time over Kings Dock, that was the deal of the century and he was in charge. Then he had us moving to Kirkby to a 60,000 then 50,000 stadium, ooh only choice ? but I've got the Fortress Sports Fund... give us a break. Kenwright keeping a lid on what has he done. He sold rooney ? hottest property in world ? do you want me to give credit for that? He then sold Lescott- stupid Manchester City, I give him no credit for that.

The only thing you could perhaps give him credit for is Moyes but don't be preaching to me he is an amazing chairman; even if you don't think he is a bad chairman, I can't see how you can conclude he is good.
Tony McNulty
26   Posted 02/07/2011 at 21:29:41

Yet again the Board seem to be left wanting. This thread effectively started as a challenge to anyone to provide evidence of our board's imagination and/or ability to provide funding to the manager so that we can keep pace.

Is anyone able to provide any evidence at all? On the basis of recent performance the words which come to mind are chocolate and teapot.

Can anyone think of anything to refute this view?
Shaun Sparke
27   Posted 02/07/2011 at 23:35:06

John, I am playing Devil's Advocate here, but we finished seventh in the Premier League last year last season which is probably the toughest league in the world. If we had been relegated then the chairman would be running from a lynch mob. So it stands to reason that he must take credit for the elevated seventh position... (cough cough)
Shaun Sparke
28   Posted 02/07/2011 at 23:40:11

Sorry, I meant to say Tony, not John. Too many Glenmorangies I fear.
John Otway
29   Posted 03/07/2011 at 09:29:02

Shaun #14. I truly do not know the answer to your question although it was strongly rumoured that Sir John Moores personally wrote the cheque for 42,000 that brought the Golden Vision, Alex Young, down from Hearts in November 1960. This may of course be purely apocryphal, rather like the drivel about the great man having control of the club in the 1990s!
Tony McNulty
30   Posted 03/07/2011 at 09:28:20

Shaun,

Unlike many on here, I think Moyes has done a pretty good job (transfers overall, motivation of some players etc.), although there have been some errors, and, having been schooled on Alex Young etc., I don't like the way we play much of the time. Bill has kept us going when we might have fallen, although the errors he has made have been well catalogued on here.

My problem now is that the birds in the trees have known for many years that the Premier League world has been changing, and the response of our Board has been rock all. It is the continuing failures of the last few years which bug me.
Steve Jones
31   Posted 03/07/2011 at 11:12:40

Gavin,

China gets money off us as a bung to encourage them buying top-end stuff off us... like the billions worth of satellites they've just signed on for. India the same.... 'Here's a few hundred mil to help out your poor... now what colour would you like your Hawk and Typhoon jets painted?'

Pakistan is a basket case with nukes... if you can't see the benefit, to us, of keeping young male Pakistanis out of the madrassas and in proper education, you need to look around more often. Somalia the same... we fix piracy by fixing Somalia... we also sort out a big illegal immigrant problem that will get worse before it gets better. Stuff all to do with morality in the foreign aid budget... enlightened self-interest for the most part.

Huge irony that a bloke who's criticism of the Everton board for their lack of early planning and direction is so clear is equally critical of the Govt for doing just that!.
David O'Keefe
32   Posted 03/07/2011 at 12:25:32

Shaun: When you have proof that Kenwright picks the team, trains the team and picks the transfer targets, I will happily agree with you.

Conflating Moyes's "achievements" with Bill Kenwright's "achievements" is getting rather tiresome. The manager runs the team and the chairman runs the business. Based on their performances in their respective areas, Moyes trumps Kenwright; but shouldn't be used to get him off the hook for his many failures.

Shaun, Bill Kenwright's record of failure is impossible to match, he's a liability.

Gavin Ramejkis
33   Posted 03/07/2011 at 14:37:06

Steve, oddly you use the same baseless arguments about foreign aid that two tory MPs used on the Jeremy Vine show claiming that funding Pakistan would stop fundamentalists in the UK, erm it never has and remind me again where Bin Laden was located? Those millions did a great good didn't they, Pakistan has recently bought several nuclear submarines from China so I'd guess the round robin of our tax payer's money is doing double the good then? How much of that 2%GDP would have secured jobs in the UK with it's benefit of fiscal retention; butcher baker and candlestick maker syndrome, you cut a big employer and all those smaller industries reliant on them go under too, retain those jobs and you'll retain tax payers paying towards the GDP and little things like education, social services, bin men, the MoD, Police, Fire, Ambulance, NHS, etc.

