Season 2011-12

Bring back Neville ? it's the only chance we have

62 Comments: First  |  Last

The team is only heading in one direction and that?s down. There is no confidence in the players, Moyes has instilled the thought that we can?t compete, we aren?t creative, and that the only possible way forward is to defend for our lives and hope to snatch a goal ? either by a set piece or by pure luck.

Who is playing well? ? you tell me!

Howard ? flapping again
Jagielka ? completely not at the races
Baines ? has forgotten how to defend
Coleman ? where has the blistering pace and bravado gone?
Rodwell ? reminds me of Ray Wilkins, 14 passes square to everyone forward
Fellaini ? just had enough and can?t wait to leave
Osman ? go and become a jockey, too lightweight
Cahill ? body can?t cope
Saha ? body never coped, and desperately needs a mate up with him
Bily ? haven?t got a clue whether he?ll ever make it as a Premier League player

Jury is still out with Drenthe (is he disciplined enough?), Barkley (too young, isn?t good enough to play for U-21s), Vellios (at least he?s scoring) and Stracqualursi.

I know people wont like me stating this but it?s time to bring Neville back in. He is the only true leader we?ve got and we need someone out there to take control and get the above shower into some sort of team ? one in which we don?t concede goals. Not pretty I know but if we carry on like this we?ll be staring relegation in the face and on current form we are not good enough to get out of it.

It's driving me mad watching the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool, Stoke, etc giving the Top 4 a tough time, playing the games as they want to win and not just hoping for a creditable draw. For the first time in my 55-year career of following Everton, I can't be bothered trying my best to get to the game, listen to the game or stream the game ? it's just too pitiful to watch.

Mike Oates, South Coast     Posted 16/10/2011 at 22:21:04

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Andy Crooks
1   Posted 17/10/2011 at 08:19:05

I agree with much of what you say, Mike. However, if the solution is bring back Neville, then things are truly grim.
Andrew Laird
2   Posted 17/10/2011 at 08:44:22

Holy shit... Neville should not even be in the matchday squad. How about this:

1) Remove Jagielka from defence and replace with Heitinga.

2) Give Howard the captain's armband as he will never be dropped by Moyes and looks to me the only one who does motivate and talk.

3) Remove Osman (too slow and weak) from the team and replace with Drenthe

4) Remove Cahill (too slow/ injured?) from the team and replace with Barkley.

5) Give Neville a headset and put him in a tracksuit until his contract runs out.
Dave Lynch
3   Posted 17/10/2011 at 09:06:39

I have banged on about the attributes of Neville before on here. Ok, he's no Zico or Clodoaldo, but he is a leader and that is what we lack on the pitch. There is no organisation within the team at times and Neville will bring that to the table.
Jon Ferguson
4   Posted 17/10/2011 at 09:47:51

I?ve got to agree with Andrew #2, I like Neville but I?m not sure that he is the answer. I do see him as a future manager and so could give him a player-coach role.

Heitinga needs to start playing, he gives 100% and can actually pass out of defence.

Drenthe has pace and the ability to run at players, we need this and a run in the team will see him improve. Osman has had an awful season so far.

If Cahill is scoring, then it?s hard to argue about his failings (lack of pace or creativity) but he hasn?t scored this calendar year and doesn?t bring much else to the party and so Barkley, who has showed promise this year needs to be given a run.

I would add to that Vellios. Someone stated in another thread that surely it makes more sense to start Vellios (who looks like he has a goal in him) and bring Saha on as an impact sub.

Things are not going well and changes need to be made!
5   Posted 17/10/2011 at 10:31:00

What are you all saying.... You expected us to beat our last three opponents?!!
Chris Fisher
6   Posted 17/10/2011 at 10:23:45

100% put Neville back in, I don't get why he has been dropped so often this season, has he had a falling out with Moyes?! I'm sorry but given the choice between Hibbert and Neville, Phil wins 100% of the time. He is a leader and we dont have many of those.

I don't want to get in to another player-bashing comment but the teams I consider to be our main rivals challenging for a top 7 spot, Villa, Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham and probably Arsenal, would they touch Hibbert or Osman? No! So why are they walking in to our 1st team when we have better players than them?

