More than a spat

by   |   12/03/2018  70 Comments  [Jump to last]

I've always thought that ex-Liverpool players have an unhealthy representation on all football programmes - and frankly I'm sick of seeing them.

Having watched Jamie Carragher spit at a 14 year old girl because her dad was gently teasing him over United's 2-1 win I find too much.

No insults. No swearing. Just "2-1 Jamie lad. Hard luck" is what I saw on the clip that I watched. He didn't have to roll down his window. He didn't have to engage with the family. And he certainly didn't have to gob all over a kid.

This guy's a role model? For who? The BNP?

I've written to Sky saying that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and he should go. Carragher was way over the top and should now pay the price for his stupidity.

And if there's once less kopite on TV - happy days.

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (70)

Neil Wood
1 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:07:55
Asking yourself the question of where you sit in this kind of situation often depends on your personal experiences of similar incidents.

Spitting is often seen as the lowest of the low, yet ever too often we see this somewhat archaic form of assault on our streets or television screens.

He's a Red. Despite his proclaimed love for the blues whilst growing up, he's a red and not ashamed to make reference to it. But should this cloud our view, opinion and assessment of what he's done? I deplore and feel saddened at this kind of story, often made worse by the realisation that these "men" are idols for some, heroes and people strongly looked up to by so many.

However, we often see these incidents from an element of bias and as a result people's lives, careers and reputations are often destroyed by such instant stupidity along with their families lives.

Whilst punishment is inevitable, surely even as Evertonians we should remind ourselves that we aren't flawless, we aren't without periods of controversy and are we as a result able to judge a man who essentially appears to have made a massive judgement error.

What happened before? What drove him to this reaction and what is behind it all? Whilst the action of spitting will not be forgiven, certainly by some, the reaction may be somewhat dampened by a realisation of facts. Facts that no one actually has.

I ask the question why , on a motorway is the driver of the car trying to get the attention of another. Why in addition to this we are not looking at the fact a man is also driving whilst using his mobile phone to film a celebrity. Owing to the use of mobile phones, lives are taken daily on our roads destroying families. I am pretty confident that spitting at someone is as potentially life threatening yet we strive for the drama of the story.

Verdict. Guilty and a clearly disgusting act. But prior to taking reactive decisions about someone's future, sit back and think about things logically.

Steve Wissett
2 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:08:51
Lowest of the Low, should be removed from his Sky tv role.
David Graves
3 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:24:44
It was shocking behaviour that cannot be condoned in any way but don't believe for a second that the clip you have seen was all that went on.

Brent Stephens
4 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:37:12
What else went on, David?
Jay Woods

5 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:41:22
A very scummy thing to do, but he's only human and was being sorely provoked (yet should have rolled with it). He should be suspended without pay for a while, but not fired... unless he does it again.
Gary Mortimer
6 Posted 12/03/2018 at 17:56:27
I could understand a tirade of Anglo-Saxon invective... but gobbing at someone is just totally unacceptable. He's paid a lot of money to air his views on TV, but he's also got to be able to rise above being goaded.

Only the other week a load of Scottish fans had a long run in with Eddie Jones and his reaction? He did his best to ignore them and get where he was going. That's how you handle it.

Brent Stephens
7 Posted 12/03/2018 at 18:08:04
Liverpool fans forums now likely to have a "spit" button for when they don't like a post.
Ray Roche
8 Posted 12/03/2018 at 18:08:52
Carragher IS being kept on by Sky. In fact he's fixing a new dish on my house tomorrow.
Brian Williams
9 Posted 12/03/2018 at 18:16:13
WTF's it doing on here anyway?
Dave Speed
10 Posted 12/03/2018 at 18:32:54
Spitting, which has crept into the Premier League from abroad, and thankfully crept back out again, has caused trouble between players, especially British players who were sickened by it.

When Andy Gray and Richard Keys (I think) were caught making sexist comments about a lady assistant referee they were sacked by Sky. I agreed with it as I agree that Carragher should be sacked too.

