Jelavic completes Hull City move

, 14 January, 0comments  |  Jump to most recent

Nikica Jelavic has concluded his move from Everton to Hull City pending a work permit after completing a medical on Humberside and tying up the final details on his contract.

The striker admitted yesterday that Steve Bruce convinced him the switch is the right one for him after the two clubs agreed a deal on Friday for the 28 year-old, reported to be around 6.5m rising to 7.5m if Hull stay in the Premier League this season.

The transfer was dependent on Jelavic agreeing personal terms with the Humberside club and those talks came to a successful conclusion yesterday.

The Croatian leaves Everton after two years with the club in search of regular first-team football in a World Cup year. He lost his regular starting place last season after enduring a barren run in front of goal that was in stark contrast to the deluge of goals with which he announced his arrival in the Premier League from Rangers.

He became the quickest striker to reach double figures for goals in Everton's history, taking just 970 minutes to score his 10th, but he scored no League goals at all in his final 700 minutes of action. He signed off from the Blues with a two-goal salvo against QPR in the FA Cup earlier this month.

"Steve Bruce called me and told me that he wants me in his team as a leading attacker," the Jelavic told Jutarnji list.

"He asked me if I'm ready to move, then talked briefly about the club, his coaching philosophy and about the club's goals.

"He was very confident during that conversation and after that I agreed to move to Hull City. The club suits me and I'm happy that the clubs have found an agreement for my transfer."

Quotes or other material sourced from Sky Sports





About these ads

© ToffeeWeb