We have John Heitinga on the bench! He played for Atletico Madrid at right back, he will leave us soon if he doesn't get played ? and quite rightly! He is a quality defender and he must be looking at what's getting in the team in front of him and want to cry. I know I am!

I still think Moyes is the man for the job (tell me who could do any better and who would actually come to us?) but his blind loyalty to players who aren't good enough for Everton Football Club is starting to grate. For what it's worth, this is the team I would go for when all fit:

Howard; Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Barkley; Cahill, Saha. If Neville plays I would drop Distin for Heitinga and put Phil right back.
Andy Crooks
7   Posted 17/10/2011 at 10:52:03

No Oliver, I expected us to try to beat them.
8   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:03:43

Andy @ 7..
so now the team are trying...wise up.
Amit Vithlani
9   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:01:38

Body language tells us a lot and right now, Fellaini's resembles that of Arteta's and Pienaar's in their last days at the club.

Yes, there is an awful lot else wrong with the team besides his body language. We can't defend straight balls. We can't defend crosses. We can't defend as a team. Their third goal was a disgrace ? not a single attempted tackle.

I blame the manager for the mistakes as much as the players. For some reason, the basics have gone out of the window.

However, to deal with this, we must start defending as a team. Ergo, team spirit and body language needs to be dealt with. If Fellaini has his mind on a move, he needs to be dropped for the sake of the team. Morale is everything when you are in a bad run.

So yes, Neville back in for Fellaini. We will moan and groan at his lack of ability, but one thing's for sure: his mind will not be anywhere else.
Stephen Doyle
10   Posted 17/10/2011 at 10:58:16

Andrew (2) I agree, Neville should not be anywhere near the pitch, he has got to be one of the luckiest footballers alive! He is a terrible footballer! Sure he can shout and point a lot, but fails to have even basic football skills.

Our only hope is that Moyes spews it and we get an ATTACK-minded coach in, who instills to the players how to pass the ball, move for each other, and not to fucking HOOF it!
11   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:12:33

Andy @ 7...
my previous post ( 8 ) should have read "not trying"
Andrew Laird
12   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:05:15

Oliver, what I EXPECT is at the very least for us to not wave the white flag with 20 minutes of a game left... Cahill off, Neville on (or before a ball was kicked at Man City).

I EXPECT ALL poorly performing players to be dropped, regardless of favouritism.

I EXPECT players of any age to get game time if they are clearly better than the current underperforming dross witnessed.

I also EXPECT that Moyes will do nothing but churn out the same outdated tactics for which he no longer has the correct personnel, with the same burnt-out useless players.
Robbie Muldoon
13   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:00:28

Make Duncan Ferguson the next manager!
14   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:00:23

Andrew @13... We have what we have squad-wise... so, unless you are going to offer the club a big pot of money, the team will always consist of playing staff that Moyes reckons is best equipped to face a particular opponent and make life as difficult as possible for them.

What do you expect from him, to go end to end with the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc? What do you think would happen? We would win 4-3 or the other way about? No, most of the time we would get stuffed.

This is where we are, and I think Moyes has proved over the years he knows what he's doing 95% of the time ? all managers make mistakes.

Moyes more than anyone has raised the expectation bar at Everton. What I admire about him is he just gets on with it, and per usual, results will improve. Keep doing the Euro lotto and if you win anything big, you could lend the club a few quid.
Colin Malone
15   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:49:34

I've been saying since Carsley left, we have not replaced him. The only player who can play in that holding role is Phil Neville. Again, it's no coincidence that our back four are under pressure, because no-one is protecting them. We need a Tioti (Newcastle), someone who will run all day snapping at the opposition.

So, yes, I would put Neville in the holding role.... Now who could be our playmaker? Mmmmmmm????.
Anthony Millington
16   Posted 17/10/2011 at 11:50:47

I remember some stupid people a few weeks ago on here saying how we don't need to worry because we're having our best start for years! I felt like saying to them have you not seen our run of fixtures; judge our start after then and we've now lost 3 on the trot since then. Where are these delusional fans now?

Moyes is an idiot of the highest order at times... Don't get me wrong ? we've had 3 very difficult games and an unfortunate sending off against Liverpool but he makes predictable, negative team selections. Let me take Osman as an example: everyone knows he is no good out wide, especially against top teams like Chelsea. So what does Moyes do? ? play him left-mid again after years of watching him struggle there and being a very limited threat!