Dermot Byrne
12 Posted 12/03/2018 at 18:50:04
In the end, aside from behavioural issues that I don't care about in this yucky football industry anymore, there is just the simple joy of seeing any red in the shit. Regards, Deep Thinking D
Colin Glassar
13 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:06:54
I’ve seen the video, listened to his “apology”. I think he’s overstepped the mark and should be sacked. That wasn’t a normal spit, that was a full blown yocker. Dirty swine.
Trevor Powell
14 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:10:28
Imagine being at a game at Anfield and watching our boys lose! You are walking back to the coach and you saw Carragher heading for the exec car park. He can't resist a smug Kopite dig at you and your friends. You retaliate by spitting him over his new suit and its seen on video.

What would Carragher do?

1. Report an assault to the police? Highly likely!
2. Denounce you on his next Sky appearance or on TalkSport? Definitely!
3. Sue you for a new top of the range suit and the inconvenience plus the traumatic affect on him and his relatives? Definitely!
4. Find out where you work and denounce you to your boss? Probably!

So why does he think he can fob this off with a casual apology of an apology?

He's a Spitting Has-been In Trouble

Ray Robinson
15 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:12:22
Indefensible behaviour and probably has to be released by Sky but moral high ground being taken by lots of people, some of whom might have defended him if he hadn't turned red. I'm a bit uncomfortable with all this to be honest.

I'm not defending him, spitting like that is vile, just feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. According to a mate who has met him several times, he's generally considered to be a thoroughly decent bloke. We have all done something for which we are ashamed afterwards.

Ray Said
16 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:13:14
He has previous form for assault in 2008- see the link. This was also described as a 'roadside incident.
Rob Halligan
17 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:15:34
Carragher said himself that what he did was the lowest of the low. Well he's not wrong there. In fact he played for the lowest of the low club with the lowest of the low fans, who the red echo think, by the way, are one of the greatest fans in the world because they were singing some song whilst being kept behind at Old Trafford last Saturday.

That club and its players and fans have brought nothing but shame to the city of Liverpool and the unfortunate thing is us blues always get as much abuse thrown at us as what they do because of things that club does. You only have to read the letters pages in the various newspapers covering the Carragher story today. A lot of comments saying "Vile Scousers this" and "Vile Scousers that".

Call me bitter, I don't give a toss. I hate that club and its vile players, ex players and fans so much and as Dermot says, it's fucking great seeing anyone connected to that club in the shit.

John Charles
18 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:22:29
The man's an idiot. Quite happy to dole it out. Forever goading evertonians but can't take it back. One less RS on telly, no matter what the reason, can only be a good thing.
Eddie Dunn
19 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:24:46
He should be used to annoying comments -he's been in the public eye for years. Add up all of the pundits, all of the players playing, the managers and the ex-players and how many similar instances have been reported?
He fucked-up and now he has to face the consequences.
On the actual incident, we must remember that saliver carries all sorts of germs and potential bugs. It is classed as assault.
Phil Sammon
20 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:27:21
Scumbag reaction from Carragher but the divvy goading him isn't any better. He's got himself to blame for getting his 14-year-old daughter spat at.

“2-1, Jamie, 2-1.” I suppose it was all worth it for such a cleverly crafted taunt. Aren't football fans great.

Anthony Murphy
21 Posted 12/03/2018 at 19:57:20
Always the first to dish out sly digs – not able to take it when someone has a go back – sounds just like loads of my red nose mates.
Eric Paul
22 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:09:09
How can anyone defend spitting in the face of anyone, not least a 14-year-old girl – no matter what the provocation? It is the act of a coward. I noticed he put his foot down as soon as he did it.
Garry Richards
23 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:17:00
I remember his "hilarious" pissing under the table story on "League of their Own". I thought then that he was just a lowlife in a smart suit and today's disgusting display is just further evidence. Thank god he was tempted across the park.
Kevin Jones
24 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:25:44
When I saw the picture of him spitting I honestly thought he'd spat water at the car, but now I've seen the video what a vile bastard. When the car stopped at the lights The bloke should have got out and fucking chinned him.

And yes, Ray, we've all done things we're ashamed of, but it's normally 'cause your rat-arsed, but even then I've never spat at a 14-year-old girl. Liverpool will probably have special T Shirts made for Saturday.

Ernie Baywood
25 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:32:26
I don't think anyone will defend that footage. It's pretty disgusting stuff.

