Season 2011-12

New Strac Song

108 Comments: First  |  Last

I went to the match last week against Villa and the atmosphere in the Gwladys St was the best for a long time so I thought I'd do my best to see if we can build on this.

I started simply with the chorus which would be a good chant for Denis when he starts banging them in... It ended up a bit more than that.

As we don't have many songs, this is one to break up the tedium of "Everton, Everton, Everton" and "Kopites are Gobshites." I know there's others but we do need more variety.

There was a small group of people trying the Fellaini one which I'd like to see more people get behind too. Marouane should have his own song in my opinion anyway.

We used to sing songs with lots of our players' names in to celebrate them. Why not do it again with this team? They deserve it.

I'll probably get laughed out of town by some of the cynics on here but I don't care if I'm honest. I'm just trying to give us a song that's ours. (Hopefully no-one else uses this one anyway.) I feel this is one that will be great to sing in a crowd and go mad too. Could be a possible anthem if everyone was to try it a few times and pass it on.....

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it, Love it if someone started singing this on Saturday! Even in all likelihood that it will only be the chorus if and when he scores!

To the tune of I predict a Riot....

We love Jack, Barkley, Fellaini, Gueye, Coleman and Bainsey, They are our future I tell thee. So please don't go leave us like Rooney,

Howard, Jags, Drenthe and Ossie, Distin, Nev, Louis and Timmy, Kopites are gobshites I tell thee and we love Stracqualursi

Lar-lah-ah, lala la la la la la la Ah-ah-ah, la la lalala la la la

Denis Stracqualursi, Denis Stracqualursi Denis Stracqualursi, Denis Stracqualursi

Bet you can't get the chorus out of your head! I can't stop humming it! Denis Stracqualursi, Denis Stracqualursi. Let's hope he's as good as his YouTube videos look and we're singing this song home and away when he scores!

Nick  Edwards, Lydiate     Posted 13/09/2011 at 00:09:58

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Kevin Hudson
1   Posted 13/09/2011 at 06:17:43

Wool..
Jimmy Sorheim
2   Posted 13/09/2011 at 07:33:25

It should contain some spanish words, or whatever kind of language he speaks so that he can identify with it. Plus it needs to be fairly short and to the point or else you lose interest..
Anthony Hughes
3   Posted 13/09/2011 at 07:56:16

Nick, you have far too much time on your hands mate.
Shane Corcoran
4   Posted 13/09/2011 at 08:14:29

Cut out the verse and just go with the chorus and you have a chance.............of topping the charts at christmas. Doesn't take much
Shaun Brennan
5   Posted 13/09/2011 at 08:24:24

Too much effort for me.
Shaun Brennan
6   Posted 13/09/2011 at 08:27:54

Or how about something with a Argy link to it? Evita

Don't cry for me Stracqualursi....
Derek Turnbull
7   Posted 13/09/2011 at 08:40:10

Swing low, Stracqualursi
Come forth and score us a goal.
Dan Patterson
8   Posted 13/09/2011 at 08:41:48

Feed the Strack and he will score!! Simples.
David Price
9   Posted 13/09/2011 at 09:06:25

Dan, #8, lazy but brilliant. Learn from this Nick, B+ for effort though...
Kevin Hudson
10   Posted 13/09/2011 at 09:27:42

Might as well bring "foam fingers," to Goodison if this gets sung.
Peter Bourke
11   Posted 13/09/2011 at 09:42:39

Not very familiar with the tune..."I predict a riot". Am I the only person who doesn't know the tune? Probably showing my age. It obviously wasn't a hit.
John Daley
12   Posted 13/09/2011 at 09:49:36

Mate, you make Peter Andre look like a lyrical powerhouse.

I've seen a two year old compose a more catchy tune whilst simultaneously cracking himself over the head with a rattle.

It can't be that hard can it? Fuck it, let's have a go.