It's not as if we don't have options, we've got Royston Drenthe, a natural pacy left sided player who co-incicentally came on ran to the bye-line and put a cross in for the goal. Now answer me how many times did we see Osman do this in the game? And we've got Gueye too who I have no doubt would be more of a threat on the left than Osman but Moyes would see this as too much of a gamble I suppose.

As for Vellios, if he doesn't start the next game, he should tell Moyes to fuck off as he deserves to start ahead of Saha ? end of. Oh Mr Moyes, get a grip or leave; I'm fed up of watching your ineffective, boring and negative football that is draining morale and confidence out of the fans and players.
Anthony Millington
17   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:07:11

Colin, you say we miss Carsley and I agree. We need a holding midfielder and a playmaker do we? Now answer me what exactly does Fellaini do? He creates nothing and doesn't protect the back four, what a waste of money, another slow ineffective signing by Moyes along with Bily!
Tom Owen
18   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:11:26

Even though Neville is probably one of the worst footballers at the club, he offers leadership and experience in the midfield. I remember last season when he was installed in the defensive midfield role, we suddenly turned around our poor season and stopped conceding silly goals.

Rodwell and Fellaini cannot play together. I would have Fellaini and Neville together in a two-man central midfield partnership, with Drenthe, Cahill and Osman in an attacking line of three with Vellios leading the line.
Andy Crooks
19   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:36:55

Soryy, Oliver, I didn't mean the team weren't trying. In my years of watching Everton, I really haven't seen many players who didn't try.

I mean the tactical approach throughout suggested winning wasn't expected. We went to draw. Then to keep the score down.
20   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:42:58

Andy @ 20..
I agree, one thing is certain with Moyes if you don't try, he will have no time for you.

Regards tactics, as I have said in a previous post, the manager has what he has and that's it. And yes, most of the time, he will set up not to lose a game. He picks a team after seeing what it offered in training all week, and yes, who he trusts. What else can he do?
Andrew Laird
21   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:36:37

Oliver, you would do well to read a post properly before responding and making things up to suit your agenda (2nd part). If you cannot find a suitable retort which addresses what was written, why bother?

Moyes is 100% culpable for the ins and outs of playing staff, he himself has said he is in complete control. If we are lacking in any areas, it is his fault.

This is a man that reels out the "we have no money" excuse when we lose and yet tells everyone just how brilliant Kenwright and the board are.

I agree that he has raised expectations but I don't expect to beat everyone in the league, I do however expect a manager being paid £65k a week to see the wood for the trees, to not pretend he is infallable and to start dropping players who need resting.
John Crook
22   Posted 17/10/2011 at 12:56:39

I agree about bringing Pip back in. It would be ideal to drop him if we were on a winning run and blood some younger players or try Coleman at right back. But in desparate times Pip should be first on the team sheet in my opinion (not brilliant or ideal). I also feel he should be reinstated as captain.

Jagielka has been the worse player this season. It's time for a Heitinga to get a run in his best and prefered position alongside Distin. The defense certainly needs freshing up. Trouble is, everyones knows Howard will start if fit as will Baines. I would actually think about Jagielka at right back (not brilliant going forward but which Everton right backs are?), I remember Jagielka having an excellent game at right back in a nil-nil draw at Stoke about 2 years ago. That might give the defense an extra edge of freshness and stability as well as aerial ability (Hibbert doesn't have the latter).

Quite worrying times overall. It kind of feels a point at Fulham will be worthwhile considering the next home league game (Man Utd) and not forgetting a home cup tie against a team who have have just showed us how to play football. How bad will the atmosphere be going into the Man Utd game knowing we have just been knocked out the cup early doors yet again?
Domino Darkley
23   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:07:33

Andy Crooks.....you have no need to apolgise.

Your comments were spot on.

One expects to see one's team "try" to win games (which is not the same as saying players themselves are not trying in the way your words were misconstrued) as opposed to merely "try" to contain the opposition.

We are going to lose that way anyway, so may as well lose whilst actually "trying" to win the blooming game.
24   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:05:20

Andrew, please explain (2nd part)?
Andrew Laird
25   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:20:27

Oliver: "What do you expect from him, to go end to end with the likes of man city,chelsea etc,what do you think would happen?..we would win 4-3 or the other way about?,no most of the time we would get stuffed."