He'll probably lose his job. Not because a bunch of people are "outraged" but because when you're in an incredibly fortunate position your employer can expect a certain standard of behavior. This was a mile short of that.

It did occur to me that the tendency to be a horrible person when it comes to your team losing probably is something we could do with.

Paul Kelly
26 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:34:39
Well said, Rob.
Jackie Barry
27 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:36:22
He should lose his job, deserves to, you or I did that and our employer found out, we'd be shown the door.
David Barks
28 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:44:29
So let me understand, spit out your car window at someone and you should lose your job? It's unacceptable.

Get done for drinking and driving and these pages were flooded with people saying it was no big deal and no serious punishment is necessary. Got it.

Des Farren
29 Posted 12/03/2018 at 20:49:26
Why would Sky retain him? There are plenty of gobshites who don't spit at people, looking for work.

It would be difficult for them to justify.

Vinny Garstrokes
30 Posted 12/03/2018 at 21:38:05
I just watched the 13-minute Sky interview with him on YouTube where he looked chastened, chastised and close to tears – I remain on the fence as to whether this is sackable.

But what did take me by surprise was when the interviewer spoke about Twitter and then showed some tweets by those paragons of virtue, Vinnie Jones and Joey Barton. Was this just to get a reaction to keep the debate going? I ask myself...

Ray Jacques
31 Posted 12/03/2018 at 21:51:56
Rob (#17) lovely post.

I live near Manchester and one of my neighbours works at Old Trafford.

When I spoke to her on Saturday morning about the match, her only thought was that they would once again be fitting new toilets and basins on Monday as every year the so-called "best and most knowledgeable fans in the world" will have pulled them off the wall and trashed their part of the stadium.

"Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything" rather sums them and Carragher up very well. He is only contrite because he will be off the Sky gravy train and no-one else will now touch him.

Brent Stephens
32 Posted 12/03/2018 at 21:58:08
No word of a lie. Just watching a programme on Ken Dodd who died today. One of his jokes in the programme (alluding to his teeth) – "I was going to play for Liverpool but couldn't spit far enough"!!!

I kid you not.

Colin Glassar
33 Posted 12/03/2018 at 21:59:32
Hey Carra,

You're just another prick in the wall.

Geoffery Cadman
34 Posted 12/03/2018 at 21:59:37
What a disgusting thing to do to a child. Carragher deserves to be sacked. When you browse Everton News Now, hardly a day goes by, without some Mickey Take, or negative comment penned by Carragher. When watching Everton games on Sky Sports, his obvious bias spoils the enjoyment.

He broke 2 commandments, the 11th “He got Caught”. The 12th He obviously can't take it, like most Kopites, so should stop dishing it out. No doubt, the father of the girl he spat at should never have filmed it while driving. So Deserves everything he gets too.

Kristian Boyce
35 Posted 12/03/2018 at 22:18:49
I’ve actually been spat on by him, but this was about 20 years ago in Cyprus and it wasn’t vindictive. I was staying in the same hotel as him and had a few drinks with him and his crew (which bizarrely included Mike Dixon from Brookside) a number of evenings during our stay.

After a few bevvies his squeaky high pitches voice included large amounts of flem. I got a full earful while he was explaining he still was a blue even though he’d just recently broken in the RS first team. My huge RS supporting mate did even up the wetness factor a little later by landing an extremely wet kiss on his cheek during a photo.

Andrew Clare
36 Posted 12/03/2018 at 22:24:27
Very sad . Another football person letting themselves down. There’s no way back after behaviour like that.
Anton Walsh
37 Posted 12/03/2018 at 22:26:53
On a slightly different note. The driver of the car must be thinking or at least been told that he jumped the gun.

He would have been given a blank cheque to show this only to Carra's representative and forget it ever happened. Like an out-of-court settlement. But a hush one.

Phil Sammon
38 Posted 12/03/2018 at 22:57:41
Kristian (#35),

Interesting story. I'm surprised Carragher hasn't used that as his defence.

What we witnessed was Carragher merely engaging in polite conversation with the man and his daughter.

Kevin Jones
39 Posted 12/03/2018 at 23:00:21
Just on the Liverpool website . An official spokesman of the club speaking from Norway has made the following statement.

