Tony Pulis for the Blues

by   |   23/11/2017  21 Comments  [Jump to last]

It's time to get real. Pulis is available. Everton are in freefall. Film-star managers for Everton are not a possibility.

Unsy's time is over. If the board don't act now, we will become a football irrelevance.

Get Pulis now!

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (21)

Ralph Basnett
1 Posted 24/11/2017 at 06:06:19
Knee-jerk reactions don't help the cause, Harry.

Yes, it was another embarrassing defeat but what Pulis can bring is no better than what Unsworth is doing and he is failing at that!!!!!

Chad Schofield
2 Posted 24/11/2017 at 06:28:57
Ha x 1,000,000,000
Alan McGuffog
3 Posted 24/11/2017 at 08:46:38
Harry you are so right. I have never, in my 64 years seen a more inept and gutless Everton side. We have blown an immense amount of cash on very mediocre players. We have no striker. Our players cannot pass and move. These much vaunted "stars of the future" from the academy? Mmm. We are heading into the Championship.

Opinions like ours will be sneered at on here but I would take Pulis in a flash. Do I like his style of football? No. Will he keep us up more than likely.

As you said we are not going to get a huge name to manage us .we couldn't even entice the manager of Watford. Watford, ffs.

Trevor Peers
4 Posted 24/11/2017 at 09:45:08
We need a life saver, Kenwright's romantic 'Everton in the Community' notion, of having an all-scouse or ex-Everton management team is over, shattered into a thousand pieces. Last night proved that, we capitulated and it will happen again and again.

We need an experienced fire fighter, an organiser or we're going down. The defense is a shambles and needs sorting out, we need to act quickly otherwise defeats will come thick and fast, starting with Southampton on Sunday.

Take your pick as to who that may be, there are a few available, but for once, do it quickly Everton.

Ray Robinson
5 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:09:23
Why on Earth appoint Pulis when he presided over a possibly even worse loss of form than our own? If WBA, with lesser ambition than ours, didn't think he can save them from relegation, why on God's earth would we think he could save us?

I am guessing this post is a wind-up. I would seriously think of handing my season ticket back in if this guy, whose side rarely venture across the halfway line, were to be appointed.

Joe Ainsworth
6 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:30:35
Pulis, in his snide trackie, baseball cap and gleaming white trainers combo, looks like a pub-team manager done up to the nines for a county cup final. The football his teams play lives down to that image as well. The only advantage he's got over Allardyce is he's never been filmed with a tablecloth tucked into his shirt collar while swigging down a pint of pinot noir and negotiating his next bung.

The appointment of either would see me hurling abuse via a megaphone from the Upper Gwladys until they were forcibly removed, in Allardyce's case by one of those giant cranes down at Seaforth Dock.

However the real madness lies in the bewildering volume of support for David Unsworth. A glorified youth coach with zero experience in the job, whose only qualification seems to be the ability to pound his own ribcage into dust through his quilted jacket.

Hopefully last night's execrable performance will put paid to the bewildering notion that he was a realistic candidate but, seriously, what were people thinking in the first place?

Andy Walker
7 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:30:39
This is a wind-up.
Dennis Stevens
8 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:33:14
If we appoint such as Pulis or Allardyce, we'll be sealing our fate as relegation certainties, imo, & it'll be fully deserved.
Jay Wood
9 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:40:45
Appoint the guy who has just been sacked by a team BELOW a hugely inept Everton in the Premier League, two points worse off than us? Great call, Harry.

First time I've seen your name on TW. Plenty of wind-up toys available in the shops for Xmas, Harry. Suits you, sir.

Ray Roche
10 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:50:40
Tony Pulis? I would sooner put my dick in a blender.
Brian Harrison
11 Posted 24/11/2017 at 15:55:42
Ray,

Not sure which is the most painful – having Pulis as manager or doing what you said if he is appointed.

Ray Robinson
12 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:04:11
Brian, I thought you meant me until I realised you were replying to the other Ray. Handing your season ticket in is far less painful and a reversible process!
Ed Fitzgerald
13 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:08:45
What fucking nonsense!
Brian Williams
14 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:16:21
Harry. Go and have a lie down ffs.
Tommy Carter
15 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:32:39
I would rather we got relegated than appoint Allardyce or Pulis as manager. Honestly. I would rather that happened and we then appointed a manager to bring us back up with a long term plan for excellence.

I don't know who this could or should be, but I do not get paid fortunes to identify this.

Believe me, this has been coming for years and the goals of Lukaku and brilliance of Barkley worked to disguise it to an extent.

Jason Wilkinson
16 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:42:05
Unsworth. Not cutting the mustard.

Fat Sam. Ruled himself out of the running .

Simeone. Wants to come for the money in his bank.

Louis van Gaal. No thanks

Moyes. Blowing bubbles

Silva. Why would he come?

Ralf. Paper talk surely?

Pulis. Sorry Tony we've seen your style at Stoke and West Bromwich. I would rather we played in the Conference than watch that, so stay no further north than Crewe, please.

Brian Harrison
17 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:45:49
I think that Silva is still the main choice of Moshiri, and in his press conferences Silva still won't commit to Watford beyond the Newcastle game.

There was also a rumour today that Watford's Italian owners would appoint Ventura, the sacked Italian manager, if Silva goes to Everton. I am sure there has been a lot of discussion between Moshiri and Silva's agent and maybe Watford want to make sure their target will sign if Silva resigns.

Either that or it's cap in hand to Allardyce and they are waiting to get the Southampton game out of the way, so he has 2 home games on the bounce to turn things around.

Mark Tanton
18 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:46:25
I'm starting to think it will be Silva. He hasn't committed himself to Watford, Moshiri wants him and has said today he is close to getting the new manager. He was also being uncharacteristically coy about the issue. I think it's been going on behind the scenes, and the money is nearly agreed.
Jim Lloyd
19 Posted 24/11/2017 at 16:51:19
Hang on a minute. Harry's got a right to some respect for offering his opinion. If there's a disagreement regarding the managerial talents, then say it why. If Harry's been going for getting on 70 years, he must have seen some rubbish, as well as the relatively few great years. He's felt upset and angry enough to post on here.

So he's not posted before, so bloody what! He's a fellow Evertonian, obviously hurting and has a view that we are sailing very close to the wind. He could be right in that.

Paul Birmingham
21 Posted 26/11/2017 at 09:25:22
It won't happen. It would make our forefather whom have passed away turn in their graves as surely the current demise is doing also. I'd take Dyche, get back to basics and another 18 months the club may be stable and playing some decent football with confidence restored.

Reality is I don't know whom will take over but I'm hoping soon the board will make an announcement. Then perhaps further power struggles in the board room, ie, Steve Walsh, choice of new manager may not suite all the board room.

This saga needs an end soon. The next month, our fixtures will put this team in its place, for sure unless the team has a personality change, that is the squad acts and plays like a football squad and not a load of over hyped and over paid gutless and spineless shirkers.

Rant over that's the way it's been for yonks in this club. The Derby could set all time records of the wrong type hence we need the new manager ASAP.

Eddy Mason
22 Posted 26/11/2017 at 09:42:58
O’Neill is now odds on favourite.