Complete conjecture I'm afraid. We haven't faired to well away from home against the "big" boys in Moyes tenure doing the opposite of what you suggest anyway, have we?
26   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:29:48

Andrew,
So let's go out and have a go, Wigan style... and we will get all the plaudits and keep everyone happy.

No thanks, I would rather we finish as high up the table as possible and grab whatever £s we can for doing so.

Also, you said the following of Moyes: "If we are lacking in any areas, it is his fault." ? How do you work that out? And tell me your team for Fulham when your at it.
Andrew Laird
27   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:59:08

Oliver, you really have trouble in grasping what is written down, eh? Moving on from misunderstanding Andy Crooks you then invent other conversations with me.

At no point did I advocate "going all out Wigan style" or whatever nonsense you put in your #15 post. I even pointed out that you had made it up in your head (#22 and #25) as I never said anything of the sort yet you were quick to attribute it to me to suit your own, extremely questionable, stance.

Oliver, take a deep breath, and READ PROPERLY what is in front of you. I have already answered the "If we are lacking in any areas, it is his fault." question the SENTENCE BEFORE the one you quoted from, FFS.

I dont want to patronise people on hear but what other option am I left with when faced with such ilogical thinking??
28   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:15:48

Andrew,
I'm happy with my replies to you, and please tell me your team for Fulham since you know so much.
James Stewart
29   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:24:09

Bring back the worst player we have? That sounds like a great idea to me, NOT! And drop who? Hibbert ? one of the few players in form. Madness
Andrew Laird
30   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:22:12

I do know this: If you are happy that is the most important thing in life Oliver.
31   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:29:53

Thats another subject Andrew..
and your team selection for Fulham is?
Barry Curran
32   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:32:49

Howard, Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Barkley, Fellaini, Rodwell, Drenthe, Vellios,and Gueye or Stracqualursi

Power, pace and skill, attack is the best form of defence. That leaves a bench that are now only able to give 45 minutes max, yet still could change things if needed. Come on, David ? let's break the shackles and go for it for once.
Jalil Noor
33   Posted 17/10/2011 at 13:53:31

He sets his team up not to lose a game... ummm don't all managers do that?

What else can he do? Drop out-of-form players and let someone else have a chance? Not wholesale changes to the first eleven mind you but one or two. Show these players that he trust so much that they have broken his trust in them and they need to earn it back.

And at the same time show some trust in his other squad members and play them. It's his choice they are in the squad in the first place so he mush have seen something in them and trust them to a certain extent.
Jalil Noor
34   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:45:14

Andrew, maybe Oliver is Moyes incognito and he wants some tips... help him out mate hehe

35   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:47:37

Well tell us all then..who should be dropped and replaced by who?
Andrew Laird

Fellaini
Rodwell
Cahill
Coleman/Drenthe

Saha
37   Posted 17/10/2011 at 14:57:18

Thanks Andrew, let see what he does!..
Andrew Laird
38   Posted 17/10/2011 at 15:02:55

Glad I could help Mr Moye..... I mean Molloy..
39   Posted 17/10/2011 at 15:06:12

Indeed... but seriously... Don't you think Heitinga is a bit of a bottler though?
Andrew Laird
40   Posted 17/10/2011 at 15:11:03

He is an international centre back who can read the game better than Jagielka could ever hope to and actually finds players with passes. Jags is a "last ditch" defender because he doesn't anticipate correctly or fucks up, our football would instantly improve and so would our confidence.
41   Posted 17/10/2011 at 15:21:46

I do not dis-agree with your assessment of Heitinga, that he is a better footballer technically than Jagielka, but he has bottled out of a few challenges also, and we can not have that with a midfielder or centre half.
Jimmy Sorheim
42   Posted 17/10/2011 at 15:18:01

My team:

Howard,
Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Hibbert.
Gueye, Barkely/Neville, Fellaini,Drenthe
Vellios,Straqualursi.

4-4-2 formation with Vellios right behind Straq and Straq as a target man to knock down high balls for Vellios who then scores a double against Fulham. Now that is what I call great Football.

My view is that we need a new formation, and we need to stick with it. I have been waiting for Moyes to find this out but he still has not played like I want him to.

