Who's in for a prediction?

by   |   22/03/2017  15 Comments  [Jump to last]

Just going through the fixture lists of the top 7 as it stands now, who is up for a prediction of the season placings and points?

Let me start. It'd be good to catch up for a beer before a game when I'm over from Oz in September.

Chelski		95Spurs		87Citeh		82RS		75Manure		73The Blues	69The Arse	67

A bit of fun but get's away from the Rom and Ross media crap!

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (15)

Darren Hind
1 Posted 22/03/2017 at 19:43:49
I think the top four will be those who are occupying the positions now – although I'm convinced the energy Spurs have spent will see them hanging on to their place. Unfortunately I suspect the other crew will get enough points to secure Champions League football.

I think Arsenal and Man Utd will both finish outside the top four for the first time since Sky invented the game

I think we could finish 6th, but I expect the usual late flourish from the Gooners.

Steve Cotton
2 Posted 22/03/2017 at 19:45:43
Bramley-Moore Dock being announced tomorrow. Take that to the bank.
Colin Glassar
3 Posted 22/03/2017 at 20:02:47
Steve, Boys Pen Bill to skydive from a helicopter (like James Bond and the Queen) with the blueprints under his arm!!
Paul Johnson
4 Posted 22/03/2017 at 20:13:37
Chelsea - Spurs - Man City - Man Utd - Blueboys - The RedShite - Arsenal.
Bob Parrington
5 Posted 22/03/2017 at 21:55:31
Sorry, that should show the Arse at 67 points on the list.
Alan J Thompson
6 Posted 23/03/2017 at 04:55:32
Colin (#3); Don't be silly, if he tried that, he'd be sure to land in the Waste Water Works.
Peter Lee
7 Posted 23/03/2017 at 13:51:37
We have the players and the management to ensure that the season doesn't petre out. We also have the incentive.

Finishing 7th puts us in two qualifying rounds for the Europa League. Bettering that gives us an easier start.

I am really looking forward do a European tour but, happy though I would be with visits to obscure places in July and early August, the team could do without four additional competitive games at the beginning of the season.

And they will be competitive. We are unlikely to be drawn against the mighty Airbus AFC (no disrespect lads, kept making those wings for the planes for our cheap Ryanair flights) as our lovable offspring did in the Champions League all those years ago.

Jay Harris
8 Posted 23/03/2017 at 14:14:58
Bob,

I actually sat down the other day and did a glastrodamus (with a slight bias) and here are my forecasts:

Chelsea 88
Man City 76
Spurs 73
Man Utd 75
Everton 71
Liverpool 71 (with inferior GD)
Arsenal 66

Anto Byrne
9 Posted 26/03/2017 at 15:15:35
Everton will be playing for Seamus, so don't be surprised if they go out and win all their remaining games and finish 2nd.
Anthony Dwyer
10 Posted 26/03/2017 at 20:00:50
1, Chelsea
2, Man City
3, Spurs

I think the above is pretty nailed on. Fourth is up in the air; I'd have said Arsenal for sure a month ago but it's kind of looking like the wheels have fallen off.

Man Utd would be my next shout but without Zatlan they may drop even more points and, if it happens to be to us and we beat the Red Shite, then we could compete for 4th.

The RedShite are probably now the most likely especially if we give them their customary 3 points against us and if we took something at Old Trafford.

Hate to say it but maybe Liverpool for 4th.

Charles Barrow
11 Posted 27/03/2017 at 15:23:33
All I know is that at this late stage of the season Koeman has to go for broke if we want to get anywhere near 4th. No defensive shite like the Chelsea and Spurs games – go for it and win at Anfield.
Erik Dols
12 Posted 27/03/2017 at 15:53:38
Obviously the next two games are huge if we want to have a chance at finishing in the top 4 (or 5 even). And also quite obviously, winning away against the RS and Man Utd is something we haven't done in a looooong time. If I didn't miss anything, the last time we defeated both of them at their own ground in the league in the same season, was the 1969-70 season...

Koeman, time to change this and win both games! If we do that, anything can happen really. I do agree with Charles that we need to go for broke. A boring 0-0 is of no use in these games.

Winston Williamson
13 Posted 28/03/2017 at 11:35:25
We really need to go all out now for wins in every game. There is no excuse for going for a draw in any of our remaining games. We have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

A win at Anfield would really provide momentum for the remaining games. Nothing to fear going there... they're shit, and they know they are!!

Joseph O Brien
14 Posted 28/03/2017 at 20:57:02
1 Chelsea
2 Spurs
3 Man City
4 Man Utd
5 Liverpool
6 Everton
7 Arsenal.

Man Utd are on a roll and the wheels have fallen off at Arsenal. I can see Man City giving them a hiding on Sunday.

Spurs are looking stronger than last season.

There is no way on god's sweet earth I could put the RedShite in 4th and the Champions League... it would have turned my stomach.

Bob Parrington
15 Posted 05/04/2017 at 12:18:29
Well it looks like my prediction slipped a bit with the 1 point only from the RS plus Man Utd.

I'm getting closer to your prediction Joseph. Unfortunately I've been in Japan for the past week and missed both games. I had booked a point from both games but that was before we lost the 4 players.

Anyone up for a challenge from now on in?