Carlo Ancelotti

by   |   28/09/2017  24 Comments  [Jump to last]

Ok, ToffeeWebbers, simple question: would you take Mr Ancelotti at our great club?

Here's a man that simply wins them shiny things that we all crave at L4. With a great European pedigree, having worked for some of the elite clubs around Europe, and he knows the Premier League due to his time at Chelsea.

Personally, for me, I'd have him in a heartbeat. Koeman has showed very little at this point and the "project" doesn't look good, does it? Let's get him in before someone else snaps up this fantastic manager. Over to you, Mr Moshiri!

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (24)

Eddie Dunn
1 Posted 28/09/2017 at 18:59:11
He is a winner, with a great record, but when was the last time he managed a club without great resources?
Colin Glassar
2 Posted 28/09/2017 at 19:05:40
Good point Eddie. The elite coaches e.g. Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancellotti, Conte etc also have had elite budgets throughout their careers.

I'd give him a season at Tranmere first to see if he cuts the mustard.

Barry McNally
3 Posted 28/09/2017 at 19:55:01
Love Ancelotti but has he lost his way?
Andy Crooks
4 Posted 28/09/2017 at 19:59:32
Peter, we have a coach. Whether you or I like it, he is not going to be leaving soon.
Sean Patton
5 Posted 28/09/2017 at 22:02:15
Take him over that Dutch clown?

Everyday of the week I don't think he would come here but we lose nothing in sounding him out.

Brian Murray
6 Posted 29/09/2017 at 03:33:53
I know sounds a bit twisted but not Ancelotti. It would only give the shite yet another reason to bring up that Istanbul shit again and again plus every last ex-kopite no doubt.
Ian Hollingworth
7 Posted 29/09/2017 at 04:16:12
Lol do you really think he would consider us?
Derek Thomas
8 Posted 29/09/2017 at 05:47:41
Ancellotti the Manager? I'd take the Ancellotti that used to make bespoke exhausts for Lambrettas...supposed to increase speed, H.P. and all round performance.
Colin Metcalfe
9 Posted 29/09/2017 at 06:18:57
Ian, if you think that's funny, take a look at this morning's papers linking him with the West Ham job
John Pickles
10 Posted 29/09/2017 at 09:23:57
How many U23 Winner's Trophies does he have to his name?
James Power
11 Posted 29/09/2017 at 09:55:33
What about Steven Seagal? He is organised, disciplined and doesn't take any shit. Hard to kill and has a big presence.
Paul Ward
12 Posted 29/09/2017 at 11:26:14
We have had second rate managers at this club for nearly 30 years, so why do you think it will change. Beware, if Ancelotti was tempted it would be because he could not get another job with a top team.

Whoever takes over then we could play the TW game of "Hang the manager" if he is not top 4 in a year.

James Hughes
13 Posted 29/09/2017 at 11:38:16
Andy is right: Ronald Koeman is not leaving any time soon, unless he chooses to.

It was dire again last night and only got slightly better when he put on Calvert-Lewin as a Number 9. Rooney was in his own half most of the time so we had no outlet.

Last night's excuse is the team were scared to play. Well you send them out what are you telling them?

Tony Abrahams
14 Posted 29/09/2017 at 11:46:17
Hang the manager if he's not in the top four? I think that fans always want the manager to do well, but can usually see when it's not happening Paul.
Peter Gorman
15 Posted 29/09/2017 at 11:50:07
Paul, I think you've misread the tone of criticism quite badly. The problem is not that we are outside the top 4 but don't look even remotely like getting top 4 under Koeman.

Do some lines.

Michael Stevenson
16 Posted 29/09/2017 at 12:04:57
Paul, It's not about the top 4. We'll be lucky to be outside the bottom 4 under Koeman. Can you think of 3 teams that are worse than Everton right now? I imagine even Palace would fancy their chances at home to the team 8th place in the Cypriot league (especially if they were down to 10 men ).

The issue is that there's no sign whatsoever that things are going to improve. Even under Moyes or Martinez there was always a faint 'glimmer' of hope tormenting us in the distance. There's nothing with this guy.

We need to get shut now before it's too late.

Ian Burns
17 Posted 29/09/2017 at 12:58:46
Peter, I'm not sure Ancelotti is the answer although I take your point and why you have asked the question. I think Ancelotti has peaked and we don't want somebody on the downward path of their managerial career.

However, to the other side of your question, do I want Koeman gone – yes I do and have been advocating this since the Atalanta debacle. I also have to say I was never a supporter of Koeman in the first instance although I was happy to give him time and support.

I think we need to take a deep breath; promote Unsworth with Duncan Ferguson as his assistant and let him run until the end of the year. In this way this is less of a gamble and if doesn't work out, the club has time to consider its options rather than a knee jerk by appointing Ancelotti – even if he would come!

Phil Gardner
18 Posted 29/09/2017 at 13:52:38
Koeman is going nowhere; get used to him. Moshiri absolutely loves him...
James Power
19 Posted 29/09/2017 at 17:34:58
I don't know why nobody is interested in Steven Seagal - think outside the box. He would batter Ancelotti as well.
Nicholas Ryan
20 Posted 29/09/2017 at 17:54:51
That Portuguese bloke at Watford, is the answer!
Andy Crooks
21 Posted 29/09/2017 at 20:49:15
Paul, I doubt that many expect top four. But, even a remote sign would help.I would continue to support Koeman if I saw the slightest glimmer. My God, I have looked, even for a crumb; there is nothing, not a fucking thing.

You know something, I believe the Everton job turned Martinez mad. I fear that Koeman was mad before he got here.

Paul Hewitt
22 Posted 29/09/2017 at 23:51:06
Tuchell for me. But it looks like Bayern want him.
Robin Cannon
23 Posted 30/09/2017 at 05:00:34
A man who's won Serie A, Ligue 1, the Premier League, the Bundesliga, the Coppa Italia, the FA Cup, the World Club Cup twice the Champions' League three times.

But thus being ToffeeWeb, we have comments along the lines of "I'm not sure he's the right answer for us". Or that, at four years older than Koeman, "he's on the downward path".

Not that I think he'd be interested even if we had a vacancy, but seriously?

Laurie Hartley
24 Posted 30/09/2017 at 05:55:34
Phil (#18) – he'll fall out of love with him quickly if we are looking down the barrel going into the Christmas games.

Ancellotti – if I had just got the bullet and someone offered me £6m a year and that squad I think I be having a chat at least.

Regarding the Watford manager – interesting interview in today's Times.