Season 2011-12

Stay away Fans: Protest or Skint?

54 Comments: First  |  Last

I don't know the answer to this. I feel it will be a mixture of the two, but I am wondering what the majority is, and how big a majority that might be.

I feel the club have done a good job with the season tickets, in terms of the price freeze and the various ways you could pay. Not many people have a lump sum of £400 to £550 sitting in their accounts waiting for the renewal forms to come through their door. So the 'pay monthly' scheme and the Everton MasterCard, which is interest-free for 9 months, are good ways of renewing your Season Ticket without rooting around for that big lump sum.

But looking at our attendances this season, it is obvious that a lot of fans have stopped coming. 32,700 against Aston Villa, a decent side where our games are always a good watch, at 3pm on a Saturday, was poor. 31,500 the following week against Wigan must be our lowest for a 3pm Saturday game for quite a while. 17,000 there last night, and I know it was ?only? the Carling Cup, but I would have thought we could of at least hit the 25,000 mark.

I have been receiving text messages from the club advertising match tickets, even though I have a season ticket and therefore already have a ticket for the match! Also, I have noticed that the tickets for the derby are being advertised a lot, and I cannot remember that happening before.

As I say, I don?t know the answer. A lot of people are loosing their jobs, or have the threat of a job loss hanging over them, which would have hit attendances, and people are feeling the pinch at the moment. (It would be interesting to see if other clubs are suffering a drop in this regard). However, I also get the feeling that a lot fans are staying away because they have hit their limit with what?s going on at the club, and a ?stay away? protest will be noticed more by the board, as opposed to marches, as it hits them in the pocket.

What does everyone feel is the majority reason for the drop in attendances?

Adam Bennett, Liverpool     Posted 22/09/2011 at 13:26:10

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Paul Carsley
1   Posted 22/09/2011 at 14:42:37

Expensive day out now to watch dire football. 4-5-1 or 4-6-0 at home with predictable team sheet selections each week doesn't help.
John Waugh
2   Posted 22/09/2011 at 14:51:50

I gave two season tickets up this year and wrote to BK and RE to clearly outline this was a protest against mismanagement (nothing particularly to do with failure to sell the club), citing Kings Dock, financial dealings, Kitbag deal, treatment of shareholders etc. This would have been ~40 consecutive years in various bits of the ground.

No great surprise that I didn't even receive the courtesy of a response, but was plagued afterwards with kids from the box office phoning and asking why.

I will come back one day when there have been major changes, but I have to say that, having taken up golf at the weekend, I really don't miss the usual feelings of boredom during the game and abject misery afterwards.

Dave Rooney
3   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:12:35

So, Paul #1 ? I take it you predicted the starting 11 for last night's game? Who do you expect to see it the line up? ? Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka.

I was at the game last night which was poor but, having heard the line-up prior to kick off, was quite pleased to hear we had a young midfield of Fellani, Rodwell, Barkley, Drenthe & Coleman, with Denis getting his first run out.

In answer to Adam's question, I believe it to be more down to the current state of the economy, people simply can't always afford it and have to pick and choose the games. If were drawn against any of the top 4-5 in the next round at home, I expect there will be a bigger crowd.
Chris Wright
4   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:13:49

I think it is a mixture of both. Personally, I gave up my season ticket as I am not sure about having a job in 6 months and didn't want to commit to something like this. Don't forget ? not only do you shell out £500 for a ticket, it's 19 home games, with expense like car parking/train tickets, food/drink, etc. It all starts to add up. Plus games like last night season ticket holders have to pay for.

Having said that, I haven't been this year and can't see myself going anytime soon. I really haven't missed it that much yet. I am just fed up with the way the club is and I am not protesting as such, but am losing enthusiasm for the games. May not even bother watching on Sky on Saturday.
Andrew Ellams
5   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:29:45

For the Villa and Wigan games, a big part of the small attendances could also be put down to their supporters all coming in the same car.

There probably are blues missing too, but not as many as the overall numbers make it look like.
Gareth Humphreys
6   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:41:30

John Waugh, my experience exactly - gave my season ticket up last season for the first time since 1987. I still went to the odd match last season but I am trying to go cold turkey this year and it's hard. I also got a call asking why I gave up and I gave the lad chapter and verse about my feelings on Bill's running of the club.
Ciarán McGlone
7   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:43:49

I think the only way of conclusively deciding is to compare our decrease in figures with the average percentage of fans that other Premier League clubs have lost this season...

