There have been many discussion threads and comments on TW over the years about the bias the BBC shows time and time again in favour of the RS. The latest one is on its website today I had to highlight as it's so obvious that it's an RS supporter behind it (Jagroop Shinbt, whoever he is. Have a look Twitter account which is completely devoid of meaning or humour). The whole tone of the article is snidey piss-taking about Everton and (to a lesser extent) Tottenham. The article is about football players who now play for teams who are rivals of the teams they supported as a kid (supposedly).

The lead pic is Digne who has 'I never walk alone' tattoed on his chest (what a dick). There follows three tweets from RS taking the piss, including about the fact that he was pictured with, er, red shoes.

Then, Harry Kane, as a kid in an Arsenal top, with a crowing tweet from an Arse supporter.

Next, Kevin De Bruyne, an RS-supporter as a kid apparently (so fucking what).Then that tedious old one about Gerrard with that pic of him in an Everton top before he started to accrue 9000 lines on his face. This includes a tweet from a RS knohhead saying 'Best player to wear an Everton shirt'.

Then another dig at Spurs about Aurier being an Arsenal fan.

Finally, Ashley Williams as a kid in an RS kit with John Barnes. If only he was still wearing that kit.

So six players, four Liverpool biased and two Arsenal. Everton and Spurs being openly ridiculed. It's a low-quality, poorly thought out article. It's not funny or clever, it's just poor lazy writing and typical biased shite from the BBC.

Anyway, anger officially vented, I can now get on with my day.

Reader Comments (43)

Mike Allison
1 Posted 07/08/2018 at 10:17:26
Don’t worry about it James. You’re a blue, you don’t need anyone else’s respect.
Len Hawkins
2 Posted 07/08/2018 at 10:26:00
Time for Mr Mosh to tell the shi*e to take the Liver Bird off their badge has he owns the building and is going to paint them Royal Blue. Reports today that the Yank is taking overall control at Arsenal so could be some good news about Usmanov before long.
Chad Schofield
3 Posted 07/08/2018 at 11:24:50
Give it a year or five and it'll be more Man U focused. Unless Liverpool actually win the league over the next two seasons I look will be gone and they'll be howling at the moon about needing just 1-3 players and it'll be their year.

God I hope they don't win the league.

James Lauwervine
4 Posted 07/08/2018 at 11:31:00
Even worse is the ridiculous article on the BBC today about the RS being the unluckiest team in the league. The BBC has no shame at all.
Laurie Hartley
5 Posted 07/08/2018 at 11:41:45
James - There has only ever been, and only ever will be, one way to shut them up. It's been a while - can Marco do it this season? If we get Mina and Bernard there is a chance.
Marcus Taylor
6 Posted 07/08/2018 at 11:56:02
The pro-Liverpool agenda continues...

"Liverpool unluckiest Premier League team & Manchester United luckiest, says study"

If Huddersfield or Palace had come out top in that 'study' would they have even mentioned it?

Erik Dols
7 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:02:53
Marcus, saw that one as well. The most ridiculous part of it is the heading saying this 'research' shows Liverpool as unluckiest team. If you actually take a look at it, it shows you that Huddersfield should have been relegated and Stoke should have stayed in. Both Liverpool and Man Utd would have more or less the same result: qualifying for CL without winning the league. So who is the luckiest and who the unluckiest? Very easy, Huddersfield and Stoke. The impact this had on them is huuuuuuge. But those are not interesting for the Beeb, apparently.
Colin Glassar
8 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:03:29
And now Rangers have become the BBC’s second most loved team, after the rs, since Stevie me la took over. Will they be on motd now? I wouldn’t be surprised.
Erik Dols
9 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:07:28
Colin, especially for you:

Link

Jay Wood
[BRZ]

10 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:11:20
I never, but never, understand why anyone gets so wound up and personally offended by such throwaway column-fillers like this.
Steve Johnston
11 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:14:53
Its not just BBC. Google are the same (at least when i'm on me phone). Nearly always an article or 2. But then again, the RS have always been media darlings.
Tony J Williams
12 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:22:18
Marcus

I was hoping that the survey (did they watch every second of every game?) would show an even bigger shift in number just to give the victims even more to moan about.

