After an absence of almost four years since the dreadful 1-1 against Hull, I'm actually going to the Southampton match on Tuesday. Not quite a pilgrimage of Mike Gaynes proportions, but I'm buzzing at the thought of being in the Old Lady again.

If anyone fancies meeting up for a pre-match pint, I'll be in the Royal Oak from about 5/5:30pm. Would be good to meet some people I've laughed/argued with over the years. And see The Blues win.

Follow @paultrantrainer

Reader Comments (14)

Tony Abrahams
1 Posted 01/10/2018 at 13:39:08
I hope you have a good time, Paul. I hope a few people turn up for one of ToffeeWeb's more knowledgeable posters imo, and I hope you bring us some luck mate!
Amit Vithlani
2 Posted 01/10/2018 at 13:41:56
Echo Tony's post. Enjoy it, Paul – and hope you get the right result too for making the trip.
Paul Tran
3 Posted 01/10/2018 at 16:36:04
Cheers Tony & Amit. I'm going to enjoy it regardless. I'm far too long in the tooth to let the small matter of a result spoil a rare trip to Goodison. Just hope it's better than the garbage I saw last time!
Brent Stephens
4 Posted 01/10/2018 at 16:46:10
Paul, you'll be in the Royal Oak from 5/5:30 – tonight? or match day?
Mike Gaynes
5 Posted 01/10/2018 at 16:47:58
Paul, wow, four years??! That's a long absence. Have a great time, my friend.

And I still hope to meet up with you (at last!) in Liverpool when I pop in for the derby in December.

Jamie Crowley
6 Posted 01/10/2018 at 16:52:54
Paul enjoy. Happy for you.

Have a beer and one of those pie-thingies for me over there.

Paul Tran
7 Posted 01/10/2018 at 17:27:17
Match day Brent. I'm not that keen!
Paul Tran
8 Posted 01/10/2018 at 18:07:16
Thanks Mike & Jamie, I'll be having at least one pie. I'll know more about December in the middle of November. I never know what I'm doing for work until 2/3 weeks before at the moment.
Dave Williams
9 Posted 01/10/2018 at 20:27:55
It's always a great experience to visit the Old Lady, especially for a night match and even more so when you can't get there often. Have a smashing night, Paul, and I hope you see a good performance and a victory.
Jerome Shields
10 Posted 02/10/2018 at 06:54:07
Have good game and night.
Paul Tran
11 Posted 02/10/2018 at 14:08:59
Thanks, Dave and Jerome. I'm going to enjoy it regardless!
Dave Abrahams
12 Posted 02/10/2018 at 14:20:31
Hope you enjoy the night and bring us luck in the game. I'm going out to see someone later, how will I know you if I make it to The Royal Oak later on tonight?
Paul Tran
13 Posted 02/10/2018 at 17:38:16
Well, Dave, I'm in the Oak right now sitting at the bar with a bottle of Corona.
Dave Abrahams
14 Posted 02/10/2018 at 17:56:11
Paul. (13), just got in, read your message, be down in the next half an hour.