Personnally, going by the number at the BU march, I think it's simple economics.
Steve Syder
8   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:50:01

I renewed my season ticket but vowed after the disgrace that was the QPR game that I would never go again.

My first game was in 1959 and the garbage Moyes serves up has finally driven me away. Even Gordon Lee served up better fare than this.

I took a last look around Goodison after the match and left. I'm not particularly happy with the stewardship of the club, but poor financial management does not excuse sending out a team against QPR with no guile, no passion and at one point no recognised striker.
Brian Harrison
9   Posted 22/09/2011 at 15:58:17

I would like to say well done to the fans last night; it would have been easy to sit there and moan about the poor display. But they cheered the team and I actually think this made the difference, especially in extra time.

I don't think you can asses why the gates are slightly down this year, the main thing is don't worry about the fans who aren't attending ? just let's make sure that the ones who are supporting the team get behind them at every occasion.
Tom Bowers
10   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:23:51

Generally, success breeds enthusiasm. Manure are the supreme example.

Whilst Everton are still a difficult team to beat, they have not been the most attractive or convincing in the Moyes era. Despite a decent end to last season they still disappointed against many teams especially before Xmas. Yes, they can make excuses but so can most other clubs. We would all like to see a team that compares to the mid-eighties squad but, alas, under the present regime and lack of investors, it's unlikely. Obviously attendances will suffer.

Perhaps at least some ''good'' performances over the next month will rekindle the enthusiasm once more.

Mick Wrende
11   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:28:49

The reason is the players are paid so much for doing fuck all and it costs us half our salary to watch such garbage. Simple isnt it!
Kieran Kinsella
12   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:29:42

The "poor football" arguments don't really hold up because if you look at the records you will see that attendances dropped from an average of 35k to just 28k halfway through Gordon Lee's reign. Attendances on average only rose about the 30k mark three times over the course of the next 15 years.

1984 we won the FA Cup and had average crowd of just 19,000. Attendances picked up during Joe Royle's second season and have between 35k and 38k ever since despite all of the criticism of Smith and Moyes.

Here are the records if you want to see for yourself: http://www.toffeeweb.com/history/records/attendances.asp

David Holroyd
13   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:40:18

Man City25000
Arsenal 45000
Blackburn 7500
All attendances down people choosing their games
Dennis Stevens
14   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:29:46

"Personnally, going by the number at the BU march - I think it's simple economics" ? Ciarán, I'm not sure about the logic there. I doubt many people who weren't attending the match would bother to travel to Goodison just to take part in the march, so it would seem probable that most, if not all, of the protesters on the BU march were also attending the match. If so, I don't see how that would indicate that those staying away aren't dissatisfied with the football or administration.

Of course, it's all opinions & speculation, but I'd have thought that if even some of those who continue to attend are feeling they have to express their displeasure via protest marches, then it seems quite probable that a fair few of the stay-aways are also less than enamoured of things Everton at the moment. However, I suspect for many it's a bit of a combination of factors ? when times are hard, it's easier not to splash out on something that is less rewarding than it used to be. Let's hope Everton's fortunes soon revive, along with the economy, and we can all pack out the ground again.

Kevin Sparke
15   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:51:45

Economic woes and exiting and going back into a recession with with working man paying the price of politicians and bankers fucking up the economy.... you should see the attendances in the early 80s when the manufacturing base of the economy was ripped up. (It was only about £4.00 to get into a game then!) The price of tickets have increased exponentially, as have housing costs, utility bills, even the price of a pint of ale ? wages have not kept pace.
Paul Holden
16   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:56:40

The economic downturn is kicking in ? empty seats at most Premier League grounds, and it's likely to get worse. Costs me close on £140 to take me and the girl to the match; we live on the south coast, fuel through the roof, but at least the ale's cheaper back home.
Ciarán McGlone
17   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:02:04

Dennis,

I agree it's not entirely scientific... but I think that, if you're willing to give up your ability to watch Everton on the basis of a disagreement with the board's strategy, then it's likely you'd make the effort to attend a march on the same subject.
Peter Laing
18   Posted 22/09/2011 at 16:55:00

I second John Waugh's comments @2 in that I have also taken the same course of action and did not renew my season ticket. I did not waste my time and energy in writing to Robert Elstone and Bill Kenwright with my own particular reason's for non-renewal as I deduced that I would not receive a reply.

