After a slow start, the Irish international is weighing in with goals and assists and Preston want to explore a transfer for him in the summer when his temporary term comes to an end.
McGeady will have one more year left on his Everton contract at the end of this season.
Reader Comments (22)
Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer
1 Posted 19/03/2017 at 17:50:57
Not as keen as I am to see his fat arse gone!!!
2 Posted 19/03/2017 at 18:00:39
Oh you mean you want to pay us for him?!
3 Posted 19/03/2017 at 18:27:33
4 Posted 19/03/2017 at 18:44:54
5 Posted 19/03/2017 at 19:11:19
6 Posted 19/03/2017 at 19:40:33
Depends if McGeady is prepared to forego a year of big wages (£40k a guess) and take a reduction. He will be on a lot less at Preston.
We will find out if at 30 he's prepared to play no part for big wages.
7 Posted 19/03/2017 at 19:45:48
8 Posted 19/03/2017 at 20:03:22
That way he is free to get a good signing on fee off his new club, the way he has been playing I imagine more than PNE will be interested in him.
9 Posted 19/03/2017 at 21:09:57
10 Posted 19/03/2017 at 23:23:15
11 Posted 20/03/2017 at 02:54:30
Maybye realising he's approaching 30 and running out of time has also helped, but can't help feeling he's the sort of creative asset coming off the bench that would have helped us at times this season. As I say, best of luck, but also tempered with a touch of anger that he couldn't sort himself out earlier, and help the club who rescued him from the Russian reserve league to play in the world's Premier competition.
12 Posted 20/03/2017 at 07:43:53
13 Posted 19/03/2017 at 08:46:16
1. Clear out deadwood: Hibbert, Gibson, Pienaar, Oviedo, Osman, Howard.
2. Put those not playing on loan to put them in shop window to get rid or get them some game time to stake their place: Deulofeu, Cleverley, Tarashaj, Niasse, Browning, Rodriguez, McAleny, Grant, Galloway, McGeady.
3. Realise value from those who want to go: Stones – £47.5M thanks very much Citeeh (again)
4. Sign some talent to add to the squad:
Gueye – Our 'Kante' in the midfield (An absolute animal – deal of the century!)
Bolasie – pace + directness (Looked promising before injury)
Williams – proven Premier League experience at the back (Solid cover at the back)
Schneiderlein – Genuine class in midfield and successor to Barry
Lookman – Sought-after young striking talent
Calvert-Lewin – see above!
Valencia – stop gap forward signing + maybe a trial (he's done okay).
5. Give some of the youth a proper chancer: New recruits Calvert-Lewin and Lookman are both being given a good shot, but it's Davies that's obviously been the highlight
6. Make Goodison a fortress: Check. We've got the best home form in the league right now and the clean-sheets are awesome
7. Increase ruthlessness in front of goal: Seems to be working right now, we're on a hell of a roll.Obviously Lukaku is the sharp edge, so we need to keep him and the only way to do that is to demonstrate ambition.
8.Sort out the stadium: I'll hold judgement on this till something actually happens, but it does seem very promising in that the plan on the table is something we actually want AND there's money in a way Kenwright could never find.
9. Demonstrate ambition to keep the best players: So this is the crux of it now. IF we buy well AND keep Lukaku, Barkley AND Koeman then surely we're going to be in amongst the battle for top 4 next season. For me we need a top class central defender (Jags is on his way down), a creative midfield talent and a striking option to offer a real alternative from Lukaku. We have potential in the youth, so I think spending bigger on those 3 would make sense.
10. Get into Europe and then the Champions League: 7th looks very likely (and with it likely Europa), 5th/6th is not inconceivable if Arsenal wobble continues, hell even 4th isn't impossible but needs a lot of favours. Getting into the Europa league and close to the Champions League with belief we can push on next year is
11. Finally win something!!! I'd love to see us taking the title, but silverware of any type is long overdue – maybe we can give the Carling and FA Cup a proper go next time?
14 Posted 20/03/2017 at 08:47:39
With the turmoil surrounding Derby recently, it was revealed that most of the 1st team squad average around £35k a week...
15 Posted 20/03/2017 at 08:47:48
Agree we should get him off the wage bill but we should also get a fee regardless off the amount even if its 20 quid. Give it to charity doesn't matter.
I doubt any other Club would offer us a player for nothing, never mind the daft idea of US paying THEM to take someone off our hands!
16 Posted 20/03/2017 at 15:13:43
The Championship is the right level for a player who was nowhere near good enough for a team aspiring to be in the top half of the Premier League. Even Martinez wrote him off after his first half at Barnsley in August 2015.
17 Posted 20/03/2017 at 16:35:55
Let's not indulge in insults. Won't win us any favours, nor points.
He's not once spoken out of place.
Off ya pop Aiden.
Enjoy your time at PNE the original "Invincibles".
Fine club, fine history.
Enjoy yourself and thrill them lad !
18 Posted 20/03/2017 at 17:16:57
But since World Cup 2018 is his last crack at getting into his national team, I'd guess that will factor into his decision.
19 Posted 20/03/2017 at 20:39:27
20 Posted 21/03/2017 at 15:05:05
"It is possible he may want to negotiate his contract and take a percentage of what he is entitled to.
That way he is free to get a good signing on fee off his new club, the way he has been playing I imagine more than PNE will be interested in him."
21 Posted 21/03/2017 at 19:57:10
Difficult to guess the standard in the Scottish Premier League and judge prices.
22 Posted 21/03/2017 at 21:10:39
Add Your Comments
In order to post a comment, you need to be logged in as a registered user of the site.
Or Sign up as a ToffeeWeb Member — it's free, takes just a few minutes and will allow you to post your comments on articles and Talking Points submissions across the site.