It would have been priceless

Amit Vithlani
13 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:28:22
The BBC has long been biased on a wide range of issues. What has disappointed me is how much the quality of content has declined, considering its tax funded status.

So much so, that they were taken to court in a high profile case which, in my view, has further tarnished their reputation.

Dermot Byrne
14 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:40:20
The Google thing will be probably based on past searches for Everton and thus city of Liverpool location.

The BBC I suspect all about global hits on their site.

I think it really irritating to see once prized objectivity compromised for such reasons.

The worst for me though, as a republican, is the fawning to the Windsors.

Don't get me started on that!

Tommy Carter
15 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:45:00
How has this been published as a feature on TW?

Embarrassing. I’ve known 7-year-olds who could write a more mature piece about a news feature.

I just don’t get this over-sentimentalised attitude of many Evertonians. I believe it holds the club back.

The club is overly sentimental even at board level. It doesn’t serve the club at all.

Why is anyone bothered about anything other than what EFC are doing? Who cares if some child in Belgium or France once supported LFC. It’s ridiculous.

These are professionals and they remove all sentiment from themselves and perform to the best of their abilities.

I believe EFC get the following equation mixed up.

A very good player with an emotional attachment can often become a great player, so inspired by his passion. Steven Gerrard is a classic example of this. As are players like Tony Adams etc.

An average player with an emotional attachment to the club will probably always remain an average player.

A very good player with no emotional attachment to the club is still a very good player and will be better than the average player with the emotional attachment.

But for some reason EFC doesn’t take to a Lukaku, or a Stones etc because ‘they don’t love the club’. Who cares, if they are class then we need to recruit and support them.

Otherwise you end up with Tony Hibbert playing right back for 10 years.

Raymond Fox
16 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:46:00
Kids support whoever is successful when their young. Same with media sources, they know more people have links to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and the Reds so they pander to them.

When and if we win something, they may condescend to give us some credit.

Dermot Byrne
17 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:55:21
Tommy football is all about emotion and sentiment and that may explain the article and much on TW.

Danger the game will end up being followed by souless analysts. Yawn.

Dermot Byrne
18 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:57:02
No me and many others Raymond. Was almost forced by family.
Colin Glassar
19 Posted 07/08/2018 at 12:59:45
Thanks for that Erik.

I don’t know about the rest of you but when I type in newsnow football, the rs are the first team to appear. I think this is all part of the Deep State/Dark Web/ rs wankers Alliance which controls all our algorithms and the iCloud. Bastards!

Ste Traverse
20 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:00:35
I'm so glad I'm not as paranoid as the bloke whose penned this article. Trawling the internet on the hunt for any anti-Everton sentiment.

Most football fans believe the media is anti their club. You only have to visit forums of other clubs to see it.

Dermot Byrne
21 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:25:17
Col: that was what I meant but you put it better!
Raymond Fox
22 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:37:30
Yes Dermot, most/many kids would have been more accurate.
Kristian Boyce
23 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:45:48
We all know the BBC have a Liverpool bias, and a quite sickening obsession with Steven Gerrard (they've averaged 2-3 Rangers/Gerrard posts a day for the last 2 months on their Facebook page). It's all part of a cycle though and a product of their success. A big part of the problem is that the kids of the 80's who followed the RS during the height of their success are now in their 40's and 50's, and holding influential positions in media. Give it another 10 years it will go back to a Man U obsession and then a Chelsea/Man City love-in.

The one surprising thing about the Beeb's current obsession is that a number of blues do work in a high level within the sports department, including McNulty. This probably has something to do with our success during that time period.

James Lauwervine
24 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:46:58
Tommy 16 - it's not a feature, it's a comment on the general forum intended to highlight something that bothered me and possibly open some discussion on this ongoing issue - if people desire it.

The BBC news feature I'm referring to is, to me, yet another example of RS bias on the BBC. More importantly, I see it as offensive and derogatory towards Everton and, less so, Tottenham. In my opinion, it was worth highlighting. Marcus 7 points to another example that has appeared today. What's your problem with that exactly?