I suggest a jaunty little number sung to the tune of that shite old 'Shake & Vac' tv ad:

"The girls fear Denis Straq, because he looks like that. Denis Straq, were your parents closely related? Is that why you look like that?"
Phil Bellis
13   Posted 13/09/2011 at 10:11:04

Could you sing "I Predict A Riot", please
I've never heard of it
Is it by one of them shouty modern groups you hear all the time on karaoke like Your Socks Are On Fire, You Make Me Feel Like A Nun etc?
David S Shaw
14   Posted 13/09/2011 at 10:23:34

Phil Bellis, you may know of this, did we used to have a song to Little Arrows?
Antony Matthews
15   Posted 13/09/2011 at 10:44:57

Hows about :
Tevez, weve got a massive Tevez, his name is fucking Denis, weve got a massive Tevez (sung to blue moon)
Phil Bellis
16   Posted 13/09/2011 at 10:42:28

Can't recall that one David and it was out in late 68 when I was then home and away
Don't recall all that much about the late 60s to be honest - all a bit of a haze, apart from wonderful memories of a great Everton side that won buggar all from 66 to 70 but, bloody hell, what a joy to watch
The king of makin' `em up in the Street End was Big Freddie Armstrong; he would take whatever was catchy in the charts and Evertonise it

David S Shaw
17   Posted 13/09/2011 at 10:57:02

I spoke to him a couple times recently actually Phil, but I think he was too modest to say what ones he done himself! He done the Everton Celtic ones as well I believe. Don't know which ones though?
Ciarán McGlone
18   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:06:13

Aye, you can sing it at the reserves matches.
James Morgan
19   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:10:06

How about to the tune of Rule Britannia;

Straaac - qua - lursi,
Der Der Der Der Der Der
And so forth. Nice and simple.
Kevin Hudson
20   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:31:40

James I'm not too sure the tune from "Rule Britannia," would go down well with an Argentinian - Belgrano, anyone?!

Almost as bad as singing "What's it like to lose a war..?!"
Damien McKay
21   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:35:58

I'm afraid it's a No from me too, Nick. It's too long, it's out of tune and out of sync. The nice simple and catchy songs/chants are the best.

I must admit we do need some new songs, I'm a bit bored of the "Kopites are gobshites" and the usual "Everton, Everton" when we take a corner.

Hope we come up with some new chants soon so we can all get behind the team. Also, when was the last time we REALLY out sung the opposition???
Ste Blundell
22   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:33:04

Follow, follow, follow...
Everton are the team to follow,
'Cos Ross Barkley's much better than Mikel Arteta,
He's the best little Scouser we know.
Kevin Hudson
23   Posted 13/09/2011 at 11:43:55

LIke that one, Ste. Best one yet.

Although if you drop either the word "Ross," or "much," it would flow much better, and be easier to trip off the tongue.

Back to Straq, Dan's probably got it right. I just hope we don't act like Man Utd fans ŕ la Heinze, and just scream "Argentina! Argentina! Argentina!"
Brian Waring
24   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:04:30

Wonder if the lad will ever get off the bench for you to sing your song ?
Matteo Rosingana
25   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:01:50

Nick, that verse just doesn't scan at all mate. Far too many syllables in your version. Like Shane said (4), stick to the chorus, which is fine!

I'd still like to hear 'Denis Denis' by Blondie modified though...
David Mathieson
26   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:02:16

Who's that lying on the carpet?
Who's that lying on the floor?
It's Anichebe on his back
Because he is a load of cack
And he will be starting many more.
Mark McDonald
27   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:04:43

Remember the Blondie song " Denis" I am sure it can easily be rewritten into a great little number. I shall post the lyrics and see what others think!
I think the first 4 lines are good with the last line being " Denis, Denis, now you are a Blue".
If some one can change the French to a bit of Spanish further in the song and we may have a hit! Go for it boys!

Oh Denis doo-be-do, I'm in love with you.
Denis doo-be-do, I'm in love with you.
Denis doo-be-do, I'm in love with you.
Denis Denis, oh with your eyes so blue...
Denis Denis, I've got a crush on you.
Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you.
Oh when we walk, it always feels so nice
and when we talk,it seems like paradise
Denis Denis I'm so in love with you.
You're my king and I'm in heaven every time I look at you!
When you smile it's like a dream...
And I'm so lucky 'cause I found a boy like you!
(Denis Denis, oh won't you hold me tight?
Denis Denis, please can we kiss all night?
Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you.)
Denis Denis, avec vos yeux si bleux, (With your eyes so blue,)
Denis Denis, Je pense toujours ŕ nous. (I'm always thinking about us.)
Denis Denis, Un baiser profond qui durer jamais. (One deep kiss that will last for ever.)
Denis Denis, Je suis si fou au sujet de vous. (I'm so crazy about you.)
Denis Denis, Veuillez m'embrasser ce soir. (Please kiss me tonight.)
Denis Denis, Un baiser profond qui durera toute la nuit. (One deep kiss that will last all night.)
David Alexander
28   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:22:05

In honour of Tim Cahill how about this to the chorus of waltzing matilda:

One Tim Cahill,
One Tim Cahill,
There's only one Tim Cahill,
And he plays in midfield in the Royal Blue of Everton,
There's only one Tim Cahill.

