A rather impressive performance by Chelsea at the Etihad kicked off the weekend, with Conte's men now setting the pace in the Premier League.

The rest of the Saturday ticket includes:

Crystal Palace vs Southampton
Stoke City vs Burnley
Sunderland vs Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City
West Bromwich Albion vs Watford
West Ham United vs Arsenal

And

AFC Bournemouth vs Liverpool on Sunday before Everton take on Manchester United.

Reader Comments (30)

John Keating
1 Posted 03/12/2016 at 14:55:40
Lukaku – £60 million???

What price Diego Costa???

Pity we can't play at half the speed as Chelsea and Man City.

Laura Round
2 Posted 03/12/2016 at 15:40:10
Southampton having a bad day...
Geoff Williams
3 Posted 03/12/2016 at 15:44:00
Well we don't want Forster. He is a liability, just watch his mishap today...
Bill Gall
4 Posted 03/12/2016 at 15:57:37
No, we are not Stoke or West Brom, but going on the half time results, if they stay the same, one of them will be above us and the other on level points.
Colin Glassar
5 Posted 03/12/2016 at 16:24:43
Leicester to be relegated? I remember a few seasons ago when Ipswich got a European place and were then relegated the following season.
Gary Russell
6 Posted 03/12/2016 at 16:36:58
Pep G was gobsmacked for 3 seconds when asked about his teams awful behavior at the end, when the game almost turned farcical with red cards.

'Will you talk to your players?' He couldn't comprehend this idea of sportsmanship and respect, and said he would congratulate his team for how they 'performed!'

Yea, I know, I know, my head is in Gagaland 50 years ago when sport was played by its sheer definition. All that is wrong with the game today

Colin Glassar
7 Posted 03/12/2016 at 16:57:20
Guardiola said, a few weeks ago, that he didn't think the Premier League was any more competitive than La Liga or the Bundesliga. Sorry Pep, there are more than two teams who can compete here.

The standard of football might not be as technically high as some leagues but every game is a slog – unless you play our spineless bunch of recent times that is.

David Barks
8 Posted 03/12/2016 at 16:59:50
Moyes has Sunderland winning matches already. First season, no big transfers and he actually fought to keep the defender who wanted away and won that fight.

But I need to remember, we can't expect wins from Koeman right now. Gotta give him another three transfer windows. Why do I keep forgetting that?

Patrick Murphy
9 Posted 03/12/2016 at 17:17:19
David (#7) Yeah, huge error from Everton not bringing Moyes back to Goodison, never mind eh? Yet another opportunity missed.

I am now looking at the next few weeks with trepidation and will be waving at Moyes as he and his club, passes our once great football club in the Premier League. At least we'll see a few new stadiums next season in the Championship.

I wasn't full of Christmas spirit before I read your post but now I make Ebeneezer Scrooge, before he realised that life was worth living, look absolutely joyful.

Darren Hind
10 Posted 03/12/2016 at 17:20:31
Koeman was 19 points clear of Moyes a few short weeks ago.

How humiliating it will be if TGT takes his relegation battlers to a loftier position than ours.

John G Davies
11 Posted 03/12/2016 at 17:31:03
The pace of the game City v Chelsea was unbelievable. Rapid pressing at times from both teams high energy football.

Chelsea look the better side, that was my take before the game, even more so afterwards. City's defence all over the place positional wise.

Watching the game reinforced my view that Stones will never be a top class defender. It was a fantastic piece of business from Koeman and the board to get £47½ million for him. I would be amazed if Pep doesn't buy a centre-half in January.

Funnily enough Chelsea are in the same boat. Replace Cahill and they are very strong favourites for the league.
David Barks
12 Posted 03/12/2016 at 17:41:01
Honest question, if by the end of the festive period, after the first week of January, Sunderland pass us in the table should Koeman still be given three transfer windows? Hypothetical BS I know.

Won't happen, or at least shouldn't. We have Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool during that time while they also have Man Utd and Liverpool with Chelsea thrown in. But they've won 3 of 4 while we've won 1 of 9.

Moyes seems to have galvanized that team, playing with two strikers (SHOCK HORROR). Watching that match this morning and they played better attacking football than I've seen from Everton all season.