My decision is one that is not financially driven but as a protest at how the Club is being run. I was contemplating the purchase of two junior season tickets for my two boys aged 7 and 9 (the future generation of the Club?) but decided that I would not part with my money given the contempt shown by the likes of Ian Ross for people like me who question the motives of the board.

The attendance at the Wigan game was abysmal considering that there was a big initiative with Everton in the community whereby discounted tickets were available for corporate charities at the knock down price of £10 for adults and £5 for kids. Out of principle, I did not take advantage of this offer but paid full price for the Aston Villa game to support the Blue Union.

People are walking with their feet; I may be a persona non grata for my support of Blue Union but maybe my money will be missed.

Tommy Kealy
19   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:19:23

Simply put ? the TACTICS ARE UTTER SHITE from a boring negative manager who can't see the shite he's making the boys play with one/no striker on the pitch.

I didn't renew this season for the first time in many years as I'd lost interest midway through last season due to us playing the non-attacking drivel Moyes loves to play and have waited for him to make me regret it by actually sending us out with 2 strikers and attack the opposition but, as I thought, I'M STILL WAITING!!

I'm not saying others have stopped due to this but it is my reason, sadly.

Ted Smeethes
20   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:20:12

£30+ for a ticket for 90 mins 'entertainment' well over priced. You can go to the cinema for 2 hrs for £7. That £30 goes towards the players wages, do you really want to pay some of those lazy little scummers, they couldn't care less as long as they get paid ? lazy bunch of shits.

No, I'm not a 'real' fan ? I'll keep my money and watch on TV. Everton and the other clubs can carry on getting into debt until they realise players have to be paid less.

Phil Martin
21   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:21:32

Why continue to pay for an ever increasingly inferior product?

It's like buying cable TV to watch your favourite channels, but year by year the best programmes are removed from your viewing. Eventually, you think "Fuck this!" I don't care if there's a price freeze, the product I'm paying to watch is getting worse AND ? with no sign of investment ? will only get worse.

Hence Bill can stick my empty seat up his arse.
Trevor Mackie
22   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:50:48

Moyes takes the piss not playing with forwards and Kenwright doesn't know what day it is, that's why I won't go.

Current posters on other threads are trending with this "We're still here" boast against criticism of what's going on.

No we're not ? it's a pale imitation.
Norman Merrill
23   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:03:34

I renewed my season ticket again, but decided that, unless there was a vast improvement all-round, I would not pay for cup games etc.
Andrew Mackenzie
24   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:02:07

I think its a mixture, Adam.

I have to fly to games now and, although finance is not a motivating factor, I do think of it more when deciding whether I want to visit my home city and see a game on the basis that I should be saving more.

I was keen to attend the Villa game to see the match and equally to attend the protest so, as Dennis said above, not likely to attend the protest and not support the lads in Blue.

Another motivation for me to not attend is the restricted viewing seats. I love going to a game but I can't justify spending £100+ on a flight, £150+ on a hotel and then a £30+ match ticket to sit behind a post when I know I will spend god knows what having a beer with city mates afterwards. Just not sustainable... a bit like Bill's business model!

I usually take my dad and uncle too so it can work out an expensive weekend. How people do it with lower paid jobs or job under threat, kids, mortgage etc in the current climate, I have no idea and I take my hat off to them.

All-in-all, I count myself lucky to attend games as often as I do, and pay for it, so I feel justified in shouting my opinion at Bill, Davey etc., but I don't expect dogs abuse from fellow blues for expressing it.

A sad state of affairs is EFC at the present time... Oh for 1984 and all that!
Paul Gladwell
25   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:20:31

Andrew Ellams, Wigan brought what they have always brought and, even if Villa brought their usual, we would only have had at most 33,000 in the ground and we normally get at least 36,500 when we play them.

Fans are certainly voting with their feet and you can bet there will be kopites scattered everywhere this derby game, with the only thing stopping them getting a ticket being the intimidating attitude towards them when they step foot in our stands, otherwise they would be thousands of the fuckers.