Do you have an ounce of proof that any of the 700-800k per year spent on Somalia has stemmed their piracy problem which has actually increased over the last five to ten years? Again Steve empty hollow words of a government trying to garner nothing more than trade agreements under the lies of stopping terrorism or humanitarian aid.

Irony is someone clearly backing a government that is trying to change people's working terms and conditions yet still backing the corrupt UK banking system and making massive austerity changes and creating unemployment in the UK despite not one voter in the UK voting for them. Or how about letting universities charge whatever they like and being surprised when they all go for the highest charge they can impose and making schools into academies that can effectively chose who they teach, smacks somewhat of effectively pricing the poor and working classes out of education a nice legacy they'll be able to reap the benefits of for the next decade or so.

David O'Keefe
34   Posted 03/07/2011 at 17:18:40

Gavin: Keep it to Everton/football ffs unless we're signing a Somali pirate to replace a first team player.
Richard Dodd
35   Posted 03/07/2011 at 18:42:17

........and it`s all Kenwright`s fault!
Phil Bellis
36   Posted 03/07/2011 at 19:04:28

RicDo
I find your lack of respect for and understanding of "Everton`s ancient history" shameful; and it's not the first time your puerile ripostes have been disparaging of our history and those that know and value it.

You, to me, display the worst aspects of the post-Sky generation; indeed you are the Everton equivalent of the kopites who, when put on the spot, can only reply "Phil Taylor/2nd Division/The Split (...etc) were before my time."

Shaun Sparke
37   Posted 03/07/2011 at 20:32:05

David, my point about Kenwright taking the credit for us finishing 7th was said with a tongue planted firmly in my cheek. Hence the 'cough, cough' at the end.
Sean McCarthy
38   Posted 04/07/2011 at 02:15:17

Gavin, you're turning into the pub bore with your know-it-all self-righteous ramblings about Third World backhanders and somehow equating this to a debate (I use that term loosely) about Everton's lack of financial muscle... Give it up man!!
James Flynn
39   Posted 04/07/2011 at 03:40:22

The other side of this is that the City of Liverpool can't have England's very first pro club go away. Won't happen.

So what are we talking about?
Steve Jones
40   Posted 04/07/2011 at 10:48:56

Sorry guys going to respond to Gavin so if you aren't happy with that debate please look away now. Mods if you feel the need to delete this so be it.

Gavin. No instant gratification so its not worth doing that it?. Same thing as with the club....no instant silverware so do one until we find a board/manager who can buy us a trophy?. You ever considered supporting Manchester City?.

2% GDP in a horses arse!. Its a few hundred million here and there. Put this into context mate and, according to the Guardian - paragon of socialist virtue, there was at least 10 billion in means tested benefits and 4 billion in tax credits left UNCLAIMED sloshing around the social security budget. Get that?. Handouts to the dole scrounging arseholes in this country, that they cant even be bothered to claim, FAR exceed the entire overseas aid budget. We cut the real wastage in the system and we can afford all the binmen and nurses you bloody well like.

The big money that goes overseas now is to India and, like I said, has nothing to do with generosity or morality. Its advertising for UK PLC. The Pakistan thing has just been ramped up to 600mn because the sub 100mn we were sending wasnt achieving anything....the new money is backloaded so they only get the biggest wedge when they show results....otherwise they get left to dangle. Presumably such means testing would meet with your approval?.

Somalia is a few tens of millions and you have to be pretty small-minded to think that, in terms of national service provision, that amount will make ANY difference whatsoever to the plight of starving binmen in the UK. It will contribute to putting Somalia's house in order though which is the only way to sort that problem out....not that its an overnight fix.

Peter Laing
41   Posted 04/07/2011 at 11:36:31

Guys, I am equally concerned regarding the world's problems, new world order, global economic crisis etc etc... However, I come to ToffeeWeb looking for a little light relief / distraction and to check on the usual abysmal current state of affairs at Everton. Let's agree to disagree and keep to the ethos of the website!
Daniel A Johnson
42   Posted 04/07/2011 at 12:19:22

I remember an Interview with Bill Kenwright after our 1995 FA cup final win,

He was doing his usual,

best club in the world,
manager is a genius,
Money available to spend next season
Pushing on to beat the best........