“ Obviously it looks bad, but as usual everyone has got it wrong. We’ve now discovered that Jamie is actually descended from a rare tribe of Papuan New Quinea Pygmys, so rare most of them are nearly 6 ft, where its actually a term of endearment, or agreement in another persons point of view, to offer them some of your saliva whilst snarling and making an angry face. So just so everyone knows 100%. that he WAS actually expressing his gratitude to the young girl who got a gob full, and there is no way it was meant to be anything else other than a thank you”

He went on to say

“We are now in the process of producing red and white cards for the gobshites, sorry Kopites, to hold above the heads at our next game. Which will be Jamie’s face with the logo reading 23 Bellend”

Regards Olof YNFA Erickson

James Hopper
40 Posted 12/03/2018 at 23:25:10
This is really simple.

I don’t care who he played for and what supposed “provocation” there was, he’s being paid a princely sum to be able to take goading and criticism. He’s failed and managed to spit in the face of a 14 year old girl. Not only should he be sacked, but he should be on a charge. If I had video evidence of someone doing that to me in the street, I’d be straight to the police station with it.

To those saying the father shouldn’t have tormented him, or that he put the girl in harms way, you disgust me aswell. Winding my window down to give a bit of childish abuse to a former footballer isn’t my style personally but nor does the provocation deserve the reaction.

George Stuart
41 Posted 12/03/2018 at 23:32:45
I cannot believe anyone is defending this person let alone on this forum. Biased low life scum who can dish it our but cant take it. Sums them all up really.

No wonder he was contrite, How much do these guys get paid ? A million over three years ? For commenting ? Never mind he'll get a job errrr . Working in the back room for the RS.

They lost a league game to a great rival not particularly much at stake. A close game, away, at that. Not good enough, spit at the goaders.

When in 1985 we lost to the same team at Wembley, who spent the majority of the game clogging our superior team, we were denied a unique treble; a rough house blue on our coach stood up and entreated the whole coach to "sing, sing. Don't let them know you are gutted". We sang two out of three aint bad all the way home.

That was a person with class though Ill never meet him again.

George Stuart
42 Posted 12/03/2018 at 23:37:34
It's just been reported here in Australia that "Internet Experts" from the Liverpool Football Supporters club have been trawling through back posts and have found that the girl in question posted anti gay posts on Facebook back in 2007.

So that's alright then, Jamie.

Kevin Tully
43 Posted 13/03/2018 at 00:16:48
Just watching Carragher self-flagellating on TV.

The reason? Money and fame. Fuck him, the vile gobshite.

Dennis Stevens
44 Posted 13/03/2018 at 00:24:52
Aye, Carragher the Gobshite who got caught gobbing!
Tony McNulty
45 Posted 13/03/2018 at 08:22:46
Has anyone ever heard this man provide a single insight which helps you better understand a game?

Everton are defending. So Carragher says, "Everton needs to attack now. Thee've gorra get into the opposition's half."

Everton are attacking. So Carragher says, "Thee've gorra watch thee don't lose the ball. The opposition can run down the other end."

A striker is going through a sticky patch. So Carragher says, "Strikers like to score goals..."

I have heard whoopee cushions providing better insights.

Colin Glassar
46 Posted 13/03/2018 at 08:35:29
Jeremy Vine (BBC) has started the ball rolling by saying the girl's father should be imprisoned for filming Carra while driving.

Don't be surprised if, once the RS-loving media start, the young girl, and her dad, are exiled to Botany Bay and Carra is sanctified by the Pope and knighted by the Queen.

Philip Braithwaite
47 Posted 13/03/2018 at 08:46:06
No need to worry about Jamie. Just been confirmed he is the host of the new series of Spitting Image. Perfect choice I would say!!
David Graves
48 Posted 13/03/2018 at 09:29:57
James & Gareth

Where have you read on here people defending his actions and who exactly "disgusts you"? What I have read is everybody clearly stating that Carragher's behaviour was appalling.

However if you're basing your observations on the 20 second clip presented by the Father then you are mistaken.

I actually believe Carragher when he says that there were several exchanges and that he was shocked at some of the language used and it is clear from the video that it wasn't the first exchange.

