We continue to receive emails and posts asking where Ken Buckley has got to seeing as he hasn't reported on a match since early last season.

Ken's reports have been one of the most popular features on ToffeeWeb for a number years and they've clearly been missed.

I was able to get in touch with one of Ken's mates from the Room of Nonsense and he informs me that Ken had simply decided to take a break from his report-writing duties, largely through the ennui that most of us shared about the state of the team under Sam Allardyce.

Should he decide to resume his regular account of Blues games, we would welcome him back with open arms but was taken aback by how many people have asked after him.

Reader Comments (26)

Michael Kenrick
1 Posted 01/10/2018 at 20:14:56
This is a continuation of the thread from last season, which can no longer be accessed fully.

We trust Ken is enjoying the new season with added zest now he is unburdened of the need to document his exertions as one of the Blue Throng at Goodison Park.

Frank McGregor
2 Posted 02/10/2018 at 03:06:18
What ever happened to Ken Buckley? I really enjoyed his articles on the games which were entertaining and most welcome change from the regular press reporting.

It is a big loss for ToffeeWeb readers.

Martin Nicholls
3 Posted 02/10/2018 at 05:14:03
Good to hear Ken's okay – I'm looking forward to the resumption of his reports.
Alan J Thompson
4 Posted 02/10/2018 at 05:40:06
Is it worthwhile asking what he drinks?
Terry Hayes
5 Posted 02/10/2018 at 07:38:03
Glad to hear Ken is ok but miss reading his reports.
Dave Long
6 Posted 02/10/2018 at 14:03:34
Ken, here in Japan, reading your reports made me homesick. I look forward to your return.
Jim Hardin
7 Posted 02/10/2018 at 16:38:41
Very good news to hear. Wish him well and I hope he someday resumes his game day summaries or at least posts the odd contribution here and there.
John Audsley
8 Posted 02/10/2018 at 19:07:06
Phew

When I read the headline I feared the worst!

Good to know he is well and hopefully just taking a break.

All the best Ken, we miss you sir.

Brian Garside
9 Posted 02/10/2018 at 19:17:51
I am also one who is thankful to Ken for his contributions. It may be disheartening for him to put up with the moronic, knee-jerk not-thought-threw comments which followed his high level of insight, appreciation and knowledge of the game as a whole and our club as a whole.

Should Ken Buckley even post the occasional report, I can assure him that it would be gratefully received by us all.

Mike Doyle
10 Posted 02/10/2018 at 19:26:27
I think Ken's reports are particularly missed by us blues-in-exile as they captured the other parts of the match day experience that TV coverage can't. Pre-match drinks, talking bollocks, half-time reflections etc – all important elements, particularly when you haven't won a trophy in almost 25 years.
Mike Doyle
11 Posted 02/10/2018 at 19:26:27
I think Ken’s reports are particularly missed by us blues-in-exile as they captured the other parts of the match day experience that TV coverage can’t . pre-match drinks . talking bollocks . half time reflections etc - all important elements, particularly when you haven’t won a trophy in almost 25 years.
Peter Mills
14 Posted 02/10/2018 at 22:01:42
Lyndon and Michael, thank you for letting us know. Ken is held In huge esteem by many people on this site, whatever he has decided to do is fine.

Very best wishes Ken (and, at the same time, George McKane).

Laurie Hartley
15 Posted 03/10/2018 at 07:05:15
Peter # 14 - is George McKane alright?

I miss Ken's posts also. I think it will be a while before we see him on here though. All the best Ken.

Peter Mills
16 Posted 03/10/2018 at 08:08:39
Laurie #14, George posted on his “Dark House Blues” Facebook page that he is embarking on some medical treatment and will be missing the match for a while.

Laurie Hartley
17 Posted 03/10/2018 at 23:39:23
Thanks Peter - I have never met George but he feels like friend. I will message him.
Anthony Dove
18 Posted 04/10/2018 at 14:43:18
Delighted Ken is okay but his funny and balanced reports are a big miss. The weekly violent mood swings of ToffeWeb can get a bit wearing.
Liam Reilly
19 Posted 04/10/2018 at 16:13:59
I guess there's only so many times a man can write: 'disappointing', 'poor', or 'gutted', before he needs a break.

Hopefully he'll be back when he's refreshed.

Andy McNabb
20 Posted 04/10/2018 at 22:50:13
Great to hear Ken is okay. I had feared the worst.

Go on, Ken. Take up that pen a few more times. You make me feel like I'm still able to go to the game when I read your articles.

And thanks for all your work, mate. Very much appreciated.

Lee Courtliff
21 Posted 05/10/2018 at 20:58:56
Feared the worst then... glad he's okay.

'From my Seat' was always worth a read.

Alan Rodgers
22 Posted 09/10/2018 at 22:36:41
I'm glad Ken is okay and I'm looking forward to more of his reports when things pick up.
Jamie Sweet
23 Posted 10/10/2018 at 02:08:36
Come back, Ken!!!!!
Rob Hooton
24 Posted 14/10/2018 at 20:07:38
Also glad to hear Ken is well and hope he wants to write a report soon! Like many others, I live too far to get to the games and it always feels like you're right there with Ken in his wonderful reports.
Steve Hopkins
25 Posted 14/10/2018 at 20:53:52
Tried to look back at some of Ken's old reports here Link but they don't display anything, tried in Firefox & Edge Lyndon
Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
26 Posted 15/10/2018 at 14:39:48
Steve Hopkins
27 Posted 18/10/2018 at 09:17:54
Thanks, Michael, doh, I was searching this season rather than last.
Dave Abrahams
28 Posted 22/11/2018 at 11:37:48
Michael (26),

I tried that link last night (at random) came up with the Bournemouth game last season, Ken's report was remarkable, not just the game, but his insight to what was going on at the time, on and off the field, brilliant.

Ken, you are well missed, but as long as you are okay, fit and well do what is best for yourself.