I am putting an Everton football supporters team into the Football Supporters Football League in London...Basically a Sunday footy league of which every team is run and played by provincial football supporters.

Everton haven't had a team in the league since the early 80s,,they were successful but folded just before our parent team started to dominate in the mid 80s.

So anyone in London that wants to get involved , players, coaches, sponsors, fans, admin..please contact me on EFCSOCIAL@OUTLOOK.COM or on my twitter feed @ESCLA1976.

We have some great lads already who turn up for training on Hyde Park every Wednesday, we kick a ball about and chat, have a pint , you know just normal footy stuff, so please come along, the more the merrier as they say.

Andrei Kanchelskis Jr is our captain , not as fast as his dad, but he ca move and plays a decent right back role. Speedo Mick has yet to make an appearance, but I expect him to come along when he now so busy fundraising for Eitc.

Please spread the word , we need to make Everton in London a huge team in this league, Man City and Exeter are the teams to watch out for , Celtic and Roma are no pushovers either, but I think we can put in a decent side of fans down here and really shake the league up...Whos with me???

Reader Comments (7)

Phil Greenough
1 Posted 31/08/2018 at 09:16:33
Good luck with your endeavours in London, Rob.
Steve Hili
2 Posted 31/08/2018 at 13:38:27
Would love to be part of this, but unfortunately, even though I've got Niasse-like enthusiasm I've got Per Krøldrup / Stefan Rehn-like skills.
Paul Hughes
3 Posted 31/08/2018 at 15:56:50
I played for the ESCLA team for a short period during the 80s until I was posted and absolutely loved it. Many happy memories on glue like pitches on Wormwood Scrubs common and Hackney Marshes. Good luck in your endeavours to re-establish the Everton team.
Rob Madigan
4 Posted 03/09/2018 at 12:56:46
Paul Hughes, I would love to hear more about the team you played for. I would hate for your memories of it to just dwindle away, please drop me a line on efcsocial@outlook.com so I can understand better about the former side.

I feel like I'm resurrecting a sleeping giant here, I am thinking of getting as many of the old team's memories and stories together to put into our ESCLA newsletter/fanzine which we put together every few months.

I know it will be a very funny and interesting read.

John G Davies
5 Posted 03/09/2018 at 13:13:39
Paul,

I can't remember when Paddy Slavin passed away, although I went to the funeral. Memory plays tricks sometimes. Was Paddy involved?

rob madigan
6 Posted 10/09/2018 at 16:13:26
So we had a 7 an side last Wednesday in Acton. The oppo was some trialists from Ealing Town FC It was our first test, I was a little bit apprehensive, I just didn't want some kids running rings round us and it getting a little out of control. These kids are trying to get into the Ealing squad, so my team talk was this..." ok lads, these are kids, and we aren't ready for this, but its just a friendly, the score is nothing to us, but the way we play is..we may be defending as a team for large parts of the game, but we defend as a team,,so lets get out there and just enjoy the match"" Well I can tell you now, we went out there and dominated for large spells,,withing 20mins we were 2nil up,,I was on the side lines shouting and cheering, taking pictures and generally being a crap coach...Im more suited as a chairman,,we need a coach and that is essential,...lucky for them, their keeper had a great game and kept them in it.. so halftime approaching, and we tired, bang bang bang, ,and we are 3-2 down, their coach was playing, he was very very good,,although he didn't try and score, he just moved about with class and tried to play his team in numerous times to see basically what they were all about like

so we had a chat at half time, the lads done all the talking, they knew what was the problem, and they solved it themselves,,

Come out for the 2nd half, and they made some changes, we didn't have enough players really, we played roll on/off subs, but were they had 15 players, we had 9, so we tired quicker.
There coach decided to have a little go himself and scored two quick goals., 5-2 down.

We played some great football, but they just had more pace, they were stronger and fitter, resting players all the time, our lads just tired more and more, although we still dominated, they were always countering and hurt ur once again.
so 6-2 down, we had a few chances, scoring once more before the whistle went.
6-3 against these lads felt lke a victory for us, we played a decent set of lads, and crawled off the pitch satisfied that we had given them a big test., not big enough for their coach to try and tap any of our players up, but, ,well we felt good..it was fun yno?

So Thursday coming,(13th) we have another friendly, this one is against Man City Fans team, they are an established league team, so it will be an even bigger test. Not sure of the venue at the moment, we are still sorting that out, but very much looking forward to it.
I won't be around, as I am on some Football show on C4, The Real Fan show I think its called,, but hopefully the lads have a great match and things start coming together.
Anyone in London or the South East who wants to come and play, coach, support, kickabout, drink dance etc please get in touch on efcsocial@outlook.com

Rob Madigan
7 Posted 05/10/2018 at 10:54:08
The team will be playing at Preston Manor School, Wembley, this Sunday @ 2pm. It is our first home match of the season; we lost narrowly 2-0 away to Shamrock Rovers last week in the Cup. The cup is a round robin tournament and we play Man City in the same competition this Sunday.

Andrei will be making his debut against Man City, a former club that his dad played for whilst on loan.

We are still in need of players down here in London and the South East. If you play, or just want to come to training to keep fit, please contact me on EFCSOCIAL@OUTLOOK.COM. Wish us luck!