You call it embarrassing. I think it's your comment that's embarrassing, particularly in that you seem to have entirely missed the point. I don't give a flying shit who supported who as a kid. The point is that the BBC have used this angle as another opportunity to ridicule Everton and promote their pro-RS agenda. What's wrong with me drawing attention to that? Are there really only six examples of this in the whole of the football world? Why are four of them pro-RS? Why is the main pic of Digne? It is a clear dig at Everton. What about that long list of RS players who actually supported Everton as kids? Like I say, I don't give a shit about any of that but I do give a shit about the BBC article selecting players for the article to fulfil its ongoing pro-RS agenda. These things do have an effect.

As Dermot 18 says, football is all about sentiment and emotion. I won't apologise for getting angry or frustrated at the pro-RS anti-Everton shite all over the BBC. Did you read my closing line?

Ste 21, to adapt a line from the great Joseph Heller, I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they're not out to get us. Plus, reading a featured article on the BBC football site with an Everton player as the lead picture is hardly 'trawling the internet' is it?

Tony Ateman
25 Posted 07/08/2018 at 13:48:27
Glasgow Rangers are now known as Steven Gerrard's Rangers.
Tommy Carter
26 Posted 07/08/2018 at 16:55:53
@24 James.

Respectfully, I think you are being over sensitive and as another poster puts it, paranoid.

You seem to think that the BBC have an anti-Everton agenda? You may point to examples of this being the car but it begs the question, ‘why?’

Isn’t McNulty their chief football writer and also an Evertonian?

I know he had a falling out with the club but I’ve always found his writing about us to be balanced and fair. In fact he always writes passionately about things that have an Everton connection, even if the story isn’t about Everton itself.

Matthew Williams
27 Posted 07/08/2018 at 17:30:34
It won't matter in a few years anyroad when a Euro Super League starts up & the current Sky Six leave.

It's what remains that matters as Everton will once again be founders of a brand new League & we can all enjoy getting the game we all loved growing up back...at long last,an equal playing field for all the clubs involved would be very interesting !.

Jim Bailey
28 Posted 07/08/2018 at 17:51:34
Matthew@27. I think you're probably right about a European Super League. Doesn't bother me. I remember reading about Man Utd fans being "bored" with playing the same teams in the Champions League. Wouldn't take too long for RS fans and others to get bored, plus the travel involved.

As I said, fine by me but as long as it is made clear that they are not allowed back into their respective domestic leagues when they become bored.

James, don't let the bastards grind you down.

Stephen Bird
29 Posted 07/08/2018 at 18:04:53
I'm a blue and hate them with a vengeance but there is a sociological reason for this, before football on tv everyone went to their local ground and supporters were very parochial.
The 70s saw regular tv highlights for the first time and guess who was winning everything !!
It all comes from that, media darlings and the choice of every lazy, couldn't be arsed to support my local team, fan.

In closing aside from my red scouse compatriots to whom I have a sliver of brotherly respect, the rest of the shit chose the easy option, probably bankrupted their local team and jumped on the gravy train.

Rob Halligan
30 Posted 07/08/2018 at 18:05:56
Jim 28. Spot on mate. Once they're gone, they're gone. No way back.

I would also go as far as saying they would no longer be allowed to enter the FA Cup or league cup, though as they wouldn't be part of the FA any longer, they probably wouldn't be invited anyway.

Matthew Williams
31 Posted 07/08/2018 at 18:40:22
Once there gone,there gone for good,no way back...fuck 'em.

My guess a breakaway Euro League will happen around the next World Cup in Qatar,with all the disruption it will cause around Europe the big boys will then seize their chance and enjoy wallowing in their own greed.

Meanwhile Blues...we get our game back.

Win...Win !.