Repeat over and over....
David Alexander
29   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:35:07

Evita:

My names pronounced 'strangleaturkey',
Truth is Ive always been a toffee
All through Gimnasia, my time at tigres,
I was on toffeeweb, slagging kenwright off.

Joe McMahon
30   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:48:41

Way too much time on your hands Nick. Many Everton Fans are over 16, so can't relate to MTV pop-rock. As you have plenty of time, listen to The Clash and bring back a better song.

Brian Waring (24) brilliant comment!

Duncan McDine
31   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:49:25

Love the Evita idea Shaun (6). Just expanding on the "don't cry for me argentina":-

Please score for me Stracqualursi,
The truth is we have no money,
So you're a freebee, your eyes are creepy,
you'd better get used...
to hoofball quickly!

repeat and fade...
Ste Blundell
32   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:41:33

To the tune of Waltzing Matilda.

One Timmy Cahill
One Timmy Cahill
There's only one Timmy Cahill, its true
And he jumps in the box like a little blue kangaroo
And bangs one in the net for the boys in Blue

ad infinitum

Kevin Hudson
33   Posted 13/09/2011 at 12:36:32

Mark McDonald,

Too much free time on my hands today, and going purely on A-Level Spanish memory, I've taken a stab at it for you..

Con sus ojos tan azules. (With your eyes so blue.)

Siempre, estoy pensando en nosotro. (I'm always thinking about us.)

Un beso profunda que durara para siempre. (One deep kiss that will last forever.)

Estoy tantisima loco por ti. (I'm so crazy about you)

Esta noche, besame por favor. (Please kiss me tonight.)

Un beso profunda que durara todo la noche. (One deep kiss that will last forever.)

Sadly, I can't imagine the Gwladys Street joining in though..
Julian Wait
34   Posted 13/09/2011 at 13:30:26

Everyone knows Evita ...

"Please score for me Stracqualursi
The truth is, we need the three points
All through our history
Centre-forwards scoring
We kept the faith
Shooting from distance

"
James Morgan
35   Posted 13/09/2011 at 13:49:36

Kevin #19

I very much doubt Denis knows the tune of Rule Brittania and probably doesn't care as long as we sing his name!
Tony Waring
36   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:08:46

OK here's the first verse to the Evita tune:

Don't cry for us Stacqualursi
We ask only for a striker
To score a hattrick - or one will do
And then you know we all will like 'yer.

Thinking cap now on for the next verse !
Tony Waring
37   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:11:09

On reflection the first line should be:

Don't make us cry Stracqualursi.
John Dawson
38   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:35:56

To the tune of 'The Addams Family":

"His name is massive Denis,
He's uglier than Tevez
He scores with lots of headers
Its Stracqaulurserrriiiiiiiiii!"
Steve Higham
39   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:38:11

Everton is the team to follow
cause there's nobody better than
Royston Drenthe
He's the best little dutchman we know.

- I know too much time on my hands !!!
John Dawson
40   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:39:11

Actually maybe 'Giant Denis' might be a bit less homo-erotic! haha
Gareth Mercer
41   Posted 13/09/2011 at 15:46:36

"Denis Stracqualursi, is better than Van Persie, La la la la, hey, la la la la hey"
Vinny Garstrokes
42   Posted 13/09/2011 at 16:25:35

Something is definitely needed to update or educate the new generation - During the half time rendition of Royal Blue Mersey last Saturday, I heard a young lad who was obviously on his first outing to Goodison with his dad asking who this Big Ron was that we all hated !!
Rob Lyons
43   Posted 13/09/2011 at 16:27:16

Steve 40 ? sure Johnnny H will love that one being second best!!!
Eugene Ruane
44   Posted 13/09/2011 at 16:35:02

'I TELL THEE'!?