It was amazing to see how the defense can't just send 2-3 players at a striker when there is another striker up front with him. What a concept eh? If Anichebe or Defoe were isolated up top Morgan and Huth would have simply double teamed them. But they couldn't and Sunderland dominated the match despite not getting two blatant penalties.

Colin Glassar
13 Posted 03/12/2016 at 17:55:17
Last season Kante, Payet and Mahrez were the three outstanding players. This season only Kante has maintained his standards, the other two are rubbish.
Andy Meighan
14 Posted 03/12/2016 at 21:28:18
Don (#70), totally right.

Swansea conceded 13 in their last 4 games including one lucky late equaliser by you know who – and could have lost by 8 or 9 today by all accounts And Southampton, another poor side who will struggle, were absolutely slaughtered by a shit Palace side

Now bear in mind we badly struggled against the 2 of them Doesn't bode well for the next few games, does it? Especially with half our team on auto pilot

Got a feeling ToffeeWeb will be quite an angry place between now and Christmas Then again Koeman knows best, according to some... He sees them everyday in training, you know.

Darren Hind
15 Posted 04/12/2016 at 09:25:39
Just watched MOotD. What a joy to see big Anichebe playing so well and enjoying his football. I couldn't help thinking we could do with someone bullying the fuck out of defenders like he has being doing these past few weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not using the benefit of hindsight to claim we should not have let him go. When I heard the Baggies were prepared to pay £5 million for him, I'd have driven him there myself.

The big fella was a magnificent specimen as a kid. He terrorised some decent teams in Europe with pace power and no small amount of skill... but he often came across more Victoria than Vic, his mind was never right.

I know a lot of people put his "attitude" down to the mental scars left by Nolan with one of the most savage and cowardly challenges I've ever seen, but watching him these past 3-4 weeks, I get the impression he has finally conquered his demons.

Kim Vivian
16 Posted 04/12/2016 at 13:58:56
Just watching Liverpool - Bournemouth and I know my tongue will turn black and my teeth will fall out for saying this ... but I fucken wish we would play like that.

They're relentless. I am NOT looking forward to the 19th if we do not get our frikking fingers out by then.

And to keep it on topic I have predicted 1-0 (to us of course) today and I don't fucking care who scores.

Colin Glassar
17 Posted 04/12/2016 at 14:03:56
Teams bend over for them, Kim, no one bends over for us. It's disgraceful!!
Kunal Desai
18 Posted 04/12/2016 at 14:06:02
Kim, I think all the blues who live around Liverpool will have to clear out of town for a few weeks come end of May. There will be one big party in the city and it ain't gonna be blue.
Kim Vivian
19 Posted 04/12/2016 at 14:12:55
I think you're right Kunal but I don't see anyone other than Chelsea lifting it this year but I can see the Duracell Bunnies (Conte & Klopp) at 1 and 2.

I think Koeman's batteries have got about as much life in them as my old TR4 which hasn't been out on the road for 6 months.

Mike Gaynes
20 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:10:48
Is anybody watching Bournemouth's extraordinary fightback against the RS? Down 3-1 and they almost went up 4-3 just now. Damn, I love the way that team fights. Eleven Cahills. Wish we were playing like that.
Colin Glassar
21 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:10:57
C'mon Bournemouth. Must be something on the south coast that our teams don't like.
Dave Pritchard
22 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:13:32
I'm with you, Colin, but 3-4 more likely than 4-3...
Colin Glassar
23 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:22:13
What a game!!!! Lol lol lol
Dave Pritchard
24 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:23:09
I am so wrong. Yaaaaaay. Come on Blues, make it a great day.
Jon Cox
25 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:23:42
4-3 to B'mouth YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Russ Quinlan
26 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:24:20
We need the same passion Bournemouth are showing!
Colin Glassar
27 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:27:37
The media will have to go into overdrive now to explain how their champions-elect screwed this up.
Jon Cox
28 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:27:51
B'mouth were 3-1 down. Can we have whatever they're drinking?
Colin Glassar
29 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:29:07
We need any kind of passion, Russ.
Ajay Gopal
30 Posted 04/12/2016 at 15:35:07
Eddie Howe – next Everton manager! Get in!!