It is difficult to choose between Rodwell,Hibbert and Neville, as to who will play and where. Defensively Hibbert is a better tackler than Neville, Neville backs off way too often for me to pick him in defense.
I agree in that Neville has leadership and also that we need a replacement for Carsley. What Carsley did so well was that he broke attacks and stole the ball all in one move and he was also good at passing it quickly forward to a teammate.
I doubt Neville could do the same as him, but he has leadership and determination wich we lack in midfield now.

Barkley is a bright prospect and I belive Moyes was smart to hide him when the transfer roumors started going wild. Now they are quiet again and therefore he should go straight into the team against Fulham replacing Rodwell who was poor at Chelsea.

I pray for Moyes to go with my choices but I am not expecting anything. We need a change in defence,midfield and up front. Jags, Rodwell, and Saha-HAHAHA needs a break. If Moyes does not make these 3 changes, then I most certainly will say fuck off to him staying here. Moyes needs to know that we are not pleased with what he has performed so far this season, if he does not change things around now then he has lost all will to win in my opinion!!!
Daniel Cross
43   Posted 17/10/2011 at 16:55:41

I'd play Fellaini up front. IMO he is our best striker ? can hold the ball up well, and knows where the goal is! Think he is overrated in the middle of the park and doesn't look too interested.

With regards to Neville, is it any coincidence that our results are better with him in the side? Good organisation, great leader, and always willing to put a big tackle in to get the team/crowd going.
Jalil Noor
44   Posted 17/10/2011 at 17:27:15

Aiight that's sorted then.. Don't have to watch the game against Fulham.. cos we gona win 2-0. Velios double I heard assisted by Stracula.
Tony J Williams
45   Posted 17/10/2011 at 17:43:17

What has Straqula done to get so many fans admiration?
Jalil Noor
46   Posted 17/10/2011 at 17:59:28

Tony he used his hynoptic power on us...
Andy Crooks
47   Posted 17/10/2011 at 17:56:42

What has he done, Tony.? He has obviously earned himself the admiration of one of the best coaches in the world. Why sign him otherwise? Perhaps he's shite. Maybe, ,just ,he's worth a gamble. Sorry, I forgot we don't do gambles.Anyway, now McFadden's back he can join Velios down the pecking order.
Dennis Stevens
48   Posted 17/10/2011 at 18:52:21

Bring back Neville? I was all excited for a moment there, thinking he'd left & I'd missed it!
Michael Winstanley
49   Posted 17/10/2011 at 18:56:09

You can dream Dennis!

Fellaini and Rodwell look shit and uninspired...when they get the ball there's no one up front to pass it to. Hence it goes sideways.

And Neville can do one!!!
Andy Crooks
50   Posted 17/10/2011 at 19:35:21

Oliver Molloy #26. You are baffled by the notion that if we are lacking in any areas it would be the fault of David Moyes. Seriously,you believe that? Try saying it out loud and see what kind of ring it has.
David Moyes is finished at Everton. He will never improve on what he has done. He built a squad that he was pleased with,spent the money available and came up short.What has happened this season is indefensible. Inept tactics,mind boggling decisions, poor team selection,substitutions that are so bizarre as to raise questions about his basic competence.
Time for him to go and to take Round with him. The only thing I fear more than him going ,is him going and the cretinous phoney that is Kenwright appointing Round as caretaker. That would indeed be the end of Everton
Brian Waring
51   Posted 17/10/2011 at 20:48:45

Oliver, replacing Cahill with Neville when you are chasing the game, was that a good tactical decision by Moyes?

Or was it more of a shithouse negative move, to just try for damage limitations?
John Malone
52   Posted 17/10/2011 at 20:56:40

Totally agree Mike!!! I wrote a piece a couple of months ago which the administrator lost and I never saved, stating get Neville our club captain with more medals and more experince than anyone back in the centre and get Heitinga out of it. There's no coincedence that the back end of last year when fellaini got injured and Neville went in the holding role we started to win. Neville is not the best ball player, but he is a barker/ organiser /tackler /winner / leader and does a good job in the centre in my opinion his best position. Moyes has got to to put him back in and stop us conceding never mind playing gung ho Sunday league tactics that people on here who've probably never played a compettive match before armchair experts!! seem to beg for. Let's get the best ball winner we've got back in the middle and stop conceding.
Tom Bowers
53   Posted 17/10/2011 at 23:12:36