Fuck me!

(and it STILL doesn't scan).

Consider yourself 'laughed out of town by one of the cynics on here'.

Btw, Kevin Hudson (1) - nail, head etc.
Ray Roche
45   Posted 13/09/2011 at 16:50:29

Phil Bellis

Apparently, "I Predict A Riot" was a tune made famous by a popular beat combo called The Kaiser Chefs,or something similar, who were all followers of that cook type chap, Jamie Oliver. Quite a catchy tune, too, if memory serves me right.
Hope this helps.
Ray Roche
46   Posted 13/09/2011 at 17:00:35

Sorry, it should have been the Kaiser CHIEFS and fuck all to do with that irritating twat Jamie Oliver.
Tony Waring
47   Posted 13/09/2011 at 17:17:45

Definitely my final version:

Don't cry for us Stracqualursi,
You know that we need a striker,
Just score a hat trick, a goal or two,
For sure you know, we're gonna like 'yer.

Actually a pigeon just landed on my window sill - life's a bit slower here in South Devon - with a message from chairman Bill and a promise that if all of Gwladys Street sings my verse at the next home game he'll put on a special production - featuring us of course - and he'll put us on the stage. I did'nt look at the small print but I imagine he means the Landing Stage !
Jon Ferguson
48   Posted 13/09/2011 at 18:11:20

Shaun *6:
I would go with:

Go score for us Stracqualursi
and then we will always love you
score through the hard times
score with persistence

I don't know how the tune goes after that so I would just start the chant again.
Brian Hill
49   Posted 13/09/2011 at 18:27:31

We don't need no proper tactics
We don't need no ball control
No joined up football
Down at Finch Farm
Critics leave our Moyes alone
Hey! Critics!
Leave our Moyes alone
All in all it was one more year of hoofball
All in all it was year after year of hoofball
Andy Crooks
50   Posted 13/09/2011 at 19:16:01

Grown men have written this thread. Fuck me.
Andy Crooks
51   Posted 13/09/2011 at 19:19:32

Actually, I missed your post@50 Brian. I take that back.
Phil Bellis
52   Posted 13/09/2011 at 19:56:31

Cheers Ray, I've heard of them - are they German? These modern, shouty-down-the-mike groups apparently wear similar skinny ties to those I've always worn since the 60s; I knew if I persevered they'd come back into fashion
As I'm sure you know, it's tough being a style guru these days
David S - how is Fred? I hear he had a bad do a year or so back
John Shearon
53   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:26:57

This is the Himno Peronsita which is sung at virtually every football ground in Argentina (with different words of course). It's a real "hairs on the back of the neck" job when done properly. The only obvious hook in the lyric is "Perón, Perón" which could scan as "El Everton".
Derek Turnbull
54   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:36:01

Cant believe in 2011 Evertonians are still dismissing other Evertonians off as wools, the other article on relics springs to mind as prime examples of some of our fans' failure to evolve from school ground sociology?

We all seen his postal area albeit not his birthplace, so why point it out? Shall I put down where I live and from so that you can type 'scouser'? and nail, head?
Andy Crooks
55   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:46:16

Sorry, Derek. I don't get the "wool" thing. Can someone explain?
Ray Roche
56   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:54:53

Phil Bellis

Not sure if they're the Boche or not, but I'm sure I saw one of them in those helmets with a point on the top. They do a lot of shouting.
And they probably need a good wash. Or a spell in the army, that'd sort them out.

Erm. Maybe not the army. Don't want any more of that unpleasantness do we?
John Daley
57   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:57:06

Andy,

You really not familiar with Wooly backs? Took this from the 'urban dictionary' just for you:

A wool is short for the Liverpool term Wooly Back which is a derogatory expression for people from lancashire and cheshire, originating from the early 1900's when the population of lancashire used to wear a form of sheepskin coat and was considered to be a sheep shagger by scousers.

This of course has not changed much, except the lancashire and cheshire fashion sense has got worse
Kevin Hudson
58   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:58:19

Derek "PC Police" Turnbull,

The usage of the term "wool" was simply an observation that Nick's idea is something I might expect to see play well at either the DW or Reebok Stadium, but not at Goodison.

