I am a seventy nine year old Everton fanatic. I have posted quite often on ToffeeWeb and always enjoy the banter along with the humour by both your staff and fellow contributors.

I emigrated to Canada in 1963 but Everton always remained in my heart and in my soul.I have two sons named John Everton and Andrew Goodison. My Scottish wife would not allow me to call our daughter Gladwys.

We have been back to Liverpool quite often and amazingly my kids are also fanatical Blues. My youngest son and myself were back last April for the Derby . We were able to meet Graham Sharpe, Graham Stuart and Stephen, Pienar on the field before the game. Great memories and great people. Please find below my 2018 Christmas poem for all true Blues. I hope you can print it [PDF], but feel free to decide what is most appropriate.

Keep up the great work on Toffee Web. It really does mean a lot to me as it obviously does for others. C.O.Y.B

Reader Comments (8)

Frank Fearns
1 Posted 12/12/2018 at 19:59:01
Excellent John - the brothers at St Eddies would be very impressed but the less said about that the better. Will pass this onto Harry even tho he is a red. Happy Blue Xmas.
Derek Knox
2 Posted 13/12/2018 at 10:59:06
John, I can only echo Frank's praise of your very worthy and well thought out Xmas poem, as also being a Scottish Evertonian, I can also say it's about time the tables were reversed or at least evened up.

Although hailing from Scotland, I now live in Cheshire, but do get to the odd match, I may get a Season Ticket again as I do miss it, although I have one of those gizmos where I rarely miss a match.

Funnily enough one of the best and reliable coverages of the match (not always but usually) is TSN 1-5 or Sportsnet One or Ontario. I am slightly younger than you John, but not by much and have supported Everton for about the same length of time.

Once again thanks for your contribution which is appreciated, at least by us 'older ones' and best wishes to you and your family, for the forthcoming period and beyond.

David Pearl
3 Posted 13/12/2018 at 19:33:32
All I want for Christmas is maximum points.

All the best, John.

John Boon
4 Posted 14/12/2018 at 14:00:27
Thanks Frank,

I have met you a number of times at your house when we were much younger. I have read your posts regularly without putting the obvious two and two together. Harry and I were great friends at school and at Simmaries. I would be delighted to hear from him and possibly meet up again with both of you when I come back to see the Toffees.

Thanks to "Toffee Web" for printing my poem. I can still dream of a Blue future. You will have to work much harder to convert Harry.

Michael Forster
5 Posted 15/12/2018 at 04:50:52
John, What a wonderful creative brain you have. It must be all that Welland water. I am recommending that your name be put forward as the next Poet Laureate of Canada.
Gerry Ring
6 Posted 15/12/2018 at 09:08:52
Well done. They should print your poem in one of the match programmes over Christmas.
My Scottish cousin Tommy Ring would have been at Everton before you left. I’m wondering if you saw him play?
John Boon
7 Posted 15/12/2018 at 16:22:49
Gerry,

Thanks for the compliment. WOW! Tommy Ring was one of my all-time favourite players. I wish we still had any player like him. You have a very famous cousin. In my eyes he should have been Knighted or at least made a Laird or whatever they do in Scotland. Far far better than Dalglish.

Also, thanks to Derek and David.

Paul Birmingham
8 Posted 21/12/2018 at 00:05:20
John, this is priceless and heritage, in view of all this club has done and stands for.

Your deffo a Will Shakespeare, well done ma8. Remarkable and unique and this is what EFC, in view of the next few years, needs to know.

All The Best of The Seasons Greetings to All Evertonians!