Personally I was surprised Neville was left out to enable Hibbert to play.
Hibbert is not Prem.class and never was.
Let's at least go back to Coleman at right back with Neville in place of Osman.We lack strength in midfield and it was oh so apparent against Chelsea. How much longer will Moyes persist with these underachievers? Most of the knowledgeable fans all seem to agree who the deadbeats are and that new blood has to be infused to give a lot of opposition managers a different look as they all know how to deal with Everton's tactics these days. The high ball to Cahill,Fellaini and Saha just doesn't work anymore. Look what happened when Drenthe slipped in a low ball to Vellios-goal!!!!!!!
54   Posted 18/10/2011 at 10:19:18

Andy @ 50...
It all boils down to money and well you know it.
I have said Moyes makes mistakes like all managers and yes Brian @ 51- I do believe it was damage limitation when he brought Neville on.
Perhaps he knew the team were flagging and needed leadership qualities,thats the call he made.
Andy, name me a better manager than Moyes for Everton right now.
If Moyes had the money it could well be a different story..
Ciarán McGlone
55   Posted 18/10/2011 at 10:42:32

Neville has played midfield several times this season. Putting him on the bench is one of the few things Moyes has done right this season. Our problems are not due to lack of leadership on the pitch.
Richard Dodd
56   Posted 18/10/2011 at 12:02:33

It is now clear that Davey does not rate the players he brought in on loan anymore than he does Gueye. The opportunity to re-sign McFadden gives him further options both on the left and down the middle and, at least, the Scot will be aware of what is required of him in defence ? something so many of our `front players`now seem to ignore. This addition, together with the restoration of Captain Pip, will provide the spine our team has lacked recently.
Ian Edwards
57   Posted 18/10/2011 at 22:14:25

Team to play Fulham:

Howard

Neville ( Player Manager)
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Coleman
Barkley
Fellaini
Drenthe

Saha
Velios
James Martin
58   Posted 18/10/2011 at 23:04:37

How is removing Osman from the team going tto improve things? We're crying out for creativity and one of our best players from last season is in the wrong positions? How are Fellaini and Rodwell escaping criticism from this? Nothing seems to be their fault. Half the time the reason why the ball is hoofed long is because neither of them show for it, we'd have more bite in attack if either of them could pass forward or make a run to join the attack.

We'd probably score more if either of them could muster a shot. No, we have two of the best young mids in europe apparently and yet we're getting ran through, quite simply they offer nothing in attack or defence, they can't play together. Osman and Carsley were a better midfield partnership and the results prove that.
Anthony Hughes
59   Posted 19/10/2011 at 07:55:23

Have to agree James, the much vaunted dream team in the middle of the park for us are just not stepping up to the mark. Saturday's game was Rodwell's 100th appearance for us and we're still waiting for him to take a grip of a game and run the show or at least put two good performances together. Fellaini also needs to start living up to the hype. I like him and i want him to really push on as a player but at the moment he's no where being rated as one of the best midfielders in Europe. Yes we have huge problems regarding the forward situation but without a functioning "engine room" in the middle of the park then the whole thing just doesn't knit together.
Mike Oates
60   Posted 19/10/2011 at 18:52:47

Ciaran McGlone #55

I have no objection to people disageeing with my views but then to state that I know nothing about football - needs readdressing .

I played semi-pro for 10 years and then captained a good level amateur team and then managed / coached at Youth Level for a Semi-Pro team - so I know only true well what a " good leader" can do for you on the pitcc.

Now go and play with your X-Box
Mick Davies
61   Posted 20/10/2011 at 03:45:34

Moyes should have got Barton when he had the chance. A blue with bottle and would probably die for this club. As for Hibbert being in form! I'd hate to see him not in form, I've been watching Everton since the boys pen days and Hibbert is the worst player I can recall seeing in a blue shirt. Darracott comes closest. If Coleman is ok to make his debut at LEFT-BACK away to Benfica then surely he is able to put a good enough show in his natural position against the likes of Wigan, Fulham, QPR etc. Seamus or Nev for me at RB
Robbie Muldoon
62   Posted 22/10/2011 at 10:36:08

Have I really just read an article slating every player we have and then say, 'the only answer is to bring Neville back'. hahahaha that has got to be a wind up.