Ray Robinson
26   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:20:28

A mixture of reasons:

* Disenchantment with the club's lack of aspiration and failure to exploit promising bases on which to build

* Disillusionment with the PL in general ? players paid obscene amounts, lack of depth of competition ? you can probably predict the top 5 or 6 each year based on financial outlay

* Lack of entertaining football ? no forwards starting against Wigan!

* Economic recession ? despite what government statistics say, we've been in recession for 2 -3 years now. Incomes depressed, rising household costs. jobs under threat, redundancy etc.

* Saturation coverage of football on TV and the internet

* Cost of the match (and associated travel exprenses, car parking etc)

Football needs to re-assess its position. Clearly Chelsea have learnt nothing, charging £52 plus for the league fixture with the Blues. I am certainly boycotting that one!

Generally, football attendance's are down but it would be unwise for Everton to believe that it's just down to the recession that crowds at Goodison have slumped. There is also most certainly a specific disillusionment factor at play.
Phil Bellis
27   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:49:07

Kieran @12, I've always thought the `94 Wimbledon game was the catalyst for the upturn in gates. Many fans returned that day and I think a lot of Evertonians realised just how much the club meant to them.
Robbie Muldoon
28   Posted 22/09/2011 at 18:54:56

It's the predictable boring football that Moyes sends them out to play. Well it's that and coz I'm skint. Why should I spend literally my last penny to go and be frustrated at the way we play and the team selections?
Paul O'Hanlon
29   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:03:44

For those saying attendances are down everywhere, they're not. Across all Premier League teams in the league this season that were in it last season there's actually a 2% rise.

Obviously that's comparing the whole of last season against 2 or 3 games so far this season.

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739
Andy Riley
30   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:00:02

I think it's just general apathy and a feeling of being fed up with the BK regime. I've had a Season Ticket since the time of Billy Bingham and I've kept it through the downs mainly because it's such a good seat.

I bought one share five years ago because I liked the idea of going to AGMs and feeling part of the club. BK ended that soon afterwards because he couldn't take being asked hard questions.

It's all become so predictable with us selling a star player at the last minute in the transfer window. This regime is slowly killing the club and is taking the remaining supporters for fools.

Paul Ferry
31   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:04:28

I just watched Everton v West Brom (on YouTube) in the League Cup on a midweek night at Goodison in 1980 (Park End with that awful brick wall behind a smallish standing area with a little stand on top - remember). Goodison is packed to the rafters; the economy wasn't doing that great back then, I remember, with Adolf Thatcher in the hot seat, and the crowd is so noisy. We lost 2-1, by the way: Gidman scored a free kick for us and then missed a penalty.
Paul O'Hanlon
32   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:06:55

In my opinion, most Evertonians are fed up with the club at the moment and some have decided to stay away.

For me it started early last season, when, after a summer of hype from the club and high expectations amongst the fans we had a terrible start to the season, not picking up a win until October and going out of the league cup in the early stages to lower league opposition (for a change).

The atmosphere at home games from then on was the worst I've ever known, bar the odd big game. This summer hasn't exactly lifted spirits so the feeling has carried over.

The club need to do something soon to shake thinks up or attendances will continue to drop and more top players will want to leave. Maybe then the people who think we don't need change now (particularly those who cheer Kenwright when on screen at Goodison!) will realise what some have been concerned about for years. Only then it will be too late.
John Hurst
33   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:29:06

Ray@27, good points. I think football is going through a sea change. I live in Manchester and my in-laws were all United season ticket holders. However, despite all of the success they've achieved, they're bored, they're getting ripped off by the club and they'd rather go to the pub to watch the game. Sound familiar??

Owen Hargeaves scores a goal and the press are treating him like he's Douglas Bader and Tiny Tim rolled into one!

