Season 2011-12

Moyes One - Moyes Nil... and Anfield wins

31 Comments: First  |  Last

Kenny Moyes, brother of David, has facilitated the Charlie Adam moveto Liverpool.

• Everton were interested in Adam ? fact. Agreed terms ? fact.
One of two things happened; either EFC's boss Davie Moyes was used by Kenny to smoke out the Reds... or Kenny wanted to get Adams for his little Brother and we couldn't find the money (which is of course true).

Conclusion? We've been used or we're gradually losing David Moyes by not having the resources to back his ambition...

Ged Alexander, London     Posted 06/07/2011 at 21:41:53

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Iain Love
1   Posted 06/07/2011 at 23:43:11

I didn't know we where interested in Adams ? fact and agreed terms (ie wages) when Adams knew he'd get twice whatever we offered at Liverpool.

I think he was a big fish in a small pond and ain't that great; decent... but that's about it. I'd rather have Osman in the centre.

Dick Fearon
2   Posted 06/07/2011 at 23:57:46

Now that's a thought... how much could we expect for Leon? Would any top-half-of-the-table clubs be interested? Could a bidding war break out?

Perhaps he could borrow Johnny's bike and go pedaling off to Barca.

Andy Crooks
3   Posted 07/07/2011 at 00:18:51

Adams is overweight, fact. He's over-rated, fact. This time next year, his signing will be a laughing stock. Not fact yet, but one can hope.
Andrew Bott
4   Posted 07/07/2011 at 00:27:53

This could be backed up with Tim Cahill on Adams's twitter stating 'he should be here' (i.e in Austria at Everton's training camp) and also Neville commenting on how his pre-season is going, or is it just all coincidental that it happened on the day his transfer to Liverpool was announced.
Sean McCarthy
5   Posted 07/07/2011 at 00:25:52

They're welcome to him. We seemingly have little or no money to spend which means anything we may have has to be used wisely. That would mean passing on the likes of Charlie Adams who no doubt has been bought for over the odds. In which case they have been ripped off 3 times in 6 months as Carroll is no more worth 35m as Henderson is worth 19m. And neither is Downing. The deluded kopites will all be talking about winning the Prem. Dream on!!
Jay Harris
6   Posted 07/07/2011 at 03:35:15

The only thing is Sean.

They've got a much better chance than us of winning the Prem!!
James Brand
7   Posted 07/07/2011 at 07:28:55

There's no denying the lad has lovely technique but he just isn't fit enough...sounds like a lot of money to me!
David Thomas
8   Posted 07/07/2011 at 09:42:40

Ged,

Care to tell us how you know for a fact that Everton were interested and had agreed terms?

There does not seem to have been any news of our interest this summer in the paers / T.V. etc. I presume you must have a source at everton / blackpool or know the player or agent themselves.

Care to share?
Erik Dols
9   Posted 07/07/2011 at 09:55:31

Charlie Adam is not a player that I get excited about - fact.

I think it is quite annoying to state rumours as facts - fact.
Dan McKie
10   Posted 07/07/2011 at 10:01:48

I wish people would stop calling him 'Adams'! It's Adam!!

I think he would have been quality for us, playing in a 3 man midfield with Arteta & Fellaini, but for some reason im not so sure what his parnership with Stevie Me will be like. Cant see Gerrard letting anybody else take corners, free kicks or score goals whilst he is on the pitch. Only he gets to point at his name with both thumbs around there!
Adam Fenlon
11   Posted 07/07/2011 at 10:21:47

Someone needs a fact checker methinks.
Mike Rourke
12   Posted 07/07/2011 at 10:30:43

All these facts remind me of a rotund Spanish loon.
James Martin
13   Posted 07/07/2011 at 10:39:09

I'd be worried if we did get Adam, not because he's a bad player, but because, with money as tight as it is, we can't really spend on areas of the team that are strong already. Why get another centre-mid when we don't have any wide men, no cover at full back and gaping holes in the strike force?
Craig Taylor
14   Posted 07/07/2011 at 10:42:22

Do not see how you can state these as facts.

What is a fact is that Adam was a player that struggled in the SCOTTISH Prem.

What is a fact is that he has had one good season in the Prem for a team that was full of average players. How many times do you see a player shine for a newly promoted team, that gets relegated. Then the player never performs the same again?

Fact, Adam is no better than Osman.

