Season 2011-12

Forgive and forget?

28 Comments: First  |  Last

Now that Mr. Clattenburg has been away from his admirers at Goodison for a number of years. Plus, he has now upset our friends from across the Park. Is it time we forgave and forgot and welcomed back Mark with open arms to the hallowed turf. Or, would we still like to lynch the Bastard!?
John Keating, Liverpool     Posted 16/09/2011 at 15:37:32

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

John Barnes
1   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:05:52

What was different in Carragher's challenge last week from the one on Lescott other than it wasnt as clear cut? I know its a long time ago but he' s till a twat.
John Barnes
2   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:13:04

Still a twat. Even though correcting a mis-spelling it's worth repeating
Gavin Ramejkis
3   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:15:47

No chance, a modern day Clive Thomas
Ian McDowell
4   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:34:08

Lynch the bastard!
Tony Cheek
5   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:36:20

Agree entirely John,,1...it was great to see Carragher at last get punished for it. He has through the years been the one of the worst shirt pulling, holding, shoving defenders in the PL....About time I say!!
Tony Cheek
6   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:40:58

As for letting Clattenburg in again, well, he might just compensate us with a cheapo penalty. But if he balls it up again....Lynch!!!
Simon Harris
7   Posted 17/09/2011 at 07:07:21

It'll take more than 1 dubious penalty against the RS, to help me forget 'that' game.

I'm not complaining, but why has he been excluded from ref'ing an EFC match for so long. What kind of message does it send regarding a professional referees integrity?

Call me cynical, but is this latest controversy, his warped attempt to disprove his RS bias so he can once again be considered for the bigger games..

A few more dubious pens against Carragher and a Gerrard red card will help.
Viv Sharma
8   Posted 17/09/2011 at 09:05:16

Personally i cannot believe this Anfield-hole is allowed anywhere near a football pitch after what he did.
The worst bit for me is that I was discussing him with some of my redshite mates and they asked why I hated him so much!? had he done something unreasonable against Everton!!?

A huge reason I love everton is the fans. The dignity and decency shown in the face of such adversity is admiable, but, if he gets rushed by a small minority (say 10,000 blues) and torn limb from limb in a scene more suited to Cannibal Holocaust than MOTD on the Goodson turf, I'd be ok with that... ; )
Karl Meighan
9   Posted 17/09/2011 at 09:28:12

Him not doing a game at Goodison is a big admittance of guilt, so was he suspended, reprimanded or dropped from the ref's list? We have been robbed at Anfield on many occassions do we stop going there to play them.

The RS wanting a meeting with the ref's panel, fuck me they have been getting away with all kinds for years. Its a nap they will get all kinds of pens and other decisions in there favour now. This gives licence to that cheating bastard Suarez to wave more imaginary cards and dive in the box.

Clattenburg and Collina should have both retired and then been slowly tortured.
Nick Entwistle
10   Posted 17/09/2011 at 09:59:09

Rugby world cup final day 2007. That was the day. Then the Aussie video ref ruled out the try for England. Bastards all round.
Danny Burke
11   Posted 17/09/2011 at 09:45:13

I've never left a game feeling as angry and cheated as I did in the "Clatterberg" derby. Im glad he hasn't been back, keep it that way!
Eric Myles
12   Posted 17/09/2011 at 10:18:55

I'm for lynching him.......................by the balls.
David Hallwood
13   Posted 17/09/2011 at 10:36:58

I'll get the rope
Jimmy Stenn
14   Posted 17/09/2011 at 11:04:16

Let it go lads, fuck me. An incompetent ref who made some bad decisions that have cost us points. I'm pretty sure every team has one.

Carrying on a vendetta or campaign of hate isn't the way forward. We will end up sounding like Liverpool fans, demanding people don't buy a paper, which nobody in the city does anyway.
Brian Waring
15   Posted 17/09/2011 at 11:30:30

I think words like lynching, cheated, I'll get the rope etc are the reasons why he hasn't reffed a game at Goodison.
James Stewart
16   Posted 17/09/2011 at 12:36:01

the guy is as bent as they come.
David Hallwood
17   Posted 17/09/2011 at 13:04:24

Jimmy& Brian #14&15, the problem is that he wasn't/isn't an incompetent ref, in fact he was/is one of the best out there, but his 'performance' and it was a performance against us, was corrupt. Full stop
Brian Waring
18   Posted 17/09/2011 at 14:02:25

I agree David, he is a very good ref. His performance against the shite stunk though, it was a little to cosy for my liking between him and the shite players.
Robert Johnson
19   Posted 17/09/2011 at 17:12:00

Twattenburg. Lynch the cunt. !!!!
Dave Trudgeon
20   Posted 17/09/2011 at 17:15:21

The man shouldnt be allowed to ref a game full stop, hes clearly available to the highest bidder.
Dalziel Kane
21   Posted 17/09/2011 at 17:20:21

If we held a grudge against everyone in our lives that had done us wrong it could be one hell of a long list

Granted, Mr Clattenburg is a prize prick but there's no sense in dwelling in the past, berating the man won't change anything that happened before, referees make mistakes or have poor games, it just happened on the day in question we had a bonehead official that cost us dear

I'm prepared to move on
Dennis Stevens
22   Posted 17/09/2011 at 17:48:39

All referees make mistakes, but not all are cheats - I hope! Unfortunately, too many referees seem to lack the strength of character to do the job properly.
Mike Hughes
23   Posted 17/09/2011 at 18:59:09

I like to think I'm emotionally intelligent but would still definitely hang him by the gonads, one at a time.

Then forgive and forget.

Martin Handley
24   Posted 17/09/2011 at 21:21:16

As several posters have already put it.
Lynch the twat!
Dick Fearon
25   Posted 17/09/2011 at 21:41:49

I don't like saying he shoulda been smothered at birth but he shoulda been.
Our Davy had to traipse off to the dark dungeon that is headquarters for the refs. Dogshit merely mentioned his displeasure and the refs head honcho hared off to Bellefield to face Dogshit's wrath.
The results of that meeting had Dogshit smiling and I wonder what was agreed to bring that about.
Saegaran Kana
26   Posted 18/09/2011 at 05:39:14

No and never!!!! Not good enough to referee an EPL match.
Dave Roberts
27   Posted 18/09/2011 at 10:08:32

If the report was right (and it seems to be) that the comment that annoyed Moyes after the game was....'you don't give penalties against Liverpool in the last minute', then it is incredible that he is still a referee at all, never mind not returning to Goodison. That is corruption of the highest order. It speaks volumes that Moyes suffered no censure at all from the FA and the FA are friggin' corrupt as well!

Corrupt referees are the biggest enemy the game has and for that reason he makes my skin crawl. Poll had the same effect on me. Can't stand the prick. They are both smelly turds as far as I am concerned.
Nelly Verdonghan
28   Posted 19/09/2011 at 09:38:20

Would be as welcome as that other cheating twat Collina....the only reason he should come back would be for us to laugh at the riduiculous rug on his head.....