Please forgive my "school yard sociology." Still waiting for God or Darwin to Fed-Ex my opposable thumbs in the post.
Chris Leyland
59   Posted 13/09/2011 at 21:37:49

Play someone upfront for us, Moyesie
The truth is we're fuckin desperate
All through the season start Stracqualursi
Otherwise it's Anichebe
Graham Smith
60   Posted 13/09/2011 at 21:39:19

At the risk of becoming the most unpopular man at Goodison !
Give us an S....
Chris Leyland
61   Posted 13/09/2011 at 21:47:41

Please score some goals Stracqualursi
The truth is our fans are arsey
You will get slagged off, upon this forum
If every game you don't score some...
Paul McGinty
62   Posted 13/09/2011 at 22:48:34

"Feed the Straq and he will score"
Then repeat until he does.
Ray Roche
63   Posted 13/09/2011 at 20:54:53

Phil Bellis

Erm. Maybe not the army. Don't want any more of that unpleasantness do we?
Andy Crooks
64   Posted 13/09/2011 at 23:58:35

Thanks John, err,,,,I think I get it now.
Daniel Hutchinson
65   Posted 14/09/2011 at 00:19:33

When it comes to Everton songs, no one beat this guy:

My particular favourites are his Seamus Coleman, Leighton Baines, Tim Cahill, Duncan Ferguson and (not so much now) Yakubu songs.

They are hilarious!
Anthony Jaras
66   Posted 14/09/2011 at 00:18:54

To the tune of 2-Unlimited - No Limit;

Royston
Royston, Royston
Royston, Royston
Royston
Royston Drenthe!
Luke Berry
67   Posted 14/09/2011 at 01:02:38

Right no excuses for the old fella's, listen to the tuning of the chorus......http://youtu.be/oP8SrlbpJ5A

To the tune of Paparrazzi by Lady Gaga:

We're your biggest fans
Even though you're fucking ugly
Stracqua-Straqua-lursi.

I win on the Denis shouts boys.....massive tune, everyone knows or has heard it (even if they dont like it), plus it fits the syllables perfectly. Just listen to the opening melody and think of the words:

Again it's: We're your biggest fans
Even though you're fucking ugly
Stracqua-stracqua-lursi.

Send the check in the post gents, and give Mr Cowell my number.
Luke Berry
68   Posted 14/09/2011 at 01:10:41

We could even do the next part:

Repeat

Score a fucking goal
or we'll stick you on the dole

We're your biggest fans
Even though you're fucking ugly
Stracqua-stracqua-lursi.

finish.
Luke Berry
69   Posted 14/09/2011 at 01:15:19

Bloody hell I'm becoming obsessed by this.....

Had to sing quiet or the missus will belt me but you should get the melody and the timing.

Copy and paste this link:

It would sound better with 30 odd thousand Blues singing along, and I guess my version sounds a bit Homme because of the whisper but it fits perfect and you wont get better.

One last time:

We're your biggest fans
Even though you're fucking ugly
Stracqua-Straqua-lursi.

Score a fucking goal
or we'll stick you on the dole
We're your biggest fans
Even though you're fucking ugly
Stracqua-stracqua-lursi.
I'll be well gutted if doesn't take off.
Dominic Bobadilla
70   Posted 14/09/2011 at 08:23:48

Hey Luke: what makes you conclude that Straqua is ugly? Did you ask the ladies about their opinion?
Luke Berry
71   Posted 14/09/2011 at 08:32:56

Dominic, in all honesty, he looks like a grave robber /dracula chimera.
Adam Bennett
72   Posted 14/09/2011 at 08:56:04

Anthony (66)

Dont think Tony Hibbert will be happy having is song hijacked!
Dominic Bobadilla
73   Posted 14/09/2011 at 09:42:35

Well, my female colleagues say he has beautiful, deep, and penetrating eyes.
Charlie Dixon
74   Posted 14/09/2011 at 11:29:47

Royston, oh Royston Drenthe goes down the wing for me.

Da dah da dah da (Heartbeat theme tune)

Even all you oldies must remember that show. The one where Greengrass was an endless robbing shithouse
Lee Mandaracas
75   Posted 14/09/2011 at 11:31:50

"That's Amore"

When the ball gets smashed into the back of your net, Stracqualursi.
Billy North
76   Posted 14/09/2011 at 11:44:50

To the tune of Salt N Pepa - Push

Oooh, Bainsey, Bainsey

Bainsey, Bainsey!