Carragher's getting suitably and deservedly criticised by every rationale thinking person but I also think that the father should be criticised for his actions too. In no way to the same extent as Carragher but that's not happening is it?

Guy Hastings
49 Posted 13/03/2018 at 09:31:28
Gob moves in mysterious ways its wonders to perform.
Liam Reilly
50 Posted 13/03/2018 at 09:50:52
There's a lot of Holy Joe's on here who've never done anything wrong.

I disliked him as a player but I think (bias aside) he's a good pundit. Sure he's a red but I've not heard him say anything derogatory about Everton on TV; if anything – the truth hurts, like:

- Everton have mental issue against the top six sides - correct
- The Everton players used to say hello and exchange niceties in the tunnel before a derby, when all he and his players could think about was getting on the field and getting stuck in
- His analysis of the Martinez thrashing in the Derbies was correct regarding the naivety of pushing the fullbacks too far forward

My personal opinion: I think it was a vile and disgusting act but also out of character, so I think a suspension and fine would be appropriate; but he'd better hope there's no more skeletons in his closet as the media will no doubt find them.

Paul Kelly
51 Posted 13/03/2018 at 09:54:55
Anyone castigating the father in this event should set it to one side, the only thing to focus on is this: an ex-RS holier-than-though dobbin-looking twat spat on an innocent 14-year-old girl. Nothing else to report, let's just focus on that.
David Graves
52 Posted 13/03/2018 at 09:56:46
Liam how about this from 2008;

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that a 30-year-old man (JC) from the Blundellsands area received a police caution for common assault in relation to an incident on Liverpool Road, Crosby, on Tuesday February 26.

Paul Kelly
53 Posted 13/03/2018 at 10:19:59
Liam, He Spat in the face of an innocent 14-year-old girl!!!!!!!! Focus on that!!!!! Scumbag!!!!!!

Works for that company which is 40% owned by the company that owns the paper that should not be named. No standards from the cunts.

Eddie Dunn
54 Posted 13/03/2018 at 10:46:05
David Graves, my understanding was that the several altercations had been from different people on his way home. Perhaps I missunderstood.

Whether some Liverpool FC people unearth some racist/homophobic views from the young girl is totally irrelevant as she was an innocent party in this.

I just watched Carra having a nice apologetic interview on BBC Sport. So kind of them to give him a platform. He should be sacked.

Steve Brown
55 Posted 13/03/2018 at 10:51:40
Dont condone what Carragher did - disgusting. But what an irresponsible dick that Manc was. Driving down a busy road at speed with family in the car and endangers them to wind down his window to shout abuse at a fellow motorist.

Apparently his wife was rightly furious with Carragher, but her toss-pot husband gets a pass?

Steve Brown
56 Posted 13/03/2018 at 11:23:42
George @ 42, if she posted anti-gay comments in 2007, then she would have done when she was three years old. A homophobic child prodigy then.
Brent Stephens
57 Posted 13/03/2018 at 11:53:55
LFC reds fans forums – pretty much all posts criticise Carra for spitting. Fair does to them.
James Hughes
58 Posted 13/03/2018 at 12:00:03
Wouldn't dream of defending the RS Gobshite over this. But the other guy needs a fine for his filming whist driving. Hope the pundit loses his job as it's just disgraceful behaviour.
Joe Bibb
59 Posted 13/03/2018 at 15:47:43
Sky have announced they will put spittoons in the studio and keep Jamie on.
James Hopper
60 Posted 13/03/2018 at 19:22:32
Liam 50.

You don’t have to be a “holy joe” to never have done anything wrong. Other than a couple of speeding tickets I haven’t done anything wrong. Do you know why? Common frigging decency.

Half your post is about Carragher relationship with Everton, which is wholly irrelevant and even mentioning it shows misguided thinking.

You’re entitled to your opinion on what his punishment should be, but the little suspension and a slap on the wrist you suggest only serves to tell me that you and I have very different ideas about what acceptable behaviour in polite society is.

James Hopper
61 Posted 13/03/2018 at 19:31:57
David Graves 48:

To address your points...