John Hurst
34   Posted 22/09/2011 at 19:40:50

Sorry, last para was supposed to say: get a grip, it's a game, they're not heroes.
Jim Lloyd
35   Posted 22/09/2011 at 20:35:56

Well Adam,
Three of us decided last season, that we'd give up our season tickets. It wasn't the financial outlay that was the reason, only the money is welcome.
The main reason is that Bill Kenwright and his "good friends" Earl and Green are overseeing the demise of our club. That is our opinion. The football we have watched over the past decade has been a mixture of decert stuff, not so decent stuff and mind numbingly boring stuff. That, however, isn't the reason we stopped going. Three other of our group stopped going the year before as they didn't see our club going anywhere but down. It might happen slowly but there's six who have give up their season tickets but we see that is the way we are going.
I'm not sure about the others but until Kenwright does one and allows this club a chance to flourish again, I won't be going. It's the only way I know of showing my disapproval of his unwillingness to let go.
If he is the best salesman we've got we are well and truly finished as a top six team and a top club
Drew O'Neall
36   Posted 22/09/2011 at 21:22:07

I don't often come to home games as I live in the south but bizarrely i feel more compelled to come at the moment because I feel like Everton needs all the support it can get, a bit like a sick relative.

I also feel like this might be the start of a new era and out of the ashes we will rise but I might just be a hopeless romantic when it comes to Everton.. I haven't had the stuffing knocked out of me yet like some on here.

I do feel like the majority of views on here are unnecessarily negative though.
Drew O'Neall
37   Posted 22/09/2011 at 21:48:04

Also the thought of kopites taking up the home allocation at Goodison fills my throat with bile..
James Morgan
38   Posted 22/09/2011 at 17:53:24

In an ideal world we'd all be able to afford to go to the match without having to worry about bills etc but obviously that's not the case. I can only afford to the odd game due to a) I'm saving up to get married, b) I don't earn the greatest salary and c) I work alternate Saturday's. If money was no object I'd be there every game home and away but unfortunately I'm not that lucky.
As mentioned already, I think wages not matching inflation has a big part to play.
Ryan Holroyd
39   Posted 22/09/2011 at 22:27:19

I gave up my season ticket because:
1) I hate Bill Kenwright and do not wish to give this fuck any more of my money. He's put fuck all money into Everton,then why should I? When he goes I'll go back.
2) Without a billionaire to pump money into the team and ground then I believe 7th is as good as it can get in the Premier League at this moment.
3) There is no competition. Top 3 places are sown up IMO and to get 4th you need to finish above teams with much more spending power than Everton. It's hardly likely to happen.
Andy Crooks
40   Posted 22/09/2011 at 23:33:30

I think that the whole idea of this site is to hear other opinions and maybe take them on board. Your post, Drew has made me think a bit.
Robbie Shields
41   Posted 23/09/2011 at 01:14:44

Drew, an interesting analogy, with a lot of natural human responses that can be drawn from it, all of which I think we are seeing here. A loved one looks to be ill, but is he? If he is, how bad is he? Can something be done? Should something be done? If so, what is the best course of action? And who should do it?

Everton's Management response is......... OK, we admit he's not well, but trust us, we're doctors and the best there is, so don't bother looking for any others, it's a waste of time, they wouldn't be interested anyway. I know he got ill whilst under our care, but lots of other patients are equally as ill, some have even died when they got a new doctor, be careful what you wish for, trust us, we know what we are doing.

Majority of Evertonians response .......... He's not looking too good is he, but he's still moving and talking. Every now and then his eyes light up and you can see the old him is still there, so there's hope yet. Anyway, I'll go and visit him again in a couple of weeks, I'm sure he'll fine. A few of the family went to see him a few weeks ago, really upset them, they said they can't bare to see him in this state and won't go again, anyway gotta go, see ya next time.

Blue Unions response is ......... Look everyone, he's dying here and you lot can't or won't see it, but he's not dead yet, we can do something about it but we've got to move quick before it's terminal. And you doctors, WTF have you been doing to let him get in this state? I don't give a shit how ill other patients are, this is family. I don't care what you say, he is too important, we want another doctor right now, someone who isn't giving him the same medicine that made him ill in the first place, and who is actually qualified to treat his condition. I know the other members of the family think he'll be OK, but I'm telling you he is seriously ill and I'm not going to sit back and what him die because of your incompetence, I couldn't live with myself, I want my kids to get to know him and see him back to as he was again. He's still young and a big strapping lad, something seriously wrong, he shouldn't be this ill!