Oooh, Bainsey, Bainsey

B-Bainsey, Bainsey!

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

and so on
Eugene Ruane
77   Posted 14/09/2011 at 12:24:18

Mark Stone (74) - agree totally.

Or should I say 'I thee agree duh duh duh..'

The wandering tribes of WSAG are definitely having trouble finding a new home.

Next thing it'll be favourite crisps and naming five types of cheese.
Ray Roche
78   Posted 14/09/2011 at 12:41:31

Roquefort for me.
Noel Lynam
79   Posted 14/09/2011 at 12:54:58

Eugene,

The "I tell thee" line is a direct quote from the Kaiser Chiefs song the original poster makes reference to.

Don't injury thyself while dismounting from thine high horse.
Ste Blundell
80   Posted 14/09/2011 at 12:56:12

Ooh the crisps aren't the same as they were in the 80s, we should have better crisps than this, you can't get any good cheeses unless you pay over the odds for them and we just don't have that sort of bread and our plate's too old...

a bit more Toffeeweb for you Eugene?
Paul O'Hanlon
81   Posted 14/09/2011 at 13:16:46

Nick, ignore the old farts on here. Whilst most of your song is utter shite, most people at Goodison who sing will know the tune to "I Predict a Riot" and I think the chorus at least will catch on. It's far more likely to catch on as a football chant that Evita for christs sake!
Ray Roche
82   Posted 14/09/2011 at 13:43:48

Paul O'Hanlon

Less of the old fart, shitferbrains.
Dave Lynch
83   Posted 14/09/2011 at 13:51:59

The only songs we ever need is.

Boby Latchford walks on water na na na na naaaaa na na na na.

Everton Everton Everton.................

Now. Back to me cryochamber.
Phil Bellis
84   Posted 14/09/2011 at 13:52:28

Eh, young Paul...ageist twat
I've got it now - they're South African - I saw them in Soweto in the 70s; didn't realise they'd make records/CDs/mpthings
Well we're at it - remember Tudor Crisps? Wyyy Aye man, a fiv -nil awee win at Arsnul
Eugene Ruane
85   Posted 14/09/2011 at 13:49:45

Paul O'Hanlon (82) 'old fart' THIS!

(grabs plums, thrusts hips).

Noel (80) - In dumbing down, thine cup art full, cease behaving like a wool.

Ste (81) - Can you write in caps please? (peepers not what they were).

By the way, to all you young'uns, remember this about us oldies.

We can't die young!
Tony Cheek
86   Posted 14/09/2011 at 14:36:33

to the tune of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG:
Stracqualursi straca Stracqualursi,
Stracqualursi straca Stracqualursi,
Stracqualursi coming up the Mersey,

Oh you straca Stracqualursi straca Stracqualursi we love you
And o straca Stracqualursi straca Stracqualursi what we`d do,
Near, far, anywhere you are, we travel to see you,
strac strac Stracqualursi, we`re with you to the end,
strac strac Stracqualursi, our Argy Bargy Friend!!... Oi!!

Dominic Bobadilla
87   Posted 14/09/2011 at 17:09:26

I really hope the Kopites are not watching this...
Tony Cheek
88   Posted 14/09/2011 at 17:36:37

Only a bit of fun Dominic, even kopites have a sense of humour. Here's another one I thought of:

"Hit the road, Stracq"......only joking!

Paul Colley
89   Posted 14/09/2011 at 18:26:58

Duncan McD @31 - my personal favourite :-)
Barry Thompson
90   Posted 14/09/2011 at 18:52:13

We've got a striker 'Stracqualursi'
He was the last one on the shelf
But his goals you will not see
Moyes will play Anichebe
If I got me boots I'd score more goals meself

or

We've got a striker 'Stracqualursi'
He needs plastic surgery
Though we would love him like a son
If he banged goals in for fun
But he'll hardly get a game at EFC

Ben Hunt
91   Posted 14/09/2011 at 20:42:45

For Drenthe
To the tune of Bad Romance, Lady GaGa

Instead of

"Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-roma-mamaa!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance"

Rah rah Roysten Drenthe
Ro-ma Roysten Drenthe
Ga-ga Roysten Drenthe
R R Roysten Drenthe...