1. The likes of you. Looking for an angle or a subplot as if you want to be the one guy who knows the “full story.”

2. I am mistaken am I? Well aren’t I glad that I have such a font of knowledge as you around to correct me? Your ability to read what’s written and make informed judgements based upon said writings much be vastly superior to mine as to be able to draw more accurate conclusions. Thank you, oh swellhead.

3. I couldn’t give two shits about what happens to the father, filming while driving. People are stopped and prosecuted for using their phones in the car every day. This may come as a huge shock but it’s not something I stand around the office water cooler discussing! That being said, I’m sure he’ll get his come-uppance. The much bigger story is evident and I question why you would serve to deflect from that much bigger story - that of a teenaged girl being spat upon by a celebrity. It’s almost as if there’s an agenda at work there.

Ernie Baywood
62 Posted 13/03/2018 at 22:48:01
The cult of commentary (yes I said cult).

Everyone feels like they have to offer their insights on everything nowadays.

"I think the father shouldn't have..." FFS, he's a nobody! There are people doing stupid things all over the world right now. I'm sitting on the bog posting on ToffeeWeb during work hours... anyone want to provide some special comments on that?

Carragher is an ex footballer turned media pundit. He gets paid very, very well precisely because he has a public profile. Let's face it, it's not because he's a genius.

So my opinion on Carragher. Silly boy with a public profile did a disgusting thing - it's going to rightly cost him his job.

Darren Hind
63 Posted 14/03/2018 at 05:17:05
Looks like they are giving him lots of opportunities to apologise. I thought he was finished, now I think he will simply have a spell in the sin bin.
Liam Reilly
65 Posted 14/03/2018 at 09:21:08
A couple of speeding tickets; is that all James? I know a very young family that would disagree that speeding is decent, so yeah, we do disagree.
Phil Walling
66 Posted 14/03/2018 at 19:16:54
Can't believe the smarmy bastard got away with it. I think they must have excused him on the grounds that 'he did used to play for Liverpool, after all'!
Stephen Davies
67 Posted 14/03/2018 at 19:32:05
Phil (#66).

There were a number of offences he committed including Common Assault... however, that would involve the girl and father making a statement; this they didn't want to do.

There was of course the Public Order and driving offence which could have been proved solely by the video.

Brian Hennessy
68 Posted 14/03/2018 at 20:29:45
I don't normally take notice of statistics but I thought this one was interesting.

70% of Liverpool fans say they regularly have sex in the shower

The other 30% haven't been to prison yet.

Geoffery Cadman
69 Posted 15/03/2018 at 14:58:06
I have just watched a tribute show on Ken Dodd. This is priceless. When asked "What would you have done if you weren't a comedian?" Reply: "I was going to be a Footballer but I couldn't spit far enough."

Regarding a lot of the above comments. His Defence was he had been repeatedly goaded. This from the man who never misses a opportunity to take the piss out of Everton Fans.

Brent Stephens
70 Posted 15/03/2018 at 19:14:55
Geoffrey, yes and I think it was even better because I think he said "I was going to play for Liverpool but couldn't spit far enough"!!!

So he even spotted the relevant club!

Kim Vivian
71 Posted 16/03/2018 at 07:37:58
Haven't read all the posts on here but my, what a lot of hate and vitriol.

Indefensible behaviour by Carragher but, for what it's worth, I do not believe he spat at the daughter. He spat at the car, so to turn this into a "spat at an innocent teenager" type debate is off piste.

However, as I said, it is indefensible and the comparison with Eddie Jones is moot. But this is football we are talking about – where's the dignity these days?

Gentlemen's game played (and pundited) by hooligans was never truer.

Karen Mason
72 Posted 16/03/2018 at 13:05:55
Guy Hastings (#49). That's very very funny! :-) Some great scouse wit, matey.

Carragher clearly isn't intelligent enough to have given a witty reply. I could have forgiven him swearing or just putting 2 fingers up if he's not smart enough to banter, but in my book, spitting at anyone, is worse than punching them. Sorry but, an apology just doesn't do it.

Of course, the classy thing to do would have been to concentrate on his driving and ignore the jibes. But alas not. He has no class, no intelligence, and is generally useless as a pundit. So exactly how did he get the job with Sky??? Makes you wonder...