Split screen

by   |   15/08/2017  23 Comments  [Jump to last]

With 48 hours to go, I can't find a broadcaster who's taken the option for the Split game. If no mainstream broadcaster has it, what are the options?

On a wider point, it begs two questions a) if not, why not? and b) does EFC have the option to broadcast it at, say, £5/£10 a shot?

And to add to the mix, if it looks like we're hanging in the balance after the first leg, how quickly will the rights for the away leg be picked up? Not that I'm paranoid, like...

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (23)

Lyndon Lloyd
1 Posted 15/08/2017 at 20:48:07
The home leg is on BT Sport (not that that's mainstream) and the away leg has been picked up by ITV again, I think, Guy.
Sam Hoare
2 Posted 16/08/2017 at 09:35:18
Are we sure home leg is on BT sport? I heard someone say that yesterday but still struggling to find it confirmed on their website
Simon Smith
3 Posted 16/08/2017 at 10:26:45
Just checked my sky EPG still nothing listed on BT SPORT about our game but have also heard rumours it will be on there from friends.
Fingers crossed as no chance of getting to either game !
Guy Hastings
4 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:18:25
My local which covers everything from underwater sky diving to the Latvian hopscotch league can't find a trace of it in their listings. BT have contract for group stages onwards but this one is free to bid for, I gather.
James Hughes
5 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:22:57
I am with BT and they are showing Bundesliga review tomorrow at the scheduled kick off time. If they are showing the game , they ain't updated their listings yet
Guy Hastings
6 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:27:54
As I say, if BT don't have it, can't EFC stream it for a few quid?
Gordon Crawford
7 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:33:31
It's not on Bt sport. It's in the papers today that itv and bt have options to pick it up, but so far have not made a decision.
It's an absolute disgrace.
James Hughes
8 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:53:42
Guy that seems to be a sensible solution, I can't imagine the club won't have the game screened somehow.
Guy Hastings
9 Posted 16/08/2017 at 11:57:28
Gordon - maybe BT's programme buyer watched our previous two Europa outings.
Matt Gwyer
10 Posted 16/08/2017 at 12:17:15
Hey all, I know not best sources but the mirror claim it will be on bt sport but they will be streaming the game via their app not on the tele.

Kevy Quinn
11 Posted 16/08/2017 at 12:56:27
Bein Sports are showing it so if you have access to a dodgey stream your ok. Although I pay for BT but when my year is up it's getting cancelled. I can't recall watching any Everton games on it and they have none in their 1st batch of televised games. I assumed they would be showing as they have all the rights?
Clive Rogers
12 Posted 16/08/2017 at 14:30:05
Doh, I've had to buy a ticket. Ah well!
Gordon Crawford
13 Posted 16/08/2017 at 16:28:36
Point taking guy. In all seriousness this needs sorted.
Gordon Crawford
14 Posted 16/08/2017 at 17:44:26
Latest update is that it's not going to happen.
Ray Roche
15 Posted 16/08/2017 at 17:47:13
The game is being shown on the Everton Youtube site. It's on the Everton Official website now
Gordon Crawford
16 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:06:44
Will that's good to hear.
Dermot Byrne
17 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:10:25
If you want to pressurise ITV to show demand, Link
Dermot Byrne
18 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:11:26
Sorry viewerservices@itv.com
Guy Hastings
19 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:19:35
Spared the agony of Michael bloody Owen, at least - the aural equivalent of eating a packet of unbuttered cream crackers.
Jay Wood
20 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:32:58
As Ray Roche points out above, official club site now saying the game is available live on YouTube for all:

LinkLink

Jay Wood
21 Posted 16/08/2017 at 18:32:58

LinkLink

Simon Smith
22 Posted 17/08/2017 at 13:11:32
So just when we thought we had got all palley with the media bigwigs they kick us in the groin and put us back in our place!
I bet if this had been Arsenal or dare I say that lot across the park it would have been on prime time TV for all to see.
I've said it before if I could buy a TV season ticket and thought it was going to be a reliable stream I would jump at the chance but I suppose this time I will have to make do with the YouTube feed and not some dodgy Internet feed.
Dermot Byrne
23 Posted 17/08/2017 at 13:36:09
Simon #22: I posted this on another thread. FYI.

Re TV. Just so you know, got this reply from ITV 4: "We won't be showing the match tomorrow as it clashes with the existing schedule but the second leg on 24 August will be live on ITV4."