Sound brilliant I reckon!!!
Dean Adams
92   Posted 14/09/2011 at 21:01:46

You can't beat the tune from The Farm,
All Together Now, forever, for Everton.
Adam Bennett
93   Posted 15/09/2011 at 08:11:33

Dominic (88)

If there are any Kopites watching this then thread how fucking sad are they?

Scrolling through Everton sites all day? Fucking pathetic.

If any of you twats are reading this thread? why don?t you fuck off onto one of your own sites you pathetic little twerps!

Anyhooooo, how about this?

Everton is the team to follow
There is no-body faster
Than Royston the Rapper
He?s the best crazy Dutchman we know!
Eugene Ruane
94   Posted 15/09/2011 at 10:55:57

Pictures Adam Bennett (94) wearing a blue flat cap and a waistcoat covered in Everton badges.

Shudders!

(by the way 'faster' doesn't rhyme with 'rapper')
Luke Berry
95   Posted 15/09/2011 at 11:47:06

Quite right Eugene, although it does rhyme with pasta/rasta/master/ delete s appropriate (if at all) Adam.

Phil Bellis
96   Posted 15/09/2011 at 12:32:05

Hey Luke...I like Royston the Rasta
I used to work with a fella that name in I and I BM
Adam Bennett
97   Posted 15/09/2011 at 12:36:13

Can't wear waistcoats anymore, increasing age is resulting in an increasing waistline!

And, the speed at which our fans sing would make it rhyme!
James Marshall
98   Posted 15/09/2011 at 14:11:30

He's Dutch....he's quick.......but Moyes'll never pick.....him Royston Drenthe.....Royston Drenthe....
Chris Webb
99   Posted 15/09/2011 at 14:46:35

This is one of my fav threads. I am off work with bad back and this really made me laugh. Some because they are so bad they are brilliant and others are generally good. David (29) is my fav though ....hilarious
James Marshall
100   Posted 15/09/2011 at 15:12:24

He's French.....he's class......his knees are made of glass.....Louis Saha....Louis Saha...

All mine are based around the same song basically!

He's fast.....he's French.....he's always on the bench.....Louis Saha.....Louis Saha...

(I know he's not new but what the hell)
Dominic Bobadilla
101   Posted 15/09/2011 at 16:44:35

So, I am properly drunk now.

Here is the song you are to sing during the next game.

Tune: Cup of Life, Ricky Martin.

DO YA REALLY WANT IT?
YEAH!
HOOF HOOF BALL OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ
HOOF HOOF BALL OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

x6
Chris Butler
102   Posted 15/09/2011 at 18:21:19

That is not the chorus it's the verse than fits with your tune. A tune has to be catchy and quick to take off and easy to remember, what chance do you have with this. Big songs have to be sung on coaches or in the pub then brought in to the ground. I want a catchy tune to chant along with.
Colin Wainwright
103   Posted 15/09/2011 at 19:03:40

What a post!

Think i've got one. To the tune of Pinball Wizard.

His name is Stracqualursi
He doesn't play hoofball
From Argentina to L4
He's gonna beat them all
Best thing about it
He cost Bill fuck all
That quick argy loan kid
He's cheap and he's really tall.
Colin Wainwright
104   Posted 15/09/2011 at 19:43:34

Change lines 5 and 6 to read....

He wouldn't even be here
But he cost Bill fuck all

Might make more sense.
Andy Crooks
105   Posted 15/09/2011 at 21:59:56

This thread is like arriving at a party stone cold sober while every other fucker is off their head.
Philip Kolvin
106   Posted 15/09/2011 at 23:19:42

Don't cry for me Stracqalursi
You're wearing an Everton jersey
While you're in Royal blue
We'll all be loving you
We'll shout your name along the Mersey
Anthony Hughes
107   Posted 16/09/2011 at 16:04:28

I hope all the effort by you lads is worth it and Moyes actually plays the fucker on the pitch.
Steve Jones
108   Posted 17/09/2011 at 00:46:10

Den...is Straquelaaaaarsi
Den...is Straquelaaaaarsi

the same tune as Duncan, Duncan Ferguson...

Pet Shop boys "go West" wasnt it.

Dead simple and will reverberate around the ground when he scores against the shite