Season 2011-12

Christmas Wishes

6 Comments: First  |  Last

Well, I woke up this morning to see if Santa had brought me my wish list. I have been pretty good this year so I thought I would go for it with my requests.

My first one was that David Moyes woke up this morning and made a decision to start playing football which is attractive and free-flowing. Hoping he has told Phil Jagielka to start passing out of defence and not to hoof the ball into nowhere. That Everton sign a midfielder in the same vane as David Silva who has great foresight and passing ability.

I am really wishing that we sign a striker who terrorises defences and knocks goals in for the Toffees. That he has pace and strength in the air and never stops running till he drops.

I have wished for January to bring those things but my biggest wish for 2012 is for new owners to come in and make our much-loved club great again. For them to either build a new stadium or develop the Grand Old Lady.

MIke McLoughlin, St Helens     Posted 25/12/2011 at 10:51:33

back Return to the Mail Bag  :  Add your Comments back

Comments

Tony Horne
1   Posted 25/12/2011 at 20:24:52

Hows the turkey, Mike?

Starting to feel a little cold perhaps?
Dick Fearon
2   Posted 25/12/2011 at 21:00:18

Mike, just a word on Jagielkas hoofing.
If no one presents himself for a pass, what else is Jags supposed to do? If he lost possession while waiting for someone to come for a pass the mob would be down on him like a ton of bricks.
Same applies for Howards clearances.

A successful pass requires a willing receiver.
Ian McDowell
3   Posted 25/12/2011 at 21:10:49

Its also easier to make a pass when the players ahead of you are making runs. Does anyone else seem to think Everton are one of the most static teams when in possession.
Nick Entwistle
4   Posted 26/12/2011 at 11:12:05

We have been playing the ball on the grass in the last number of games, and that the 451 has morphed into a 4231. The football is better, the players have more confidence and we're closing in on tolerable football. Its slow, but it is progression. People expect us to go from cloggers and hoofers to some school of total football Barca Arsenal science amazingness in a very short time.
Dick Fearon
5   Posted 26/12/2011 at 12:35:27

In another few unearthly hours when more sensible humans are asleep I will be watching TV. Keeping a lonely vigil and wondering why I put myself through this torture.
What is that strange something deep in our souls that whispers, this time it will be different.
This time we will defy the nay sayers. Yes, this time we will show the world that Everton really is one of footballs greats and not a name to be scorned.
Any evertonians already abed and not in the Stadium of Light or in watching the box will think they are accursed that they are not awake at this our finest hour, er' sorry bout that, got carried away a bit there.
Anyroad, Happy New Year to one and all.
Eric Myles