Alan McGuffog
32 Posted 07/08/2018 at 18:49:56
Rob and Matthew...I share your sentiments in that I’d love to see the back of them even if we are left in an “ inferior league”. I feel that the super league is inevitable but I feel that those who participate in it will still be involved in the EPL. Special financial considerations will be put in place to allow these clubs to have huge squads.
Steve Pugh
33 Posted 07/08/2018 at 20:05:22
I would also like to see a rule brought in that no player in the European Super League can play for their national teams. That way all the money grabbers will go to the ESL and the passionate players will stay in our league.
Mark Tanton
34 Posted 07/08/2018 at 20:25:53
Tommy Carter (26) I always enjoy reading McNulty, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has fallen out with the club - his comments about Everton being no strangers to 'fake late transfers' was rather risqué but very much on the nose, when our bid for that forward (his name escapes me) on the last day didn't go through in the end. I think that was August 2016.
Tommy Carter
35 Posted 07/08/2018 at 21:24:30
@34 Mark

The falling-out dates back to Royle's tenure, I believe. He was a reporter for the Echo back then and was banned from the club on a number of occasions but especially so after the FA Cup defeat to Bradford, I believe.

Anyway, he doesn't appear to have any grudge against the club as far as I can see. Which doesn't fit with the BBC being anti-Everton in its sentiments.

Mark Tanton
36 Posted 07/08/2018 at 21:27:27
Very interesting, thanks for that Tommy - I didn’t know that. I think he writes with real knowledge and genuine affection for the club we all love.
Paul Birmingham
37 Posted 07/08/2018 at 22:22:16
Don’t get wound up, these AHs, are full of blight and anecdotes.

They are desperate to get credence as the greatest that never were.

Not worth get worked up.. Who takes the BBC and MOTD serious, in terms of the EPL?

James Lauwervine
38 Posted 08/08/2018 at 09:45:02
I don't buy that at all, Tommy. You say I'm over-sensitive and paranoid, I say you're deluded.

I provide examples of the RS bias and I can continue to every day as it's there every time I look at the BBC football page. You counter that the BBC's chief football writer is apparently an Evertonian. That is quite simply irrelevant. His writing about Everton is 'balanced and fair' you say.

So, let me see: One journalist on the BBC football site who is apparently an Evertonian writes about us (in your opinion) in a balanced and fair way and that's your argument? If you can't see how ridiculous that is then I can't really see the point of continuing. I'll stick with being 'over-sensitive and paranoid', thanks.

Simon Dalzell
39 Posted 08/08/2018 at 20:31:34
Tommy #15 Massive over reaction, and rather sad.

The ' 7 year old ' comment is cringeworthy.

Tommy Carter
40 Posted 08/08/2018 at 21:16:07
@39 simon

The only thing cringeworthy is the original piece of writing

When Reds often say that blues are more interested in commenting on LFC then how can that view point be argues with when stuff gets posted like this on a very popular fan site.

My ‘argument’ to @38 James is not an argument at all. It is a question to you as the author. I’ll write it more directly

Why would the BBC have an anti-Everton agenda?

In what way would it serve this British institution to have this.

I then simply made the point that their chief football writer seems balanced and fair. And that he happens to be an Evertonian. All things that are true.

I think that this is a paranoid piece of writing, and from somebody who seems overly sensitive that our new signing Digne has a tattoo that overtly suggests he had an affinity with LFC.

Chris Leyland
41 Posted 08/08/2018 at 22:03:24
I thought that this article was a bit paranoid but then I read the BBC website tonight. Whilst not anti-Everton, the fawning worship of the shite continues unabated:

Ian Wright: When Liverpool are doing well in the league, the league seems better.

Kevin Kilbane: Alisson is the signing of the summer.

James Lauwervine
42 Posted 09/08/2018 at 10:23:17
At last Tommy you have said something I agree with: "My 'argument' to @James 38 was not an argument at all". Exactly, it was an irrelevant rhetorical question.

The other question you seem intent on repeating has already been answered by others in the thread, which is why I ignored it.

Simon 39 is right that your original comments were cringeworthy, and also derogatory. In fact, your original post is simply an offensive comment followed by some rambling nonsense that entirely misses the point.

No doubt you consider yourself some sort of genius scribe who sits twirling his quill in his castle on high passing judgement on all of us pathetic minions who scrabble in the dirt trying to offer a misguided opinion or two. I can merely bow to your superior knowledge and acumen, oh great one.

Keith Dempsey
43 Posted 09/08/2018 at 12:26:55
Is that the same K.K. that was a good servant for several seasons at Goodison and seems a well balanced individual who surely is entitled to that opinion,even if we all know that Stoke got the deal of the season with Ashley Williams.