FACT we are not going to sign any one unless 1) its is on a free, 2) is on loan or 3) we sell some players for decent money such as Baines. Which I for one do not want to happen (not for someone like Adam to come in anyway).
Shaun Brennan
15   Posted 07/07/2011 at 11:29:28

These facts will never be asked on University challenge.
Danny Broderick
16   Posted 07/07/2011 at 12:38:13

I'm gutted we haven't managed to have a go for him. I hoped the fact that Moyes brother was his agent would have given us a slight advantage. Instead I am now reflecting on another season of Arteta taking the set pieces!
Gavin Ramejkis
17   Posted 07/07/2011 at 12:49:14

Adams had a reasonable not great season at Blackpool, when I watched him at Rangers he was absolute gash and not missed when he left.
Mike Allison
18   Posted 07/07/2011 at 12:52:33

I definitely disagree with Andy Crooks on his definition of the word 'fact'. However, I generally agree with his opinion of Charlie Adam. They can have him, especially for whatever that transfer fee and his wages will be.
Tony McNulty
19   Posted 07/07/2011 at 12:54:51

A fat journeyman right up the Shite's Strassa. A cardboard cut out in the physique of the Fat Spanish Waiter.

Seriously lads, if we had any money would you want it to be spent on him when you consider what else might be available?

The Shite as usual are disapppearing up their own fundament.
Ged Alexander
20   Posted 07/07/2011 at 13:37:36

Dave, I am a little connected to one or two agents - and they have never led me astray. Check out my posts...I never divulge anything that does not then happen. I am prudent to what I release - and it is a fact that a deal was in place for Adam. However, one of the same agents also said that his weight problem was an issue and I agree that he may not have been the greatest buy of the summer; but I'd rather have him than Bily, sadly.
Dan McKie
21   Posted 07/07/2011 at 13:50:50

Why would a deal be in place though knowing we wouldnt have the cash? Unless the 'deal' was Blackpool saying 'come up with 'x' amount and you can have him', and we couldnt.
Brian Waring
22   Posted 07/07/2011 at 15:38:23

It's funny, Adam has a very good season, gets all the plaudits off the media, ex-pros, but is slated here.

Now, Fellaini shows the odd glimpse here and there when he's not actually injured, and 'World class', 'top quality', 'Would fit right into the Barca team' ... get rolled out. Don't figure.
Sam Hoare
23   Posted 07/07/2011 at 16:07:16

Would have liked to see him here but I don't see how he's going to fit in with the RS with Gerrard, Meirles, Henderson, Spearing, Lucas etc.

He's no better than any of them. Except Lucas maybe...
David Holroyd
24   Posted 07/07/2011 at 16:40:12

Adam may not be worth what Liverpool paid for him but he would of fit into our team. We will be with the dead men by the end of the season ? just missing out being relegated.
James Stewart
25   Posted 07/07/2011 at 19:29:54

Very surprised Liverpool went for him. Slow, can't defend or tackle and is only on the pitch for his free kicks and corners which are excellent one must admit.

Would have been a waste of money for us. Not the player who we need at all. We need WIDTH!!!!
James Brand
26   Posted 07/07/2011 at 19:59:40

Charlie Adam had a great season!?? No he didn't! He had a great START to the season but I seem to remember it all going a bit Pete Tong after New Year (and only managed to get it together on the final day at Man Utd when they were as good as gone anyway).

I said before... great technique, but slow and lacks fitness. I do just LOVE watching Liverpool waste money!!!

Gary Carter
27   Posted 07/07/2011 at 20:28:21

Absolutely no shred of evidence to back up your "facts" ..... errrr FACT !
Ged Alexander
28   Posted 07/07/2011 at 20:32:20

Gary, so what am I going to do? Show you the emails?
David Hallwood
29   Posted 07/07/2011 at 20:40:04

Charlie Adam, Blackpool midfielder recently transfered to the RS. This is an Everton website. What's the connection? Answers on a postcard
Don Kiddick
30   Posted 07/07/2011 at 14:27:49

No 19: Mr Alexander... don't tell lies... you are not connected to agents at all.
Andy Callan
31   Posted 08/07/2011 at 17:45:19

Two things spring to mind here:

Adam isn't that good and why the fuck would he want to come to Goodison over that shower?

They'll pay more, give him more opportunities and better media coverage (for sponsorship).

Get real ? looks like he did.