I know which part of the family I'm in.
Gary Hughes
42   Posted 23/09/2011 at 01:51:44

Paul O'Hanlon #33 You mention the Kenwright cheering episode against Villa. I'm hoping someone can clear this up. I wasn't at the game but I was told that after some initial boos the majority of the crowd began to cheer & applaud Kenwright's image on the screen. Then I heard from a couple of mates who were there that as BK's grid came up on the screen, the score from Stoke beating the shite also came up & that was why the cheers went up. Anyone know which one was it?
Eric Myles
43   Posted 23/09/2011 at 07:40:45

If the protesters want to make their point better they should protest before the game and then not attend but stay outside to the final whistle.

Then the impact on the attendance would be more noticeable.
Andy Codling
44   Posted 23/09/2011 at 07:37:48

I could afford my season ticket no problem, but didnt renew because the chairman tells to many porkies to its fanbase and shows no ambition whatsoever, also I am not entertained by Moyes dirge type of football and watching average footballers earning in excess of 20 grand a week cough Anichebe cough
Richard Dodd
45   Posted 23/09/2011 at 08:46:08

Skint!
Mike Williams
46   Posted 23/09/2011 at 09:53:22

Two Simple Words Why I Didn't renew my season ticket.
First word is Bill
Second is Kenwright.
Paul O'Hanlon
47   Posted 23/09/2011 at 10:25:51

Gary, I can't say I noticed the Shite's score on screen myself, but the clapping seemed to be in response to the booing of Kenwright. I've never know the fans to clap when we see or hear that the Shite are losing, it's usually a loud cheer! (of which there were 4 in my house last Sunday)
Gavin Ramejkis
48   Posted 23/09/2011 at 11:44:37

Gary for me in the Park End it seemed to be small numbers either way, I booed Black Bill, cheered the Stoke score then a very small number certainly not the 32000 claimed by some clapped, the boos and claps were both minorities most fans at least near me did sod all.
Tom Hughes
49   Posted 23/09/2011 at 11:50:15

I attended the protest before the Villa game, as did several friends of mine.... I felt no need to boo BK when his face appeared. It does not mean I support him in anyway. As someone stated behind me at the WBA game just after they scored "how come they haven't put BK's face on the screen?" Timing is everything.... put his face up when we're 2 down against a real rival, and I think you will see real passion. As far as noise is concerned, neither the boos nor cheers would compare to the noise made by the protest outside the ground. I've walked down Goodison after winning famous derbies and even leagues and not heard a noise outside Goodison like it.

As regards our current attendances...... we only filled approx 80% of our seats for the Villa and Wigan games, whereas for all other games on the same week as Villa were high 90's (except Sunderland who also had a bigger gate than us anyway). Too early to judge yet though.
Ste McCoombe
50   Posted 23/09/2011 at 12:00:06

Simple. Moyes's tactics and no ambition.
I've nit been going even when offered free tickets.
Mike Owen
51   Posted 23/09/2011 at 14:25:41

In terms of people feeling priced out, have you seen the ticket prices for Chelsea away? They are £55 and £52 for adults! If we were to sell out our allocation of 1,522 tickets, that would work out at somewhere in the region of £75,000 being handed over to Chelsea FC by Evertonians. Crazy! I have worked out that right, haven't I? Feeling dizzy.
Steve Sweeney
52   Posted 23/09/2011 at 16:56:46

The Fans are Slowly very very SLOWLY starting to
realise that the only way to change things is to stay away.
I went against WBA because my grandson has never been to a night match before, my god it will be never again if Moyes keeps serving up that shite.
Never mind all the crap surrounding Billy Liar.
The Football is horrendous.
If we were playing attractive flowing football no-one would give a shit about The lying toad Kenwright.
Maybe tho that s Moyes's plan.
I sometimes despair when I hear Evertonions accepting this dross.
Drew O'Neall
53   Posted 23/09/2011 at 18:26:42

Here's one for you.. Do those who support the BU actively (ie attend the meetings and attended the march), want the team to win in the short term, or do they feel that it will hide the faults of the regime and in so doing, lessen their ability to engender a change that they presumably think will be in the best interests of the club?
Kunal Desai
54   Posted 23/09/2011 at 22:19:30

The phrase "once shy, twice bitten" springs to mind. Personally, we got to 4th and never built on it, but to make repeated mistakes again, notably when we got to the cup final and never built on that either, quite frankly takes the piss.

BK and the rest of his team can stick it 'where the sun don't shine'. I'm not putting a single penny back into that club until he's relinquished all ties with the club.