Apologies in advance for the trivial manner of this post or for any copyright infringement, but can anybody help me out here? In the back row of the video I see Jim Arnold, Mark Higgins and John Clinkard but can anybody identify the other two? Are they former players?

Reader Comments (13)

Brian Wilkinson
1 Posted 02/11/2016 at 20:14:38
Hard to make out but one of them looks like Rob Wakenshaw.
Patrick Murphy
2 Posted 02/11/2016 at 20:26:33
I don't know whether this helps Julian, but here is a list of the squad for that season. Don't ask me to name the lads in the video though aside from the household names of course of which there are many.

No. Position Player
England GK Jim Arnold
Wales GK Neville Southall
England DF Ian Atkins
England DF John Bailey
England DF Alan Harper
England DF Darren Hughes
England DF Derek Mountfield
England DF Darren Oldroyd
Wales DF Kevin Ratcliffe (captain)
England DF Gary Stevens

England FW Adrian Heath
Scotland FW Graeme Sharp
England FW Robbie Wakenshaw
England FW Paul Wilkinson

Jay Harris
3 Posted 02/11/2016 at 20:46:03
Looks like John Bailey, 2nd from the right, and the other is possibly Neil Rimmer.
Dave Williams
4 Posted 02/11/2016 at 21:07:17
Jim Arnold is the one with some curls in his hair. Another looks like Ray Parr who wasn't a player but I think worked for the club and was known for being very close to Howard Kendall right up until he died. I may well be mistaken but it doesn't half look like him.
Tony Cawson
5 Posted 02/11/2016 at 22:32:26
I might be wrong... but I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the unfamiliar faces was a mate of Andy Gray's... Just tagging along for a laugh.
Terry Underwood
6 Posted 03/11/2016 at 11:20:11
If Carling made football songs... they would not be seen dead anywhere near this one. Embarrassing.
Ray Parr
7 Posted 03/11/2016 at 18:19:19
I can reveal that one was me (Ray Parr) and the other was Rab a boyhood friend of Andy Gray.

As I was Chairman of Sharpy's and Kevin Ratcliffe's Testimonial Committees. I knew all the players at the time.

Together with Rab, we got the invite to go down to Shepherd's Bush studios for the show. We got there at 4 pm for rehearsals where they gave out the Le Coq Sportive tracksuits.

As it was international week they were a few players short so there were 2 tracksuits over so me and Rab quickly grabbed them and joined in with the players on the stage

After the rehearsals we were shown to the Green Room were we had 2 hours to get pissed before going live on national TV!

All-in-all a great day out, which I have been dining out on ever since.

Tony Cawson
8 Posted 03/11/2016 at 20:18:41
Nice one, Ray. Great story!

It's the one and only football song for me!

Brian Denton
9 Posted 04/11/2016 at 18:23:03
Can anyone remember the joke whose punchline was "Earwig O"?
Damian Wilde
12 Posted 06/11/2016 at 00:41:24
Oustanding video. And Ray, great story!

Bracewell in fine voice! Who was thrusting their arm in the air towards the end? 😃

What a side.

Dennis Stevens
13 Posted 06/11/2016 at 00:53:44
I remember that "performance" on Wogan & wondered what was happening out of shot while Terry was yammering on afterwards. Whatever it was seemed to be generating a bit of laughter amongst the audience.
Paul Washington
14 Posted 06/11/2016 at 13:36:18
Great tale, Ray, but I am more impressed with not falling down the studio stairs at the start after 2 hours in the Green Room!!!!
Paul Conway
15 Posted 13/11/2016 at 21:12:05
Ray Parr (#7),

Pure class, You lucky sod.

Suppose you went to a club afterwards , danced to Simple Minds, Tears for Fears, U2, Madonna etc and then got laid... The icing on the cake!