Blah blah blah blah

Billy Bullshit...............nice bloke n all that. But in prem league chairman terms he shops at Netto and drives a Ford Escort
Richard Dodd
43   Posted 04/07/2011 at 18:15:02

Most of this thread`s posters would have sold out to Carlton Yeung or the Venkys ? even Ray Ranson who `looked at us` before he established Coventry City as perennial Championship survivors!

All hail the glorious past ? but IT IS ancient history and has no relevance to today`s Premier League in which only under Kenwright/Moyes have we become established as a top half club.

Given the ability of the clubs above us to borrow money without limit, I see no way of us ever challenging for honours without finding similarly rich owners. In the meantime, BK/DM keeps us snapping at the Super Sixes heels!

Al Reddish
44   Posted 04/07/2011 at 18:41:02

Richard, I agree that Bill has stabilised the club and I believe he FEELS he has Everton's best interests at heart. He is a good supporter of the club, but sadly a poor chairman.

I would rather keep him than have some fly-by-night foreigner come in and rape us but he cant' be absolved from some, if not all, blame for the dire straits we find ourselves in.

His lack of foresight is his downfall and, whether you like it or not, he was a major part of the board when the Premier League took off, and failed to see just how big that, and then the Champions League, would become.

He should have done something with the stadium then before it got too late. It's fucked now and there is nothing he can do about it except sell up, and by that I mean sell up and piss off, as he has sold everything we own. All the money we now get is paying something else off and not going to strenghthen the team. He has to realise that people pay money to watch the team play, and if the team is being stifled then people won't cough up the cash.

Another thing he should do is cut out the bullshit. No-one, including yourself, has managed to fully explain his 'WOWS', WATCH THIS SPACE', NTL', 'MONEY IN THE BANK IN THE MORNING etc. The man is a bullshitting drama queen that is in well above his head and running a potentially massive club that needs urgent new leadership.

Richard Dodd
45   Posted 04/07/2011 at 20:33:02

So just who are you proposing should take up this poison chalise as so many on here feel our club has become?

Kenwright walking out might well please you but it might well spell the end for Everton FC. Personally,nI feel he is doing a good job and even if ? and it`s a big if ? we`re at death`s door, his demise would see the sharks move in for the kill.

It`s been said before, I know, but be careful what you hope for!

Simon Harris
46   Posted 04/07/2011 at 21:05:54

With life expectancy in the UK increasing and many of us being forced to carry on working well beyond our planned retirement age, maybe Bill will also be able to keep on going as chairman. Just imagine, really imagine another 30 years of his treading water-stewardship. Like I always say: be careful what you wish for...

Gavin, great comments ? keep 'em coming!
Al Reddish
47   Posted 04/07/2011 at 21:17:10

I have no-one in mind and I agree it is a poisoned chalice... but one with so much potential. I was a massive Kenwright supporter and have been ridiculed many times on this very site for backing him. The thing is, I just can't do that anymore.

I bring my kids up to be honest and I feel I have done a bloody good job so far. So how can I be on the moral high ground with my children whilst cheering on a bloke that has told so many lies? I really wish he was the perfect man for the job but his lack of business nouse and forward thinking are holding us back, if not slowly killing us.
ps: I do agree with your constant praise of our manager though, despite often getting frustrated with his obvious faults!

Karl Meighan
48   Posted 05/07/2011 at 09:27:45

Richard@43, Yeungs Brum won a cup; the Venkys' Blackburn are still a Premier League club, so considering they have only just arrived at their clubs, they really haven't had any time to be considered failures or success stories.

I would imagine both will invest more on players than the previous owners which is all most fans of Everton would want.

Giving credit to Kenwright for what Moyes has achieved on the pitch is wrong imo. I accept Kenwright has not got the money but surely there are other ways to show the fans rather than hollow words that the club is making strides in progressing. The training ground was a big chance but got hardly any publicity and had nothing ground breaking.

Every effort should go towards making Everton a club that kids all around Europe should want and come and train with, we just offer the same structure that all other Premier League clubs do. Better to try and fail than do nothing and fall further and further behind.